Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Never show someone how hard or well you can work and not expect for that to be the standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

spacetoaster posted:

We should start a gip t-shirt company and make the stupidest, non-grunt, tshirts.
False Motivation, LLC: ironic moto shirts.

It would
be HOOAH
of you

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Naked Bear posted:

False Motivation, LLC: ironic moto shirts.

It would
be HOOAH
of you

lol

e; I would buy a POGUE A F shirt if it had a cool design

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Dual Pack t shirts, one with BATTLE and one with BUDDY, written in crayon

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
CAVeat SCOUT

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'm not doing another goddamned t-shirt run.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

Here’s the good news: when big army realizes one LT has kept up without killing himself or the unit falling apart, they’ll just cut the MTOE so that the S4 shop is only authorized an LT and maybe a PFC.

Manning shortfall fixed via subtraction!

Slow down professor! *scribbling note to HRC furiously*

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

I like how antithetical actually Army writing is in contrast to DA PAM 600-67

To which, every senior NCOs is paradoxically opposed to.

Is it cause 600-67 doesn’t exist anymore?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Random thought: why doesn’t the Army feed every regulation and policy memo into Watson and let it answer every dumbass question people have?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Why doesn’t the army do anything?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Because it would be harder for leadership to willfully ignore regulations that get in the way of all the dumb and petty bullshit that fuels their stupid chud army brains

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I want to see a markov bot write a field manual. Like feed it every piece of Army poo poo you can, then have it create a random FM.
Or a maintenance manual.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

bulletsponge13 posted:

I want to see a markov bot write a field manual. Like feed it every piece of Army poo poo you can, then have it create a random FM.
Or a maintenance manual.
I would do this if I didn't already have plans for this weekend.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
It wouldn't matter unless the that Markov bot became an instructor to fill a generation of soldiers with misinformation and a cargo cult reverence of Hollywood depictions of the army from 1940-1965

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863200&pagenumber=22#post486289421

:drat:

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 20, 2018

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

mods changed my name posted:

It wouldn't matter unless the that Markov bot became an instructor to fill a generation of soldiers with misinformation and a cargo cult reverence of Hollywood depictions of the army from 1940-1965

One step at a time.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sick burn but please do not inline corpses.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EBB posted:

Sick burn but please do not inline corpses.

ok.

it's up in gbs, figured it was ok.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Yowzer

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

McNally posted:

I'm not doing another goddamned t-shirt run.

This. Plus the whole "no I dont want to buy a unit t-shirt"

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Oh my god, State Dept just flat out killed our overseas AT just a few days before it was supposed to happen.

Something like 80% of the training depended on us being in that particular place with that country's units. Also, all of our poo poo is in a boat on the other side of the planet, waiting for us to pick it up.

I'm part of 3 different text groups now, and watching the shitshow evolve as people realize that an entire year's planning and effort have blown up in their face at the last minute has been glorious. It just gets better as the three different groups devise three mostly different plans, because by God we're going to go somewhere oconus and do something. And somehow that place is going to absorb a whole loving battalion+ that it wasn't planning on.

You guys never told me switching to the guard would give me beautiful moments like this. It's wonderful

Suntan Boy fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 20, 2018

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Well I have good news. I'm out of the army as of yesterday afternoon, and am currently hundreds of miles away from the morons I used to work with/for. I'm going to be in Yellowstone tomorrow and I can't tell what I'm going to be enjoying more, that, or NOT BEING IN THE ARMY.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Smoke weed

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Steezo posted:

I'm assuming you have a car, so you have duck tape, zip ties and jumper cables? Because it sounds like you're dealing with people who never learned empathy, not to be confused with sympathy which is a mistake, and there are a few ways to teach people empathy but on ones institutionalized for so long more severe cult deprogramming tactics may be necessary to teach them that those things in uniforms are people like them.

Or you could you know, ambush them and beat them so severely they'll only get a generous benefits package and medical discharge.

Your my favorite, man.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

A Bad Poster posted:

Well I have good news. I'm out of the army as of yesterday afternoon, and am currently hundreds of miles away from the morons I used to work with/for. I'm going to be in Yellowstone tomorrow and I can't tell what I'm going to be enjoying more, that, or NOT BEING IN THE ARMY.

If you have time, swing up to Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park in Montana, it's a few hours from Yellowstone and pretty cool.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

The Rat posted:

If you have time, swing up to Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park in Montana, it's a few hours from Yellowstone and pretty cool.

I had to pass it by. I got stuck in complete gridlock due to a fire in central Washington, did 8 miles in 4 hours, so I'm half a day behind. My family is going on a canoe trip down in the Ozarks next weekend and I want to make it back for that.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
They told you civilian world is bad like that shouldve stayed a lifee!

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
Hey guys wake up is 0515 so we can get out on the range by 0700 after breakfast chow to qual with our unzeroed 249s on a range that's 240-only until noon and has no 5.56 hooah?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mustang 20 years from now at his retirement ceremony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlvKydE0EVA

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

EBB posted:

mustang 20 years from now at his retirement ceremony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlvKydE0EVA

Not the scene I was expecting but still recognized it the second it popped up. Was expecting something more like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9BoyyaSjPY

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Valtonen posted:

So.. as it looks our gunnery is gonna be cut to ”we wing table 6 and hope everyone qualifies” Thanks to this range fuckup. Todays agenda? Brigade master gunner giving us a speech on How T6 is qualifying event, not a training, So it shouldnt be winged. Oh, really, msg? You dont loving say. My platoon has one TC and one gunner who have actually shot gunneries on those seats. PSG straight out of drill sergeanting, 3 tank TC from recruiting and LT from west point with 4 weeks on platoon so far. All gunners except one are e4 prior drivers/loaders. That msg is gonna see some serious poo poo when we go out, I promise. Namely comet streaks of training rounds fired under wrong ballistics way the gently caress over the targets.

Not that any of our sister BNs dod Any better tho, VCEs are telling horror stories of things seen at the tower.
3IDs finest.

Yay Ft. Stewart! Your battalion actually thought they were just going to jump into another unit's gunnery? WTF? That poo poo was planned out many months in advance. The only time we were able to do anything like that was when one of our TC/Gunner combos had to change up due to an unexpected PCS. We were able to get that one crew squeezed into 4-64's Table VIII but even that was hard to get done.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Mustang posted:

So I'm pretty much doing the work of 4 people right now. For the nearly 3 years I've been here the 4 shop was always at a minimum the S4, NCOIC, AS4 and the UMO. So 3 officers and an NCO. Sometimes it was like 2 Captains, 3 LTs and a NCO, and that was back under the previous regime where every day wasn't an onslaught of "number one priority" tasks.

It's loving infuriating when one of the field grades comes back from some meeting and we're red on some slide and of course we have to immediately fix the problem. I get one thing done and 5 more get added to my mountain of poo poo to do.

I've been told I need to stay out of the weeds and bushes and focus on the big picture but I can't keep any subordinates for more than a month or two so I'm constantly having to spend time training up new people. They never get to RIP with their predecessors because none of the personnel moves happen in time despite me frequently bringing up our manning issues.

You do realize that you sound like every S-4 in the history of the Army, right?

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
So what’s the deal with the army’s direct commission for cyber officers program? A civilian buddy of mine just shared his interest with me, and is talking with a recruiter soon for info. What’s the catch (besides joining the army, of course)?

Because of the 6-week short OCS, are they on the same level chaplains/lawyers/doctors, and immune to some of the typical army BS? He’s looking at the reserves as well, even though that hasn’t official been rolled out yet, only active duty.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

pkells posted:

So what’s the deal with the army’s direct commission for cyber officers program? A civilian buddy of mine just shared his interest with me, and is talking with a recruiter soon for info. What’s the catch (besides joining the army, of course)?

Because of the 6-week short OCS, are they on the same level chaplains/lawyers/doctors, and immune to some of the typical army BS? He’s looking at the reserves as well, even though that hasn’t official been rolled out yet, only active duty.

Basic cyber officer's course is 37 weeks long and he's gonna end up as an S6 in some dumb reserve medical unit reimaging laptops to windows 7. Career course after that is another like 26 weeks. I have no idea where he's getting 6 weeks from.

You spend more time learning CCNA than that, lol.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think that 6 week thing is the basic thing doctors and lawyers and poo poo go through instead of basic.

It's basically in processing, when to salute and some light jogging, welcome to the army. You know, because doctors are valuable.

I saw some of them at, poo poo I can't remember, it was either Knox or Benning and they were trying to get them to march around corners and they were loving it all up but everyone was laughing and it was good time.

What happens after that I have no idea.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Marine corps reserves is needing cyber officers, have him go through 10 weeks of OCS followed by 6 months of TBS learning basic infantry tactics at a platoon level to sit at a computer 1 weekend a month 2 weeks in the summer

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Direct commision folks go through an abbreviated OCS, Echo company of OCS. They get afternoons off, wear civvies, get their cell phones, can go off post and no one yells at them.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
MEDCOM DCC “how to salute/jog” course was considered way too cushy and bullshit a few years back so it got moved from San Antonio to Sill, put under command of a non-MEDCOM unit, and became a long workday six day a week affair.

Gotta ride that “gentleman’s course” line lest you piss off a GO and he decides to make something more rigorous.

A former enlisted barracks lawyer PA tried to say it was illegal to make LTs share a barracks room at said course. lol.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol shove that LT in an open bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mlmp08 posted:

MEDCOM DCC “how to salute/jog” course was considered way too cushy and bullshit a few years back so it got moved from San Antonio to Sill, put under command of a non-MEDCOM unit, and became a long workday six day a week affair.

Gotta ride that “gentleman’s course” line lest you piss off a GO and he decides to make something more rigorous.

A former enlisted barracks lawyer PA tried to say it was illegal to make LTs share a barracks room at said course. lol.

Lol being in San Antonio is one of the best parts of doing a medical mos