Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That gaslighting was so crazy, it must be crazy! SHE must be crazy!

a real post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

My [24M] Girlfriend [23F] has the weirdest hobbies in existence, and they make me kinda uncomfortable.

this dude is the biggest weenie alive, also I wanna date that girl she sounds really awesome

"She likes to sleep in a big bed, what a freak!"

Dude, you don't need to work this hard to make up a reason to break up. Just break up.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I'm casting my vote for the whole thing is just a made up story. HOT TAKES ITT

Also, roadkill and poisonous plants lady sounds rad, she should dump her boring stick in the mud boyfriend and find someone who's into, like, huge sofas and 12th century manuscripts and keeps reptiles

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Anne Whateley posted:

obviously there's a lot going on in the engagement story but l m a o at this part, don't miss it

"I proposed so now we can gently caress, right? Let's just go upstairs and let my family sit downstairs knowing exactly what we're doing, it won't be awkward at all"

I like how he wanted to learn to cook on like the night of the proposal as opposed to the 6 years before then.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

A big flaming stink posted:

ANYWAY

Me [23F] with my coach's fiancé [29F], she confronted me, I had a panic attack & now it's hard for me to go to practice

christ there's a certain type of person that just can't ever let things loving lie the way they are. Oh gee this person isn't accepting my apology TIME TO loving BURN MY LIFE DOWN AND KILL MYSELF

the name for that type of person is "borderline"

i started hating the op for misusing the term "literally" but i really grew to dislike her when she basically is saying she can continually do stupid poo poo and if anyone refuses to coddle her after she freaks out they told her not to do stupid poo poo she melts down even more

it's hard to articulate but the OP is bringing to mind some people from my past, there's a very specific "persona" it evokes and i strongly dislike that persona

My [24M] Girlfriend [23F] has the weirdest hobbies in existence, and they make me kinda uncomfortable.

this dude is the biggest weenie alive, also I wanna date that girl she sounds really awesome

goth ms frizzle is awesome and im glad to hear my twitter crush will soon be single :3:

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pick posted:

That gaslighting was so crazy, it must be crazy! SHE must be crazy!

a real post

Didn't you post about how domestic abuse and gaslighting is, in your opinion, good because it shows you really care

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Congratulations, your girlfriend is a witch.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Yeah that really sounds like a summary of some anime with a witch girl

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ArbitraryC posted:

I like how he wanted to learn to cook on like the night of the proposal as opposed to the 6 years before then.
Yeah, he jumped into the deep end without even trying to learn how to swim.

A better idea would be to cook a dinner with his GF. My local supermarkets are now selling meal kits to push back against Blue Apron. Go with the GF to pick one out, help make the meal, propose at end of dinner but before cleaning up, then clean up while she calls all her friends.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Keeping poisonous plants is cool, some of them look pretty. I'm filing this under witch-girl anime though. Or maybe this is some Stardew Valley fanfiction.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Me [23F] with my coach's fiancé [29F], she confronted me, I had a panic attack & now it's hard for me to go to practice

Let me guess, the sport is quidditch?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

this guy needs to dump his girlfriend so I can date her and cherish her and love her

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

houstonguy posted:

Let me guess, the sport is quidditch?

I'm thinking roller derby - all the legitimacy of quidditch with 20x the drama.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This entire thing reads like fanfic about me and now I’m loving creeped out

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

That was my go-to assumption too

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Pick posted:

This entire thing reads like fanfic about me and now I’m loving creeped out

Read to the end. He says she's beautiful with a great sense of humor.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Read to the end. He says she's beautiful with a great sense of humor.

She sounds like a total doofus. :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I’m not that unique, there are a lot of women like that around, I’m just one of em

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

No kidding. The only thing even slightly offputting is the stopping to pick up roadkill, and that could be solved by a 2 minute "hey can we not pick up random dead raccoons when I'm around?" conversation. Everything else sounds rad af.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
the poster deleted the text of the post, but the title remains

My girlfriend [25F] of eight months and I [28M] were planning a threesome, and she suggested her little brother [22M] as the third partner? I thought she was joking, but then it became clear she wasn’t

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Blade Runner posted:

I read the part with the screwdriver and the hinges being in his drawer, which is definitely the most damning part of it, but

I don't understand why she just assumed out of nowhere that he had a camera set up, or why, even if he did, he'd come in three hours later, over lunch, after it went off, instead of leaving right after the power went out

And again, this means that he not only had a camera with an external power source, it also had an external internet connection, since presumably turning off the power would shut off the modern

You sound like a dense city boy. Out in the country, ya got more land than people and even less wifi. Sometimes that land has valuable poo poo on it, poo poo you wanna keep an eye on.

That's why ya got trailcams. When they detect motion, they take a photo and send it to your phone via cellular network. Some trailcams even offer data plans so that you can watch live video feeds/have the cam take a 30 second video and transmit.

Batteries last a helluva long time on 'em, and they're completely disconnected from the grid.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Yawgmoth posted:

No kidding. The only thing even slightly offputting is the stopping to pick up roadkill, and that could be solved by a 2 minute "hey can we not pick up random dead raccoons when I'm around?" conversation. Everything else sounds rad af.

He specifically said she didn't stop to pick up roadkill while he was around. He's just the squarest motherfucker possible.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Have you ever been to a roller derby match? It's a fast paced, tough, physically demanding sport that's entertaining to watch.

There may be a little more drama, but that's because it's an actual thing people do. "Quidditch" is just sad.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Leatherworking and Herbalism is a slightly odd profession combo but whatever works.

Also imo crazy booby trap boyfriend wasn't trying to kill her, just make her feel helpless and dependent. Lmao that even after the update that completely vindicated her fears someone still decided that she's the crazy one.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I want to date witch GF. She should dump him.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Beachcomber posted:

Have you ever been to a roller derby match? It's a fast paced, tough, physically demanding sport that's entertaining to watch.

There may be a little more drama, but that's because it's an actual thing people do. "Quidditch" is just sad.

I have, I had an ex that played. I was joking, I know it's an actual demanding sport, although they kept implementing rule changes to make it increasingly less fun to watch. The drama though. My lord, the drama.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
OPs comments:

quote:

Maybe I've been thinking about this wrong this whole time... I really do love her, I've never met a girl like her or who's got so many ideas and interests as her. Is there any way I can make myself "stronger" to stop being so grossed out by dead things?

quote:

I dunno man, it's just... she barely mentioned any of it and when I went over to her house (which was nearly a two hour drive away because she lives in rural country area) it's just kinda a shock to someone who lives in the suburbs to see all this stuff. I thought for sure half of her plants would be illegal, but apparently they're not, and the dead things just kinda... make me really nervous. Like if you went to someone's house, and found out they were skinning corpses and fleshing them and then leaving the remains to rot so you could harvest the bones, I just don't feel comfortable with that and I doubt most people would be.

quote:

When you phrase it like that I feel really stupid now. I guess it was mostly a shock cause I've never seen such a huge bed in my entire life. She said it was some specific kind of King sized bed(?) and I've never seen anyone especially in the South have such a fluffed up bed before.

quote:

She IS really cool. One of the coolest girlfriends I've ever had, but I think she might be too far on the cool scale for me if it starts tipping into butchering animal carcasses.

No offense but I would probably get sick if I had to skin an animal. It's just something I find disgusting.

quote:

I don't want someone like that, but the whole poisonous plants and cleaning rotting corpses thing is weird to me! Is that really something desirable in a partner? God I don't even know anymore.

quote:

After I told my friends about her poisonous plant collection they were all freaking out because they're worried about what could happen if a kid or a dog got into her plants? Or what if someone stole some of it and tried to poison someone with one of them?

And the dead things is scary, man. I don't like the hollow eyes or the creepy smiles of skulls and it's not pleasant to see a bunch of bones when you walk into someone's house.

this is the squarest most tremulous motherfucker I have ever encountered. I bet he says "golly!" when something shocks him

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Fat camp kid update...

I [15 M] didn't stay at a fat camp and my parents [39 F 43 M] haven't spoken to me since I got back

quote:

I am 15 and very fat but I am good with it. My parents wanted to send me to a fat camp for the summer and they did but i didn't want to join them with activitys so the camp sent me home so I could be a home for the summer. i have been at home for a few weeks since I got back in June and my parents have been very overly sad at me to the point that its making me depressed.

they are almost completely ignoring me. they do not talk to me unless i speak first. they haven't started one conversation with me since i got home we only speak if I start it of and even then it will be basically as short of a conversation as possible. they were very obsessed with the idea of me losing weight despite me always being big and i knew theyd be upset when i didn't want to do it but the way they are acting is ridiculous and has gone on for way too long.

a few days ago was my birthday. i woke up to a book from my favorite author I really love and a card on my door which was the perfect gift for me and which i was happy with but they just left the house all day to go out together. i called them up myself in the afternoon and they basically said a very fake happy sounding happy birthday and said they had to go since they were driving. they got back late at night and didn't do anything else, not even coming to me to say happy birthday in person until I came to them. i don't care about presents or cake or anything but my mom is usually very excited about celebating other peoples birthdays and she just completely ignored it. i just hung out with friends the whole day and saw a movie but it was really depressing since they basically went away from me. we always go for pizza or eat a nice meal at home on birthdays and we didnt even have dinner together.

They specifically leave the house often and try to get away from me all the time. When I talk to them they are never available to talk and they were always very available and i get the feeling that they don't want to be around me at all because i didn't want to lose weight. yesterday my mom asked me dad for help in the garden pulling weeds with her and i heard and i offered to help so i had a excuse to talk and she said nevermind and went to her room. they stopped eating family dinners together. we used to do it every night and they just stopped, foods on the table and they eat by themselves.

there being very passive aggressive over this and its been like this for three weeks and isn't getting any better. I understand we disagree on something but this makes me feel terrible and i think like they are acting miserable around me just to hurt me. its not them because i can hear them getting along when im not around, it's them against me. I just want them to stop, if they want to be angry thats fine but they dont need to completely ignore me.

TL;DR: My mom and stepdad stopped basically talking to me completely since i got home and didn't finish fat camp. they kinda ignored my birthday and we havent spent anytime together. i'm very bummed out.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

OPs comments:

this is the squarest most tremulous motherfucker I have ever encountered. I bet he says "golly!" when something shocks him

witch girl needs to shack up with eagle man

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Dudes legit hate interesting women. We have a hard time.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

OPs comments:

I understand the animal thing but what's with being afraid of her plants? Has this guy ever been in the woods? Does he envision a forest as an endless salad bar?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

JaneError posted:

Fat camp kid update...

I [15 M] didn't stay at a fat camp and my parents [39 F 43 M] haven't spoken to me since I got back

Hahahahaha

quote:

toenogo
All I want is to get along better with my parents.

devnerdy
Then lose some weight
Hahahahaha

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 20, 2018

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

JaneError posted:

Fat camp kid update...

I was I was as passionate about something at this kid is at staying fat.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

christ there's a certain type of person that just can't ever let things loving lie the way they are. Oh gee this person isn't accepting my apology TIME TO loving BURN MY LIFE DOWN AND KILL MYSELF

I can't stand conflict, so I brought a monster-sized rubber cock to a place where children congregate.

She is definitely, 100% going to poison him, then render his fat for making candles, his skin for sewing, and his bones for jewelry, BUT, she sounds pretty cool, and he should just go with it.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

What is the point of spoiler tagging ages when they aren't even noteworthy or shocking. An 18 year old and 19 year old dating for six years oh my

2 pages ago but seriously, trying to tap on a single character spoiler on a smaller phone is a pain in the rear end. At least spoiler the brackets and the word 'years' or something.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
"my parents have internalized their utter failure and are silently coming to terms with my inevitable early death, why are they acting sad y'all????????????"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

She is definitely, 100% going to poison him, then render his fat for making candles, his skin for sewing, and his bones for jewelry, BUT, she sounds pretty cool, and he should just go with it.

It'll be the most interesting/useful he's ever been.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

JaneError posted:

Fat camp kid update...

Yeah sure kid. They're doing it to make you miserable. I'm sure it's not them wanting to establish boundaries and stop enabling you because they're loving miserable watching you destroy yourself with food every day.

megallica
Nov 4, 2008

Oh god, my brain is full of BEES!!
It seems like dude with the cool gf wants reddit to advise him on how to chastise her in a way that doesn't make him look like a lame douche weenie. But is too much of a lame weenie. I hope she dumps his rear end as soon as he sheepishly complains about her sweet comfy bed to her face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JaneError posted:

Fat camp kid update...

haha this is how people treat addicts once they've written the addict off as unsalvagable

poor kid but maybe he should be less stubborn about staying fat