Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

RoboJoe posted:

Oh, all bosses includes the dlc too? I didn’t know that, that’s awesome!

yeah, there was a whole "thing" where between submissions and the marathon some DLC came out and the runner wanted to have their time extended and then drama

there's probably a pastebin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Sayvi destroyed the dancer there, that owned

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Speedrunners making me feel inadequate about games I enjoy, as usual

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I just remembered my twitch prime sub comes back to me in 2 or 3 days so I can use that on the stream, woo!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Garrand posted:

Speedrunners making me feel inadequate about games I enjoy, as usual

Just convince yourself they're cheating and it takes no skill because they don't do it the long way you're familiar with.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SeXReX posted:

Just convince yourself they're cheating and it takes no skill because they don't do it the long way you're familiar with.

:hmmyes:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I like how, since all the sound is coming out of sayvi's side, the oceiros boss fight for fudgecow was just backed with a hammer on an anvil and menu sounds

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I will be missing most of today celebrating my birthday with friends, so please get extra comfy in my absence and enjoy the first day of speedtimes.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

SeXReX posted:

yeah, there was a whole "thing" where between submissions and the marathon some DLC came out and the runner wanted to have their time extended and then drama

there's probably a pastebin

The thing was he submitted including the unreleased DLC and time allotted for it and whoever approved his run didn't realize or forgot to come back to him and clarify that wasn't doable, so he practiced for months on a DLC run before someone at GDQ realized and said 'oops you can't run this btw' and he got annoyed about it and decided he didn't want to run it after all since he hadn't practiced non-DLC. Which was a bit childish since he could easily have mastered the non-DLC version again near-perfect before GDQ even with only a month and change of practice or however long it was.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Pants Donkey posted:

I will be missing most of today celebrating my birthday with friends, so please get extra comfy in my absence and enjoy the first day of speedtimes.

Happy birthday speedfriend! :glomp: have an awesome day :)

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Pants Donkey posted:

Happy birthday! :toot:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Props to fudge for showing off that damned fight. I died like a million times to him. I'm pretty certain I had more difficulty with him than any individual actual boss

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I was not expecting the third phase to this fight when I played through

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Vapor Moon posted:

I was not expecting the third phase to this fight when I played through

or the second phase on this drat fight

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Oh my god that heartstopper fudge, don't do that to me

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Not that far apart now, also I've never seen this skip in an actual run before just another runner practicing it so I'm excited.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Donations up to $50,000 are being matched by an anonymous donor, that's awesome!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Fudge with the comeback lead!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Fudge caught up really well considering how far behind he was due to the abyss watchers, that’s amazing

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

parabolic posted:

Donations up to $50,000 are being matched by an anonymous donor, that's awesome!

Worth quoting.

And no ESA donation amounts have not rivaled (or probably will) with GDQ and it's kinda pointless to expect that, unless something really strange will happen this year. But I guess every little bit helps like people said earlier.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

man i fell so behind on souls-types of games. i never played this, i never played nioh, i never played the surge

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Swapping leads a lot here, hah

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

this is a really good race

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

also hi there speedfriends, i probably won't be paying too heavy attention today because splatfast + i bought octopath traveller yesterday

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Being 3 seconds apart this far into the race is crazy.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeBradley90/status/1020695968348626944?s=19

Oh my god

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Brother Entropy posted:

man i fell so behind on souls-types of games. i never played this, i never played nioh, i never played the surge

Nioh is an utterly fantastic game, I love it so much. It was my favourite game of 2017 even though 2017 had so many amazing games!

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Brother Entropy posted:

also hi there speedfriends, i probably won't be paying too heavy attention today because splatfast + i bought octopath traveller yesterday

Have fun in the race war!

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFDlCbcPPFE&hd=1

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
well my internet chose a pretty bad time to die

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

parabolic posted:

Have fun in the race war!

i still don't know what side i'm gonna pick :ohdear:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Man they destroyed that final dlc boss, that was awesome. That boss is so great as well, I love how his cape attacks too and the music owns

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Looks like Sayvi is already doing plenty killing of that firekeeper

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

OH NO FUDGE

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

You fudged up

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/GeorgeBradley90/status/1020379847670075393

THis tweet

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i think my internet is working again did i miss anything

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Hahhaa, sayvi accidentally linking the bonfires

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Awesome race, and Sayvi's positive energy is very fun. Well done to Fudge as well that was crazy close.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The main room looks pretty small compared to last year they were at Vxj indoor sports arena. I think they're at a hotel now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

parabolic posted:

Awesome race, and Sayvi's positive energy is very fun. Well done to Fudge as well that was crazy close.

:yeah:
That was a great race. Fudge did incredibly well catching up from being 7-8 minutes behind. Sayvi is fun and had a solid run too!

• Locked thread