Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Sperglord Actual posted:

He got threatened because he made an angry video about the Graf Zeppelin being a completely broken clusterfuck at initial release.

Honestly, the only reason anyone got the Graf Zeppelin was as a captain trainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

masterpine posted:

How do you find it as a credit maker? Current T8 hell matchmaking is making my usual Alabama money farming a bit of a pain. Have got 400k FXP that i was slowly accruing with the goal of the next T9 stuff like the Alaska, Nelson is really tempting though.

not as good as T8 but I turn a profit even in garbage rounds with premium consumables.

e: It's my most-played ship by a wide margin and I have a 60% win rate in it. I was saving for one of the T9 free xp ships and got the Azure Lane Nelson commander from that event and said screw it and got the Nelson. Haven't regretted it for a second. That commander was what a 6-point? It became by first 19-point commander this evening. I caused an Atlanta captain to freak out at me in game chat because I slowly advanced towards him, ate a poo poo ton of HE spam damage, sank him, and then nonchalantly healed most of the damage back.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 20, 2018

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Looks like the Scharnhorst is going 50% off, i guess it's time to jump in.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

masterpine posted:

Looks like the Scharnhorst is going 50% off, i guess it's time to jump in.

Same on EU - if you don't have a Scharnhorst this is a bargain which is hard to beat. It's a really fun ship.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

Same on EU - if you don't have a Scharnhorst this is a bargain which is hard to beat. It's a really fun ship.

For me to shoot at.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

$20 for a scharnhorst is about the most fun per dollar you’ll ever get out of wargaming.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Is anyone else constantly having to re-enter their password since the introduction of the launcher login system? Pretty annoying.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
So are any recruiter for BOATC still active? Been a few days since I've applied to join back up and nothing's happened yet.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Darkrenown posted:

Is anyone else constantly having to re-enter their password since the introduction of the launcher login system? Pretty annoying.

Nope, did it a couple of times then now just launches straight in.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Godammit, Wargaming. I can't stop getting ships at 50% off. I loving love these things. This is why I'm a whale.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Scharnhorst is also 50% off for doubloon purchase in game, so I just got one with my Steam sale hoard

:hmmyes:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Alright, I know this is pve, but whatever. Has anyone figured out the choice ships for this ultimate frontier operation? I tried kaga, but I'm bad at cvs and it spawns with the cruisers and DDs which means you have to make a dash to the atoll to really get to work with the planes. I tried DoY, but discovered that 30s and slow turret traverse don't work well with the number of ships that race and converge at once. I tried atlanta initially which was ok, but still ended up getting my butt handed as there wasn't enough weight in the damage overall. Tried scharn which was an improvement over the DoY, but still struggled. Also, battleships I'm finding don't work because they have a hard time moving around the map as needed.

Finally, I tried fiji. This was perhaps my more successful plays, but I still felt a large struggle with it. I haven't tried DDs yet, so might give it a whirl next, but curious how others feel would be choice ships. Maybe a helena? I don't have that ship as I already have a cleveland, but perhaps wait for that south american helena with the heal to play this operation?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TUF is a pretty hard operation. I've had consistent success in the Fiji, Scharnhorst, and KGV but more than other operations you really have to rely on your teammates being on the ball.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Believe it or not but the ranger actually works really well on TUF. I did my ranger entirely on that operation to avoid ever having to take it into a random battle.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

Alright, I know this is pve, but whatever. Has anyone figured out the choice ships for this ultimate frontier operation? I tried kaga, but I'm bad at cvs and it spawns with the cruisers and DDs which means you have to make a dash to the atoll to really get to work with the planes. I tried DoY, but discovered that 30s and slow turret traverse don't work well with the number of ships that race and converge at once. I tried atlanta initially which was ok, but still ended up getting my butt handed as there wasn't enough weight in the damage overall. Tried scharn which was an improvement over the DoY, but still struggled. Also, battleships I'm finding don't work because they have a hard time moving around the map as needed.

Finally, I tried fiji. This was perhaps my more successful plays, but I still felt a large struggle with it. I haven't tried DDs yet, so might give it a whirl next, but curious how others feel would be choice ships. Maybe a helena? I don't have that ship as I already have a cleveland, but perhaps wait for that south american helena with the heal to play this operation?

Atlanta, Helena, Abruzzi if you have it, Indianapolis isn't bad for some heavy cruiser punch. For BB, I really like the Lyon in it, I've had pretty consistent 200k games. The problem is I can't depend on my other BB to hit shots or the cruisers to not charge the bots, and the bots focus fire and have laser accuracy, so I repeatedly 3 and 4 star it. I haven't been able to hit 5 yet with a pub team. But yeah, like someone else said, you have to rely a lot more on your teammates to have some level of competency, and most don't.

Thundercakes fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 20, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

At the risk of becoming a broken record I also have amazing success in the Nelson. The super heal really comes in handy with all the HE spamming cruisers.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

At the risk of becoming a broken record I also have amazing success in the Nelson. The super heal really comes in handy with all the HE spamming cruisers.

From my BB experiences, I found the he spam to be fairly light, but the torpedo spam to be pretty heavy. This is probably because none of my teams could aim. I had a match where we lost a battleship early on because he/she decided to sail right off to the carrier and discover it has 4 destroyers on picket duty around it. And far as I could tell in my kaga match, the carrier trundles off to the north whiel the DDs stay behind, so the person should have waited.

Other than that, It is just a lack of people shooting the DDs at a proper enough range. I'm also starting to think that heal station is a pubbie trap that everyone goes to and hugs so they are left sniping some of the waves on course for the atoll.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I did not know you could freecam in battles:
https://reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/90h80j/ingame_free_camera_left_ctrl_left_shift_backspace/

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Man, the Cleveland is kicking my rear end. I’m averaging 80+k per battle and I have a 39% win rate over twenty battles. I had a 190k tier ten game loss last night. I really like the ship but having to play so risk adversely is making it impossible to carry. Is the Worcester similarly dependent on the vagaries of the matchmaker?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

From my BB experiences, I found the he spam to be fairly light, but the torpedo spam to be pretty heavy. This is probably because none of my teams could aim. I had a match where we lost a battleship early on because he/she decided to sail right off to the carrier and discover it has 4 destroyers on picket duty around it. And far as I could tell in my kaga match, the carrier trundles off to the north whiel the DDs stay behind, so the person should have waited.

Other than that, It is just a lack of people shooting the DDs at a proper enough range. I'm also starting to think that heal station is a pubbie trap that everyone goes to and hugs so they are left sniping some of the waves on course for the atoll.

the repair station is absolutely a pubbie trap

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

the repair station is absolutely a pubbie trap

I only have a New Orleans available for doing the operation and had a game where I rushed the repair station because I took a bunch of damage dealing with the first Dallas and got sniped by the first spawn group (and the northern Omaha a bit, only had 1 BB in the match.)

Once I was done repairing, I got out of the base and started going around and doing stuff. Not so much the two atlanta's on my team, one who wasn't even damaged but stuck close to there anyway, probably to help deal with the DD's that rush it. The Ranger took a few hits from the first spawn group and sat in there for a long while.

We lost the Aerodrome because most of the team was faffing around the repair base dealing with the south spawns and I was headed east since that's where the last group spawned in my previous attempt. This time that group spawned west and got close enough to the objective to snipe it.

At least 2-starring it is pretty easy and there's no 10 point captain for the 4 star :shepicide:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Karanas posted:

So are any recruiter for BOATC still active? Been a few days since I've applied to join back up and nothing's happened yet.

I pushed the button.

Also, shep, if Omar isn't going to be coming back, you need to be the one to boot him. He's now our clan's most inactive, but as he's an officer, I can't remove him.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

I only have a New Orleans available for doing the operation

:confused:

I have failed the operation 4 times in a row (KGV, ShinyHorse, Lyon, KGV again), each time I do 170-190k damage and die last or 2nd last... people just love to charge into DDs and seem to have never heard of torpedoes before.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

:confused:

I have failed the operation 4 times in a row (KGV, ShinyHorse, Lyon, KGV again), each time I do 170-190k damage and die last or 2nd last... people just love to charge into DDs and seem to have never heard of torpedoes before.

The first time, it was Omaha torps that got me. Man, I was NOT used to thinking of US CAs as being torp-carriers. Still finished it. I like Atlanta for the operation, because your rapid-fire five inch guns just rain hell on the enemy if you have IFHE loaded.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Ppl dont realize that yhose bots are better than 75% of the human pop

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

It's literally the only t7 in my port and I just got it.

I wouldn't mind an Atlanta from containers :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Le Fantasque class premium incoming!

ST, French destroyer Le Terrible, tier VIII

Hit points – 18600. Plating - 19 mm.

Main battery - 5x1 139 mm. Firing range - 11.2 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2000. Chance to cause fire – 10%. Maximum AP shell damage - 2700. Reload time - 7.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 25.7 s. Maximum dispersion - 99 м.
HE initial velocity - 840 m/s. AP initial velocity - 800 m/s. Sigma – 2.0.

Torpedo tubes - 3x3 550 mm. Maximum damage - 14833. Range - 9.0 km. Speed - 60 kt. Reload time - 90 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.3 km.

AA defense:
2x2 37.0 mm, range - 3.0 km, damage per second - 5.
1x1 37.0 mm, range - 3.0 km, damage per second - 2.
2x2 13.2 mm, range - 1.2 km, damage per second - 7.
2x1 13.2 mm, range - 1.2 km, damage per second - 5.

Maximum speed - 43 kt. Turning circle radius - 690 m. Rudder shift time – 4.3 s. Surface detectability – 9.1 km. Air detectability – 4.6 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 3.7 km.
Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Smoke Generator

Slot 3 - Engine Boost

Slot 4 - Main Gun Reload Booster

Reload Time of the Main Caliber -75%;
Duration 10 s;
Cooldown 90 s and 60 s for Main Gun Reload Booster II;
Charges 3 and 4 for Main Gun Reload Booster II;
All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Recalling this is a contre-torpilleur, ie a French Kiev

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 21, 2018

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So it's a less fun Leningrad a tier higher?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

By any reasonable standard it should be a more fun khabarovsk

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Maximum speed - 43 kt.

I wonder what kind of speed boost it's going to get.

Standard 8%, or one of the special 15%/20% french ones.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The real comedy? Le Terrible was the specific Le Fantasque-class that set the world speed record for destroyers at 45kts - it's literally like the iconic thing about that specific ship. And loving WG hasn't even given her that? Nope, better to nerf yet another high speed destroyer's actual performance to not infringe on the on the completely imaginary speed of the RU line.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Lord Koth posted:

The real comedy? Le Terrible was the specific Le Fantasque-class that set the world speed record for destroyers at 45kts - it's literally like the iconic thing about that specific ship. And loving WG hasn't even given her that? Nope, better to nerf yet another high speed destroyer's actual performance to not infringe on the on the completely imaginary speed of the RU line.

Hahaha. I mean, I would be down for them being stupid 45 knot fast without an option for speed boost in exchange for some unique gimmick.

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

Blindeye posted:

Hahaha. I mean, I would be down for them being stupid 45 knot fast without an option for speed boost in exchange for some unique gimmick.

Nah, keep the speedboost. If the tier 10 can't pull 60 knots I'll be disappointed.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I dunno, that surface detectability is amazing. You aren't going to be contesting caps. And in fact, should be running the other way from them. Sadly though, the 11km main gun range means there isn't even that much of a window between can fire and will be spotted with guns off. Torps are also 9km, so lot of very narrow windows.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JuffoWup posted:

I dunno, that surface detectability is amazing. You aren't going to be contesting caps. And in fact, should be running the other way from them. Sadly though, the 11km main gun range means there isn't even that much of a window between can fire and will be spotted with guns off. Torps are also 9km, so lot of very narrow windows.

AFT sends it out to 13.44km

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

if it's anything like the aigle that's not really going to help due to shell arcs

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Lord Koth posted:

Its funny because so many of a ships stats in WoWs are fudgable (HE shell damage? Detection?) but one of the few things that you can actually get historical data on real ships is speed. Of course WG abandon the real speed of a real ship for the paper speed of a paper ship.

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

if it's anything like the aigle that's not really going to help due to shell arcs

The shell speed listed is a lot faster than the Aigle (840/800 vs 700/700 m/s) and they also have slightly better fire chance and AP damage.

Obviously we'll have to see it in action, but it seems like it's going to have better ballistics than the Aigle at least.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Tathris posted:

The shell speed listed is a lot faster than the Aigle (840/800 vs 700/700 m/s) and they also have slightly better fire chance and AP damage.

Obviously we'll have to see it in action, but it seems like it's going to have better ballistics than the Aigle at least.

And Kiev is 870/870 with a lighter shell, 33kg v 40kg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Lord Koth posted:

WG has stated that no ship is going to have a base speed of over 43 knots, though I can't find the source. I just remember seeing it once. But yeah, I doubt this is going to get the crazy speedboost either, that'd be a bit absurd to see a ship going 55+ knots.