Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I was ratting in a Caracal in Providence when the CEO of Agony Unleashed landed on grid. I didn't realize pods aligned quickly, and worried I would get bubbled by the Vagabond and lose my learning implants. I panicked and ejected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

DrHammond posted:

I salvage thrashered my way to a belt rating hurricane, and belt ratted my way to a meta-4 arty mael to run anoms in. Goddamn that poo poo was expensive.

It was shitfit and I wasnt anywhere close to having the skills to fly it well.

5 minutes into my first anom, Sniggwaffe showed up in local causing me some consternation. They declared they were there on a diplomatic mission to blue test. "Sweet, a diplomatic mission, I'm fine!" I thought.

And that's the story of my very first hilariously bad km. Get back into that Hurricane!

I loved killing people like you in videogames.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Why stop?

I'm still pretty bad, just with more skillpoints and isk.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Nice bro

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Hey ascee guy who likes goons with spoons

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol nice try guys
https://www.eveonline.com/article/pc7wc9/ualx-3-fleet-fights-misfiling-of-stuck-tickets

quote:

Over the course of the last twelve hours, we've been made aware of instructions being broadcast by the leaders of several alliances to file "Stuck" support tickets in order to have their capitals, supercarriers and titans moved out of the system of "UALX-3" by the GM Team.

This comes after a node death occured at around 09:00 UTC on July 19th, during a large scale engagement over an anchoring Keepstar, which resulted in the attacking forces being sieged in the system.

Our policies are clear when dealing with large-scale player engagements, and the GM Team will not intervene and move capitals, supercarriers or titans for pilots involved in these kinds of fleet fights, as per our Reimbursement Policy:

"Any losses of any kind resulting from a large-scale player engagement are not covered by this reimbursement policy."

Furthermore, it is not possible for us under any circumstance to move ships sporting their own Jump Drive. This is clarified in our "Inaccessible Assets And Returning Players" article:

"Ships sporting their own jump drive are assumed to be capable of jumping themselves out quickly without the usage of a gate and no exception or move will be granted to these ships."

Please be aware that the GM Team will not grant relocation of ships involved in large-scale player engagements, and that attempts at co-oridinated mass filing support tickets in order to avoid the destruction of ships involved in engagements of this nature may be considered abuse of the support ticket system.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I mean, CCP's hardware is rear end, so why not.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Countdown to "Lol guys it was a troll to TEST and goons and you fell for it lololol puppetmasta"

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I wouldn't be surprised if some dumbass new GM was moving people, they break their policies all the time.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if some dumbass new GM was moving people, they break their policies all the time.

I hear GMs ferry goods through highsec unimpeded on the regular

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Micromancer posted:

I hear GMs ferry goods through highsec unimpeded on the regular

they don't need to, the majority of the haulerbase already does

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

its kind of hilarious that the unbridled rage you could get on eve-o from highsec pubbies five years ago by ganking their hulk you can now get from highsec pubbies by not getting your jf ganked

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

evilweasel posted:

its kind of hilarious that the unbridled rage you could get on eve-o from highsec pubbies five years ago by ganking their hulk you can now get from highsec pubbies by not getting your jf ganked

someone has problems identifying tones

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

So I last played this game in late 2013. I only played for a few months (have 2 5.5m ish sp characters, one combat, one industrial), and my brother wants to get back into this game. I read a bit about plex changes and skill injectors and poo poo, what else is new? Also is the 1.5b in assets that my combat char had in Deklein stuck or is there a way to get it out? I have another 6b on my industrial/market char so it's not like I'm lost without it.

Should I even come back and play this game?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

So I last played this game in late 2013. I only played for a few months (have 2 5.5m ish sp characters, one combat, one industrial), and my brother wants to get back into this game. I read a bit about plex changes and skill injectors and poo poo, what else is new? Also is the 1.5b in assets that my combat char had in Deklein stuck or is there a way to get it out? I have another 6b on my industrial/market char so it's not like I'm lost without it.

Earlier this year, CCP converted all the old outposts and conquerable stations into the new Upwell structures. A feature of these is that you can trigger Asset Safety at any time, and after three weeks, your trash will get teleported to the nearest lowsec system. You can then pay 15% of its value to retrieve your stuff. More than likely, your stuff is already waiting in lowsec, because a large portion of the converted outposts were unanchored and scooped (for resale) or destroyed. If not, then it's easy to do, just go into Assets, right click on a station, and Move All Items To Asset Safety.

If you like fleets and can fly a megathron or logistics, we have lots of things to do up north. If you like to rat or mine (no, i'm not kidding about mining) we gotcha covered too, though you'll need to head down to Delve for that.

In terms of what's new, mostly it's the new Upwell structures. Think outposts, except they have three different sizes, different kinds have different bonuses and services, the biggest one can dock supercapital ships, and there's no limit to the number of them you can drop in a system. We have five figures of them in Delve alone. Also, there's Jump Fatigue now (even for using jump bridges.) They replaced the Dominion sov system with some utter trash.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That's being rude to trash. Trash can be useful.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Like holy poo poo no one even cares about the TCU anymore because all it does is put your flag on the map.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

CainFortea posted:

Like holy poo poo no one even cares about the TCU anymore because all it does is put your flag on the map.

Hey now, the +2 ADM to your capital system that it confers is super useful. :jerkbag:

Here's a hot take for CCP: how to make the TCU useful. Add an ihub upgrade that requires sov 5 and can only be installed in your capital system: Jump Cocaine or some poo poo. Any jump by a person in the TCU's alliance that is leaving the upgraded system accrues no jump fatigue.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Or if your going to throw a poo poo fit about tantrum radius, any jump back to the system adds no fatigue, since you know, they're now done.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

The game is fundamentally the same, so I bet you will probably like it initially like you did before and then stop playing it for the same reasons you did before.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yes: if there is a reason you want to play, other than "it was fun when i played last"*

no: if you're nostalgic

*as long as the reason doesn't involve having fun

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

CainFortea posted:

I can't understand why they didn't tie the structure anchoring timer to the TCU instead to make it relevant.

Though possibly reason is that TCUs are gonna be downgraded from a FozzieSov structure to a normal structure and be one of the "propoganda" objects. Which would make sense, then FozzieSov will be just about the iHub.

Also, the people asking for FozzieSov to be replaced by a pure HP-Damage type mechanic don't know what they're asking for. It'd basically be Dominion sov all over again but with Citadels (lots) instead of stations (one). Dominion was terrible for the game as a whole, though it might have been more fun to fight over than what we have now.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Klyith posted:

though it might have been more fun to fight over than what we have now.

Kind of the point tho isn't it?

We can't just go right back to Dominion sov, POS are going away and super proliferation has killed any chance of a direct reversal.

But an updated version could be non-lovely.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Holy poo poo Scooter just pulled about $300 USD (~30 bil isk) worth of stuff off some GOTG krab.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Holy poo poo Scooter just pulled about $300 USD (~30 bil isk) worth of stuff off some GOTG krab.

Also known as a Tuesday.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Carth Dookie posted:

Also known as a Tuesday.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Carth Dookie posted:

Also known as a Tuesday.

This isn't even a titan or space court or infiltrating a shitbag Corp to safari it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

30 bil isn't even that much, some people in code consistently pull that a week with low effort

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

CainFortea posted:

We can't just go right back to Dominion sov, POS are going away and super proliferation has killed any chance of a direct reversal.

But an updated version could be non-lovely.

Dominion sov was the flowchart one, not the one that tallied POSes. Updated POS sov -- ex "planet sov" proposals where a structure on each planet is your tally for system control -- have been proposed over the years but it's a very different game these days. I don't think they'd work as well as POS sov did, even once you correct for the rose colored glasses thing old players have for POS sov.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

this whole UALX thing just gets funnier every day

i wonder when ncdot will be forced to go wipe PL's rear end and get them out of jurassic park

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

this whole UALX thing just gets funnier every day

i wonder when ncdot will be forced to go wipe PL's rear end and get them out of jurassic park

you do know how laughably easy it is to move a 'trapped' super right?

i doubt there are any left by now

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

whats going on in UALX

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Doom

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hexel posted:

whats going on in UALX

TEST dropped a keepstar there. Everyone in the game that wasn't us or TEST's coalition came to kill it. Hostiles did manage to kill the keepstar, but the fight kept going after it was dead. The titan death count was 3 us, 11 them, and then the node's rear end shat its meal and died. Our side logged back in immediately, their side cowarded out on account of excessive FAX death. Now the area where they were is bubblefucked five ways to Sunday and there's a new keepstar on grid and a fortizar on the spot where they were.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

TEST dropped a keepstar there. Everyone in the game that wasn't us or TEST's coalition came to kill it. Hostiles did manage to kill the keepstar, but the fight kept going after it was dead. The titan death count was 3 us, 11 them, and then the node's rear end shat its meal and died. Our side logged back in immediately, their side cowarded out on account of excessive FAX death. Now the area where they were is bubblefucked five ways to Sunday and there's a new keepstar on grid and a fortizar on the spot where they were.

I know a keepstar is apparently some huge rear end station you can actually dock titans in (does it do more than just let you dock titans ? idk :iiam:) but I have no idea what a fortizar is or does.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

MREBoy posted:

I know a keepstar is apparently some huge rear end station you can actually dock titans in (does it do more than just let you dock titans ? idk :iiam:) but I have no idea what a fortizar is or does.

I guess I should go over these. Effort post:

Two years ago, CCP started the gradual process of replacing all outposts and POS with new structures, called "Upwell Structures" because of some lore thing or whatever. There are currently three groups of structures. Structures can be medium, large, or extra-large in size. They all have the ability to dock various sizes of ships, and a "tether" ability that renders a ship at zero on the structure invulnerable to harm, as well as repairing it and capping it up. Supercapital ships can tether on any structure, even if they can't dock there. They can be fit and rigged like ships, including guns and fighters, though the guns must be manually controlled, unlike the old automatic POS guns. They can also house service modules, which eat fuel and provide things like cloning, market, and so on.

CITADELS: These are defensive structures that are intended to be stagers. They're bonused for defense, cloning, and markets. The Medium is the Astrahus, which can dock all subcaps and (jump) freighters. Fortizars are Large, and can also dock capitals. Keepstars are Extra-Large and are the only structure that can dock supercapitals. No more coffins!

ENGINEERING COMPLEX: These structures are bonused for manufacturing and research. From M to XL: Raitaru, Azbel, Sotiyo. Only sotiyos can build supercapital ships. Raitarus and azbels can only dock subcaps and (jump) freighters, sotiyos can dock capital but not supercapital ships.

REFINERY: These structures take over refining and reactions from POS. There's only two of these: Athanor (M) and Tatara (L). Athanors can only dock subcaps/(jump) freighters, and Tataras can only dock rorquals on top of that. Neither can dock other types of capitals or supercapitals.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Someone in Brave made this:

https://ualx-3.firebaseapp.com/

I love it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you do know how laughably easy it is to move a 'trapped' super right?

i doubt there are any left by now

The highsec nerd who has a screaming tantrum whenever ships don't hold still for him to gank is going to educate everyone on nul sec supercapital move ops.

:allears:

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I guess I should go over these. Effort post:

Ok, I understand now. What was confusing me is that I thought Keepstar was a take off on Death Star... except you Keep stuff in it :newlol: I was having a hard time visualizing what a Fortizar could be because I was thinking it's a Fort with a Bazaar in it or something ? If you told me you guys were setting up Sotiyos somewhere that name has no connection to what it does AFAIK. Calling something an Astrohaus is sort of connected to its purpose (a space house :downs:) but some of these names are complete :psyduck:, because :ccp: I guess ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

MREBoy posted:

Ok, I understand now. What was confusing me is that I thought Keepstar was a take off on Death Star... except you Keep stuff in it :newlol: I was having a hard time visualizing what a Fortizar could be because I was thinking it's a Fort with a Bazaar in it or something ? If you told me you guys were setting up Sotiyos somewhere that name has no connection to what it does AFAIK. Calling something an Astrohaus is sort of connected to its purpose (a space house :downs:) but some of these names are complete :psyduck:, because :ccp: I guess ?

The stuff they added after Citadels have names based on in-game lore. The citadels are just plays on "house", "fort", and "keep."

• Locked thread