Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

COMRADES posted:

lol communism is inevitable

Well have communism, but the kind that happens in practice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
https://www.newsweek.com/luxury-brands-prefer-burn-millions-dollars-worth-clothes-over-letting-wrong-1032088

Speaking of the soullessness of equating brand awareness with anything of value, nothing proves the superiority of capitalism better than literally burning new condition clothing because you can't stand the thought that your logo might be on a poor person.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Corporations taking out death insurance on their employees

also

Corporations discouraging their employees from using health care benefits.

:thunk:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
OREOS AT NUMBER loving FIVE?!?!?!?

I mean, I find most of that list baffling but Oreos especially, wtf.

Salt the Earth.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

kuddles posted:

Speaking of the soullessness of equating brand awareness with anything of value, nothing proves the superiority of capitalism better than literally burning new condition clothing because you can't stand the thought that your logo might be on a poor person.

quote:

Burberry said that the destruction was an industrywide practice and that it used incinerators that harness energy. It added that it took the issue of waste “extremely seriously,”

Retail giant H&M said it burned unwanted stock to power the Swedish city of Vasteras.

we're helping the environment u see

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Outrail posted:

I'm going to say something deeply unpopular and suggest that maybe giving profit driven corporations the ability to benefit from the deaths of easily replaceable staff might not be a great idea.

It's actually not a problem because the insurance companies are also profit driven corporations, so they will fight just as ruthlessly to destroy anyone who tries to rip them off with an employee murder insurance scam.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

qkkl posted:

It's actually not a problem because the insurance companies are also profit driven corporations, so they will fight just as ruthlessly to destroy anyone who tries to rip them off with an employee murder insurance scam.

The free market works! :toot:

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

We are getting so close to corporations being able to sue their own employees for shareholders' profit loss. But if you are going to make the punishment capital it'd be more viable to recoup by selling their organs, since insurance companies are going catch on pretty quick.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

Sentinel Red posted:

Salt the Earth.

:hmmyes:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

qkkl posted:

Ah, so this is how the man on the street feels during every superhero smash up.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

I'm the Ralph Wiggum doll who looks he's seen some poo poo and is also hopelessly out of place

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf

Tetracube posted:

lmao at google+ being anywhere near that high

this survey was blatantly done by google employees

"instagram and pinterest" can be rearranged to spell "grand penis antimatters" :frogsiren:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

howd he get those pants on

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Clawtopsy posted:

thats an artists interpretation of sweden leading finland out of the dark ages

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Sentinel Red posted:

OREOS AT NUMBER loving FIVE?!?!?!?

I mean, I find most of that list baffling but Oreos especially, wtf.

Salt the Earth.

Clearly you're not as down with the kids and in touch with teens as Google if you don't know how lit and swag it is to snapchat yourself dabbing an Oreo

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

redgubbinz posted:

This is some timecube poo poo right here.

Is...is Pepsi actually ok, though?

The entire PDF shows that Pepsi is very ok, thank you:

https://www.goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1020312392100544512

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Let's be honest here, Oreos are loving good.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

unless the baby is gay

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

^^ lol

Tetracube posted:

Maybe they're counting gmail as google+? only thing I can think of that isn't straight up lies

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

My roommate got fired from his job, found out he didn't qualify for unemployment and started doing postmates (food delivery on foot from restaurants that don't deliver normally via an app), it costs him 7.50 in bus fare round trip and he gets paid 4.00+ per delivery but if he makes 55 deliveries in the first 16 days he gets a 500 dollar bonus. Thing is he ran out of phone data and his low speed connection is too slow to use the app, his plan was to pay for more data with the postmates money but that's not coming in for a few more weeks so he's going to get money for the phone data by selling plasma. He's too proud to borrow money to pay for that phone data so that plasma will be put into a rich person so his blood will usher in an age of oligarch Methuselahs.

china bot posted:

unless the baby is gay

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

What good is a job at a fast-food restaurant in 14 years when the world is 90% nuclear wasteland?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Clawtopsy posted:

How does he reach those back pockets?

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

A light year isn't a measurement of speed, gently caress you Pepsi!!!

Also these look like the wall scribblings in an insane person's cell.

Catpain Slack posted:

What good is a job at a fast-food restaurant in 14 years when the world is 90% nuclear wasteland?

Much like Twinkies, Chic-Fil-A food products can survive a nuclear holocaust.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

tmm3k posted:

A light year isn't a measurement of speed, gently caress you Pepsi!!!

Also these look like the wall scribblings in an insane person's cell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmCh_0AsEyk&t=27s

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Digging the o-faces on page 23

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Seen outside an Apple store after Steve Jobs died:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

china bot posted:

unless the baby is gay

pretty much everyone who works at my local chick-fil-a is gay. maybe its some form of protest?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Mizuti posted:

Seen outside an Apple store after Steve Jobs died:

Idk gotta give benefit of doubt that it was tears of happiness

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Tetracube posted:

I'm the "total" column at the bottom of a list of percentages presented by a company who's every product is maths based.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I'm pretty sure that marketing PDF is just a way for marketers to rip off other marketers by selling positive survey results of brand names (increasing brand awareness is what it's probably billed as) and packaging it up as the cool inside scoop on kids these days

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

I'm the "total" column at the bottom of a list of percentages presented by a company who's every product is maths based.

Lmao

I didn't see that and it is indeed dumb as poo poo

client
Aug 19, 2010

we regret to inform you that the chick fil a baby is a racist

quote:

“The hospital had me sign the birth certificate as the attending physician,” says Robert. “I think it’s pretty ironic that a proud conservative, Christian family would have a baby in a Chick-Fil-A, and wrapped in a Trump 2020 T-shirt!”

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/life/empowerment/2018/07/20/woman-has-baby-chick-fil-wrapped-trump-2020-shirt/805760002/

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

will be ironic when all the chick-fil-a babies inevitably bankrupt the company

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Good thing she wasn't born in an Apple store, otherwise she would have belonged to Apple

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Whooping Crabs posted:

Good thing she wasn't born in an Apple store, otherwise she would have belonged to Apple

Children of the Applecorn

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Company made 5 billion last year and all I got was a candy bar.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bonzo posted:

Take it down from the inside.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

I'm the thousands of dollars of consumer garbage meticulously arranged around the outright refusal to pay an electrician $150 to wire in the loving light.

kuddles posted:

https://www.newsweek.com/luxury-brands-prefer-burn-millions-dollars-worth-clothes-over-letting-wrong-1032088

This post coupled with that bike tour through a shanty town one really brings home how well Steinbeck really nailed the idea of America in his books. Nothing's changed.

Bonzo posted:

worked for a factory where one Christmas the workers got expired coupons for a work clothes store and the next year they got tool boxes...gimmicky cardboard fold-together toolboxes like you'd give a 5 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006

Bonzo posted:

Don't worry, thanks to a Comcast system glitch you'll owe $347 on that candy bar in a year.