Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

value-brand cereal posted:

This looks really cute and endearing, and some thing I might enjoy. Is there creepy pedo poo poo in it? I don't want to spend money if there's going to be soft core, implied hosed up poo poo in it.

If you have to ask...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

CzarChasm posted:

Geez. That cancer line just reminded me about a recent death in my family.

My mother's sister succumbed to skin cancer earlier this year. She had a series of small moles on her shoulder that she never got looked at until it was too late. It was a real bummer.

My poor aunt, thought it was freckles and died.

:negative:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

CzarChasm posted:

My mother's sister succumbed to skin cancer earlier this year. She had a series of small moles on her shoulder that she never got looked at until it was too late. It was a real bummer.

:discourse:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

CzarChasm posted:

:lol: holy poo poo.

Sorry.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Fucks sake that was good

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

CzarChasm posted:

:chanpop:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Can someone explain pls

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

bike tory posted:

Can someone explain pls

Have a read through this

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

bike tory posted:

Can someone explain pls

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599972&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post426646421

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

techknight posted:

Have a read through this

Thank you

Not you

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

Awh man that really sucks i'm sorry. I'm ginger and absolutely terrified of this happening to me, growing up literally every doctor I have been told basically told me to tell someone immediately if I ever find a mole on me cause my skin tone is basically as light as you can possibly get without being considered albino.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bath Tubs posted:

Awh man that really sucks i'm sorry. I'm ginger and absolutely terrified of this happening to me, growing up literally every doctor I have been told basically told me to tell someone immediately if I ever find a mole on me cause my skin tone is basically as light as you can possibly get without being considered albino.

I'm sorry to tell you that you were just very emotionally open to a meme joke

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's about some teens and their families, and how society has adapted to having multiple human races with pretty different body types. So it does touch on, like, the fact that centaurs need bigger restroom stalls.it actually does have some implied hosed up poo poo, because there's references to re-education camps for racists. At one point the Centaur suggests a tired friend could ride her and the friend is like, "no loving way, that's illegal, if they see that they'll send me away!" because there's a hosed up history of centaur slavery in some countries. But there's no, like, soft core sex stuff going on.

I'd actually recommend the anime, it's pretty good, maybe slightly better than the manga.

That legit sounds like an interesting plot concept though the whole reeducation camps might be some weird antisemetism type poo poo a la attack on titan or snk? One of those is the nazi one.

fool_of_sound posted:

I only skimmed it a few years ago, but the big issue I remember it is that substantial undertones of 'man people are really oversensitive about racism, aren't they???'

Yeah that sounds like Japan! I'll see if I can get it used somewhere! I haven't read anime comics since Cardcaptor Sakura when I was a tween, so hopefully this is some cute poo poo with a side of realism to even out the saccharine. Thanks again!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Guy Goodbody posted:

Somebody once said memes are basically hieroglyphs that you either get or you don’t and sincere responses to jokes are my favorite proof of that idea.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
AI generated motivational poster.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

VanSandman posted:

Somebody once said memes are basically hieroglyphs that you either get or you don’t and sincere responses to jokes are my favorite proof of that idea.

My favorite meme is people being really earnest about memes and offering advice and support. :unsmith:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I will never not appreciate a spontaneous display of affection.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It was the "stealing a bat fascinator from Stephen King's fence" of its day.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SpacePig posted:

When someone mentioned the giant centipede earlier, I looked it up to see just how giant it was. I saw it mention that one recently recorded death from one of their bites was when one was hiding in a child's open soda can, and while I was relieved that it was still small enough to fit in a soda can, I basically stopped reading about bugs for the day then and there.

Yeah good luck fitting this monstrosity into a soda can

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Guy Goodbody posted:

Grimm Fairy Tales is a comic book universe of "sexy" versions of fairy tales, it's been running for over a decade and has like 400 issues despite there not being a single human being alive who will admit to to reading it.

Who was this drawn by, Rob Liefeld's somehow-even-worse-at-anatomy cousin?

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

Memento posted:

Who was this drawn by, Rob Liefeld's somehow-even-worse-at-anatomy cousin?

Now, now; we can't see their feet. This could well be Liefeld, too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phlegmish posted:

Wow kids really seem to hate this one specific wasp

Let me tell you ten reasons why!!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

Bees are cute and slow (especially bumblebees :3:) and just want some sugar water or nectar or whatever.

Whilst this is largely true of Bumblebees I can say as a beekeeper this is not true of Honeybees if you go near their hive. They will string the poo poo out of you then hundreds more will come and sting you as well. They can be totally chill a lot of the time but is one bee freaks out and stings you then it can become pretty bad news pretty quickly.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aramoro posted:

Whilst this is largely true of Bumblebees I can say as a beekeeper this is not true of Honeybees if you go near their hive. They will string the poo poo out of you then hundreds more will come and sting you as well. They can be totally chill a lot of the time but is one bee freaks out and stings you then it can become pretty bad news pretty quickly.

They're still highly derived wasps, so it's to be expected

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Randaconda posted:

They're still highly derived wasps, so it's to be expected

At least they die when they sting mammals mostly.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hurr durr i'm gonna sting that dude and die in the process hurr durr

- stupid idiot moron bee fuckers

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Aramoro posted:

Africanized "Killer" Bees kept this trait to absurd levels. A single sting sends out a pheremone signal strong enough to be sensed from miles away that labels you as "Enemy. Engage Immediately." And each time another bee stings you in response to the signal, it sends out another, raising the def-con level for the thousands of horrifyingly aggressive warriors in the swarm. You very quickly become more bee venom than man, and it's a level of pain the human heart can't handle, going full arrest, assuming you aren't allergic and having anaphylaxis in every centimeter of your skin, strangling yourself from the massive swelling. Bees can be scary, yo.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Aramoro posted:

At least they die when they sting mammals mostly.

Wasp's stingers are not barbed, like bees, so they can keep stinging and won't die.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Aramoro posted:

I can say that masonry bees are idiots that will crawl through tiny gaps to get to lightbulb-holders rather than go back up my chimney.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

We Know Catheters posted:

Wasp's stingers are not barbed, like bees, so they can keep stinging and won't die.

Bee stings are better than just barbed, they have muscles attached and kinda saw their way into your skin even after the bee itself has gone away to die in the corner. A cool adaptation to allow them to sting mammals more easily. And when there's 50,000 of you in a colony life is cheap.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Guy Goodbody posted:

Living dangerously is the only way I wanna live

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

CzarChasm posted:

:vince:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/m8eL1ie.mp4

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

aww

Also turn on sound

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drat it, now I gotta know if it was sprinkling or raining.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

"you're not real I'm real" is a great way to win an argument

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

2018? This is from 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVl7bdGO-sM

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Best thing I ever read was to think of children as "tiny drunk adults".
It works so goddamn well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

You're not real, I'm real. So your argument is invalid, thank you and good night.