Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I have eaten a whole pizza so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

D. Ebdrup posted:

I don't understand what's up with the hosts hair, like is the hair that grows just above the forehead really really long?
Although perhaps that's because I'm not a hair expert.

It looks like a headband when he's in profile? It's odd.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

parabolic posted:

It looks like a headband when he's in profile? It's odd.
To be honest, it's not like it matters.

I'm enjoying listening to non-Scandinavians pronouncing Swedish town names, and Swedes trying to pronounce the letter j. :allears:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Vapor Moon posted:

I have eaten a whole pizza so far

i have eaten a whole yogurt

i might follow it up with some chips later

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

these dastardly low countries and their barbaric hair styles! where is your tonsure or pattern baldness like a proper Roman citizen

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Venue this year seems really awesome, I enjoy the overhead camera a much more than the one at SGDQ.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

D. Ebdrup posted:

To be honest, it's not like it matters.

I'm enjoying listening to non-Scandinavians pronouncing Swedish town names, and Swedes trying to pronounce the letter j. :allears:

Are they the ones who say yump?

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

drat I slept through the start of the marathon, but it looks like the DS3 was pretty good so I'll catch that later.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Octatonic posted:

these dastardly low countries and their barbaric hair styles! where is your tonsure or pattern baldness like a proper Roman citizen
I'm Danish and I don't think I've had a single grandparent lose their hair. Sorry.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Vapor Moon posted:

Yup, it's adorable :3:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Genthil posted:

drat I slept through the start of the marathon, but it looks like the DS3 was pretty good so I'll catch that later.

Yes. The Finnish stereotype is pretty accurate as well, if you remember how Kotti spoke during Arabian Nights. We know all the words and vocabulary but pronunciation is kinda strange.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vapor Moon posted:

swenglish is adorable

norwenglish on the other hand, that is just plain bad

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love the Cuphead aesthetic but from what I gather I'd be annoyed by the difficulty, so watching speedruns of it is a good alternative.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

D. Ebdrup posted:

I'm Danish and I don't think I've had a single grandparent lose their hair. Sorry.

proof of inobility. mars will see your downfall, as soon as soon as we put down this whole 'visigoths' rabble

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Your Computer posted:

swenglish is adorable

Danglish, with the special kind of lilt, is really really awful.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

You forgot the most important part

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A GAME INTO MY GENESIS. IT’S PRINGLES AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, PRINGLE DADDY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN FARTING SOUNDS WHEN I SELECT A LEVEL OR SAYING OH NO WHEN I MESS UP. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY COLLECTED KAIZO CHIP EARLY AND COMPLETED MIRACLE JUMP. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE FLAVORS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY POPPING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Octatonic posted:

proof of inobility. mars will see your downfall, as soon as soon as we put down this whole 'visigoths' rabble
Counterpoint: I'm descended from Vikings (as is every Danish citizen who can trace their family back to the 1600s).

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I love listening to swedes talk. I used to play world of Warcraft some years back with a bunch of goons in my raid team and most were Swedish so after I got used to it I found that pretty great. There was lots of swenglish and I learned a little bit I’ve forgot most of it now sadly. Sweden is a country I think I’d like to live in if I had the chance.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Your Computer posted:

swenglish is adorable

all accents are cute because it means the person learned a 2nd language and that seems VERY difficult

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Zillions magazine posted:

all accents are cute because it means the person learned a 2nd language and that seems VERY difficult

I feel downright spoiled all these runners and commentators from a bunch of different countries are speaking such accomplished English! It's not fair, but I certainly appreciate it!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i know this is to be expected with a smaller event but it's jarring to me after GDQ that they haven't gotten a donation in what feels like 30 minutes

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

nah we learn english in school from we're babbies

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Your Computer posted:

nah we learn english in school from we're babbies

it's still very cool and commendable because i live in America and we speak english and get mad at people who speak anything else, and also at people who speak english poorly because this place sucks

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

i know this is to be expected with a smaller event but it's jarring to me after GDQ that they haven't gotten a donation in what feels like 30 minutes

same but except i keep finding it jarring that i don't hear audience clapping after every hard boss fight getting completely trivialized

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Would help if the donation button actually went to a donation form.

e: Also, they appear to be tracking donations for each stream separately, which feels really weird, given that the second stream isn't even running for half the marathon.

e2: Okay, after five minutes of clicking around, finally found it. You have to click Donate to go to the tracker site, then click "ESA 2018 Stream 1" on the tracker, then click Donate there. Yeah, I'm kinda unsurprised that people are having trouble finding that.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 21, 2018

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

it's still very cool and commendable because i live in America and we speak english and get mad at people who speak anything else, and also at people who speak english poorly because this place sucks

i'm sorry about your country :smith:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

D. Ebdrup posted:

Counterpoint: I'm descended from Vikings (as is every Danish citizen who can trace their family back to the 1600s).

psh, i can *swigs lead - sweetened wine* trace my senator's ancestry back to roumus and remus *rinses mouth with piss* rome is the apex of civilization on this continent europa!

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Your Computer posted:

i'm sorry about your country :smith:

:same:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm back, I didn't miss the start of Cuphead because I had the stream going on my phone while I drove (listening only of course). It took me longer than expected because they ran out of eggs and the lady had to castrate herself before me for not being able to put them in my crepe. It's OK lady, I'm sure it will still be good.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Octatonic posted:

psh, i can *swigs lead - sweetened wine* trace my senator's ancestry back to roumus and remus *rinses mouth with piss* rome is the apex of civilization on this continent europa!
And look at us now. Fat load of poo poo all that empire building did for us. Should've just stayed home and been comfy.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

The Lobster posted:

I'm back, I didn't miss the start of Cuphead because I had the stream going on my phone while I drove (listening only of course). It took me longer than expected because they ran out of eggs and the lady had to castrate herself before me for not being able to put them in my crepe. It's OK lady, I'm sure it will still be good.

castrate or prostrate

because the former seems intense

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Update: crepe still good without eggs.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The lack of a crowd behind the player is weird after SGDQ but maybe it's just the angle of the camera

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

castrate or prostrate

Yes, sorry, prostrate. Sorry, I had to get up a little earlier than normal for the marathon so I'm a little dumb today.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

Update: crepe still good without eggs.
:yeah:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

castrate or prostrate

How do you think she got the eggs for his crepe

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oh hey, there's some claps

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The Lobster posted:

Yes, sorry, prostrate. Sorry, I had to get up a little earlier than normal for the marathon so I'm a little dumb today.
It's okay speedfriend, :justpost:

The Journey Fraternity
Nov 25, 2003

I found this on the ground!
Threw 25 bucks towards hugging dat goat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

ullerrm posted:

How do you think she got the eggs for his crepe
:eyepop: