Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Grandpa is played by Dan, who is also Homer, Barney, Wiggum, Quimby, and Moe.

Also for reference I’m certain that all of the main cast, Dan, Nancy etc are Scientologists and that’s the only reason the show hasn’t messed with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hank Azaria is Moe but maybe Dan will replace him when he gets fired for being racist

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Julie Kavner sounds closer to death with every new episode.

But I think before then one of the male cast members, who have all been richer than god for like two decades now, will be revealed to be a sex predator or something.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PostNouveau posted:

Julie Kavner sounds closer to death with every new episode.

But I think before then one of the male cast members, who have all been richer than god for like two decades now, will be revealed to be a sex predator or something.

dan castalanetta..cast ala net on her? sounds like some sort of i dunno trap or some sht *scrunches up post*

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would actually doubt that, if only because Dan Castelletta basically lives in his fortress mansion and never leaves, Harry Shearer has been in the business for 30 years and is universally beloved and respected, and Hank Azaria is extremely publicly available and is just constantly working, I honestly don’t know when they’d have time to commit a badness.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
imagine having that much dough and being a voluntary shutin.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bust Rodd posted:

I would actually doubt that, if only because Dan Castelletta basically lives in his fortress mansion and never leaves, Harry Shearer has been in the business for 30 years and is universally beloved and respected, and Hank Azaria is extremely publicly available and is just constantly working, I honestly don’t know when they’d have time to commit a badness.

they said the same thing about lucifer.....

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I think homer gets stupider every year

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS posted:

id be a very lonely baker lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Orkin Mang posted:

id be a very lonely baker lol

the glory of being a baker is sharing your baked goods with people you love you fool you loving fool

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Riptor posted:

yeah he's dumb as hell now

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS posted:

the glory of being a baker is sharing your baked goods with people you love you fool you loving fool

mabe u could 'leaven' ur posts with a bit of human kindness next time :(

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Riptor posted:

That's not a question, Professor

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Orkin Mang posted:

mabe u could 'leaven' ur posts with a bit of human kindness next time :(

its from a place of concern

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maybe he teleconferences with Notch or something.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

sounds awesome

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Doesn’t sound so bad since you could afford to just bring everything to your mansion.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

Doesn’t sound so bad since you could afford to just bring everything to your mansion.

you know they dont

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Streak posted:

i wonder who the first big voice actor to die will be and what they will do when it happens

marcia wallace (mrs. krabappel) already died, and her character was a pretty major one imo

but i think julie kavner (marge) is probably gonna die first. she already sounds like she's a trillion years old

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat, didnt know that. it looks like krabappel isn't really on the show anymore

and maude flanders got her voice actor replaced some point and it was really obvious and then they killed off the character in the show

but a major character's VA dying is going to be interesting

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh poo poo just found this

quote:

(The actual reason her character was killed off was due to a pay dispute between the actress who voiced her character and the show's producers).

lol?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

id rather the viewership die first so i dont feel compelled to watch this crap on sunday nights in a malt liquor haze.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol if you pay for and/or watch cable TV instead of torrenting/streaming/netflixing the good poo poo and ignoring the rest

don't watch poo poo just because it's on

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS posted:

imagine having enough money never to have to leave the house, and voluntarily dealing with society's bullshit

truly shut-ins are the wisest men

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Streak posted:

oh poo poo just found this
Yeah, the reason why was that the principals were getting cushy pay, but the bean counters didn't want to comp the VA's flights from (vancouver to LA???) for all the recording work.

And considering it's The loving Simpsons you think they could have let a few thousand in expenses go.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Streak posted:

lol if you pay for and/or watch cable TV instead of torrenting/streaming/netflixing the good poo poo and ignoring the rest

dont tell me what to don't

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Streak posted:

the simpsons is available on broadcast television

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Harry Shearer actually left in 2017, he voices a ton of extremely regular people, like Mr. Burns and Skinner

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Streak posted:

Uh Karate Kid 3 is on tv as we speak so your argument kinda falls down there.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Harry Shearer actually left in 2017, he voices a ton of extremely regular people, like Mr. Burns and Skinner

He was, until 20th Century Fox showed him the satellite feed of his house and family with the snipers trained on it. :smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Has Fox renewed the show last season 30?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

He was, until 20th Century Fox showed him the satellite feed of his house and family with the snipers trained on it. :smith:

Surely it was more of this kind of situation?

https://youtu.be/Z9ilVH63MF8

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Bust Rodd posted:

He quit for two months then came back.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ein cooler Typ posted:

imagine having enough money never to have to leave the house, and voluntarily dealing with society's bullshit

truly shut-ins are the wisest men

This but unironically

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean he was only getting $300,000.00 an episode, a dude’s gotta eat

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
With regards to talk of a major VA dying ending the show.

Disney is going to be getting control of The Simpsons in 2019 and, mark my words, the show will die by their hand. The question is if its the result of another pay dispute.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Milo and POTUS posted:

This has been my idle daydream since childhood.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

you can be a poor shutin though. it's more authentic. it's just pathetic when you're rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Milo and POTUS posted:

you can be a poor shutin though. it's more authentic. it's just pathetic when you're rich

Uh, the fantasy is Money, and no people. Like both, together.