Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

mdemone posted:

I was running zJyn, cassian/K2, R2, and Fulcrum for the longest time in arena. Never had a decent Chaze but the others were all zetaed out.

And now of course I've moved on to other things so Chaze are sitting at g9 or something forever.

Imo take them to g12 next. It's worth it. Chaze is good in hsr, light side TB, TW, and arena still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
HSR?

My Chaze is also languishing at G10 since I've been focusing on almighty Troopers! Glory to the Emperor!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Moral_Hazard posted:

HSR?

My Chaze is also languishing at G10 since I've been focusing on almighty Troopers! Glory to the Emperor!

Heroic sith (temple) raid

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Bunk Rogers posted:

I’m new and could use some allies! Is it cool if I post a my digits?

368-933-314

Just sent you an invite. I'm Sendric in game. You should have RTJ and Veers up to borrow for the moment.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

drat it, RC. You went too far this time. You deleted all Discords this time.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

MichiganCubbie posted:

Hey:

Masakari
Daz
Wintermutant
Aleth Kiraen
mdemone
Glemdor Mccarin (I know you're out of town)
Rustybeartrap
SA Noodles
TadashiSA
Trampus

Please try to get some TW wins in, especially if you still have top teams available. We're very close and this is going to be a tight one.

Hey sorry. Pregnant wife and a small scare kept me occupied. I normally keep up, things happened.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I'm a bad player so I put all my good squads on defense in TW

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Don't worry guys, I was trying to reach people who I hadn't seen on Discord. You guys are good.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

UmOk posted:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

That's a cart before the horse post right there. :smug:

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Hey Trampus, are you around? Can you jump on discord? Thanks!

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Hello Goons! Started playing this couple days ago and really enjoying it. Dropped a bit of cash getting Start LS/DS + Vader. Looking to join a guild if any have room: 559-837-145

Also could use some allies!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mugaaz posted:

Hello Goons! Started playing this couple days ago and really enjoying it. Dropped a bit of cash getting Start LS/DS + Vader. Looking to join a guild if any have room: 559-837-145

Also could use some allies!

I don't recommend spending any more money, ESPECIALLY on any pack that has a "chance" of rewarding things, like chromiums or the 5-330 legendary packs.

Ally request sent, tell me if you want any toons on loan to try out and I'll put'em in for you.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Masakari
Doji
Wintermutant
Pyronic

Please go deploy in the TB.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

I don't recommend spending any more money, ESPECIALLY on any pack that has a "chance" of rewarding things, like chromiums or the 5-330 legendary packs.

Ally request sent, tell me if you want any toons on loan to try out and I'll put'em in for you.

Yeah, agree with all that. I don't hate gacha, but the value on most purchases in this games is lol levels of awful.

Should I be farming a Scoundrel team or a Phoenix team first?

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I took about 6 months off since getting my iPhone but I’m back now. I’m glad they made going from android to iOS easier. I wasn’t in a goon guild before but I’d like to be in one now. My # is 267-181-822.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mugaaz posted:

Yeah, agree with all that. I don't hate gacha, but the value on most purchases in this games is lol levels of awful.

Phoenix team is good to have because that's what you need to get Thrawn later on, Rebels are good to get up as well, Biggs is the most important for ship arena later on, and him and Wedge are the cornerstone of an early rebel team.

This has a bit more, with who to farm in each store etc
https://gaming-fans.com/swgoh-101/swgoh-101-which-characters-first/characters-first-tldr-character-farm-lists/

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Phoenix team is good to have because that's what you need to get Thrawn later on, Rebels are good to get up as well, Biggs is the most important for ship arena later on, and him and Wedge are the cornerstone of an early rebel team.

This has a bit more, with who to farm in each store etc
https://gaming-fans.com/swgoh-101/swgoh-101-which-characters-first/characters-first-tldr-character-farm-lists/

Kudos, thanks for the link. I know this is gonna sound dumb, but do I need to leave the newbie guild before someone can send me an invite to the Goon guild?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mugaaz posted:

Kudos, thanks for the link. I know this is gonna sound dumb, but do I need to leave the newbie guild before someone can send me an invite to the Goon guild?

I think so yeah
also caveat with phoenix don't go for sabine, she takes a long time and chopper is better for thrawn

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Ok, I left the newbie guild. Hopefully, one of the Goon guilds has room. 559-837-145

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Shampy posted:

I took about 6 months off since getting my iPhone but I’m back now. I’m glad they made going from android to iOS easier. I wasn’t in a goon guild before but I’d like to be in one now. My # is 267-181-822.

How much time did you put in before taking time off? It may be better to restart, since you'll have a real hard time catching up in arena and fleet.

Also, as an aside, if you do restart, set your phone's time zone to some barely used zone before you restart so that you can get better arena chances.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mugaaz posted:

Get your 3 scoundrels (lando/sth/boba fett) in order while you're working on phoenix.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mugaaz posted:

Ok, I left the newbie guild. Hopefully, one of the Goon guilds has room. 559-837-145

Shampy posted:

Get in the discord, and @treboucher in the recruitment channel for an invite to QGJ

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 20, 2018

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MichiganCubbie posted:

How much time did you put in before taking time off? It may be better to restart, since you'll have a real hard time catching up in arena and fleet.

Also, as an aside, if you do restart, set your phone's time zone to some barely used zone before you restart so that you can get better arena chances.

Way too much time to be honest. I’m level 85 and I have 3 85 teams that I cycle through for GW and like 44 level 85 toons overall.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shampy posted:

Way too much time to be honest. I’m level 85 and I have 3 85 teams that I cycle through for GW and like 44 level 85 toons overall.

Yeah, you've got zetas and poo poo, you don't need to restart.

If you unlocked Bastilla, I highly recommend just going all in on Jedi for now. Bastilla/Old Ben/Ezra/GMY +1 Hermit yoda would be best, but you deffo don't have him rn.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, you've got zetas and poo poo, you don't need to restart.

If you unlocked Bastilla, I highly recommend just going all in on Jedi for now. Bastilla/Old Ben/Ezra/GMY +1 Hermit yoda would be best, but you deffo don't have him rn.

Is Bastilla one of those characters one can have a 4*, but G12 and be viable since she's currently not farmable?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Moral_Hazard posted:

Is Bastilla one of those characters one can have a 4*, but G12 and be viable since she's currently not farmable?

I got my rear end handed to me by a 3* Bastilla lead Jedi team the other day. This was around rank 55. It was a humbling experience.

I then beat that same team again later in the day handily, so it feels like there's a lot of RNG going on there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Moral_Hazard posted:

4* G11, yeah.

It counters the EZPZ poo poo handily.

thrawn527 posted:

I got my rear end handed to me by a 3* Bastilla lead Jedi team the other day. This was around rank 55. It was a humbling experience.

I then beat that same team again later in the day handily, so it feels like there's a lot of RNG going on there.

The Bastilla poo poo is easiest beaten by killing ezra quickly.

But Bastilla/OB/ezra/GMY/GK would be legit stupid to have to break through.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 20, 2018

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Cool. Ben is G12, and is zeta'd but the rest have some gearing to do. Good thing I have 3 zetas saved up. I'm guessing Bastilla's leader ability should be Zeta'd. I'm guessing Ezra's zeta is also important. Which zeta of the Yoday bros makes the most sense?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

just to get it on record here as well QGJ is currently full and I’ve got a waitlist running in the alproproate discord channel.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Moral_Hazard posted:

Cool. Ben is G12, and is zeta'd but the rest have some gearing to do. Good thing I have 3 zetas saved up. I'm guessing Bastilla's leader ability should be Zeta'd. I'm guessing Ezra's zeta is also important. Which zeta of the Yoday bros makes the most sense?

Battle meditation from Yoda; the zeta makes it easy to keep Bastila’s lead working.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

4* G11, yeah.

It counters the EZPZ poo poo handily.

The Bastilla poo poo is easiest beaten by killing ezra quickly.

But Bastilla/OB/ezra/GMY/GK would be legit stupid to have to break through.

That's what I'm aiming at now that Nightsisters are arena-class. Long-term replace OB with HY after SM unlocks him?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I'd actually slot out GK for HY and then keep GK for another D squad or use him on O (in my case, with Rex and Wampa on EzPz duty)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Should those of us on the fence regarding arena teams swap to Bastila/GK/OB/Ezra/GMY?

I need a change of pace in this game, been playing CLS/RHan/GK/Thrawn/R2D2 for far too long. I never swapped to nightmare as i figured it would be a fad and/or didn't realise how long an arena meta lasts. I was still part of the playerbase that used newbie setups when EP/DV got their reworks, e.g phoenix, wiggs, etc.

I suppose i could swap to nightmare, seeing how i have all of them at 7 (Sion at 6) but it seems kinda silly to swap to an old meta at this point?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Moral_Hazard posted:

GMY's non-leader, and HY's heal zeta.

mdemone posted:

That's what I'm aiming at now that Nightsisters are arena-class. Long-term replace OB with HY after SM unlocks him?

Actually replace GK. Old Ben is loving great in that setup

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
FWIW, sith will probably last longer than usual because a lot of people will be getting Traya soon, and she ratchets that meta up a notch in the same way Sion did where Sith Trooper and Vader became less attractive options.

Nihilus, Sion and Traya will be meta for a while yet. For someone actively working at unlocking her, it's still the meta to work on.

That said, for now, especially outside the top 50 of most older shards, there are a lot of viable teams out there still. Rex/Wampa still put in work. I see dudes running JTR and NS still. Bastila is cropping up here and there. If you're not at the bleeding edge of your shard meta, there's a couple perfectly valid options.

Just don't slack on your Sion/DN if you think Traya can be a thing for you in the future.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Should those of us on the fence regarding arena teams swap to Bastila/GK/OB/Ezra/GMY?

I need a change of pace in this game, been playing CLS/RHan/GK/Thrawn/R2D2 for far too long. I never swapped to nightmare as i figured it would be a fad and/or didn't realise how long an arena meta lasts. I was still part of the playerbase that used newbie setups when EP/DV got their reworks, e.g phoenix, wiggs, etc.

I suppose i could swap to nightmare, seeing how i have all of them at 7 (Sion at 6) but it seems kinda silly to swap to an old meta at this point?

EP/triumvirate is still the dominant squad in Arena and Traya leader beats Bastilla.

But yeah, Bastilla just gently caress stomps EZPZ with or without traya, so she good. If your shard doesn't have a lot of traya leads you'll tuck right in.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Cool, thanks

My shard has little to no Trayas.
Personally i have zero shards of her.

I have no shards of Wampa or HY either though... (well like 5 of each)
Is HY part of the Bastila meta?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Ineptitude posted:

Cool, thanks

hyoda is really good for jedi arena teams and the sith temple raid, personally I havent been able to keep from immediately spending all my territory battle currency on items yet so Im nowhere close to hyoda or wampa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Cool, thanks

He's a flex, but a strong one. Jolee Bindo might be okay in his role, but double-tank has always been a strong contender in arena.