Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I remember seeing Her and thinking we're only a few years away from people falling in love with their ipods. The future is now.

Can any real person understand you as well as something that knows your entire search history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm still using windows 7 :c00l:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

It’s like playing a simulator, the idea of having an experience you’d never engage with in the real world. I’ve played a really lovely budget cop sim and it was kinda fun going through all the procedures and occasionally you’d get some action like a car chase or a gunfight.

The thrill is the sort of tension that poo poo could pop off at any moment without being so overloaded with action it becomes mundane.

this is wack BUT I am impressed with the level of scripting they've done to make this possible. the guy I'm watching rolled up on another cop who has another player cuffed and you can pick them up and take them places

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea posted:

I remember seeing Her and thinking we're only a few years away from people falling in love with their ipods. The future is now.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol he wants to report this lady because she drove her car into the water and it's hard to catch criminals when they do that

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grieving for Gandalf posted:

this is wack BUT I am impressed with the level of scripting they've done to make this possible. the guy I'm watching rolled up on another cop who has another player cuffed and you can pick them up and take them places

Yeah like ArmA 3 has some crazy scripted mods like a military checkpoint simulator that is randomized and a guerrilla campaign management sim that is super wild. I remember in DayZ one gang was kidnapping people and making them fight to the death in an arena made out of junk.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So I’m more or less done with NieR Gestalt (only ending D left now) and I’m very tempted to do an effortpost, but short version is drat, this game’s gonna stick with me for a long time. I’d love to see an HD remaster with Gestalt/RepliCant together sometime, especially given that they’re kind of the dub/subtitled version of the game respectively.

It’s kind of grindy and a little on the jank side but I haven’t felt pulled through a story like that in a good long time.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If they ever do a rerelease of Nier, I hope they put in ending E, where you would have played Kaine which was planned but was cut for time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adam Vegas posted:

In the HD version of DMC1, do they still have the cancelling glitch where you can fire the grenade gun super fast by rolling to the side in between shots? That breaks the game super hard. Was wondering if they fixed it or not

as far as i can tell, all versions of the first three games are exactly the same as their original ps2 versions, maybe just with some small graphical oddities. no bugs or exploits changed or fixed from what i can see

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

The Colonel posted:

as far as i can tell, all versions of the first three games are exactly the same as their original ps2 versions, maybe just with some small graphical oddities. no bugs or exploits changed or fixed from what i can see

oh man, nice. I’m actually glad to hear that because I can’t think of any particularly bad bugs in the DMC series but stuff like grenade roll cancelling or shotgun jump cancelling is super fun and really helps you break the game over your knee, if you so wish

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

glam rock hamhock posted:

If they ever do a rerelease of Nier, I hope they put in ending E, where you would have played Kaine which was planned but was cut for time

That would have been pretty cool. I picked up the DLC too, which wasn’t really worth it, but I’m happy to contribute to their numbers. :unsmith:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Taintrunner posted:

It’s like playing a simulator, the idea of having an experience you’d never engage with in the real world. I’ve played a really lovely budget cop sim and it was kinda fun going through all the procedures and occasionally you’d get some action like a car chase or a gunfight.

The thrill is the sort of tension that poo poo could pop off at any moment without being so overloaded with action it becomes mundane.

Based on the LP I read years ago, that's pretty much Police Quest

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuringa posted:

Based on the LP I read years ago, that's pretty much Police Quest

Sure but less point and click FMV and more WASD.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Played my 3DS for the first time in maybe six months today. Turns out it's still a pretty good system!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Played my 3DS for the first time in maybe six months today. Turns out it's still a pretty good system!

Same but vita 2 weeks ago.

Buy brandish!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've been reading a lot of VNs lately so my Vita has been getting a work out.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sometimes i wonder how late 90s/early 2000s shows feel they should acknowledge 9/11

a character in gilmore girls for example acknowledges that they live in a "post 9/11 world", but it's unclear if she's talking about the terrorist event or if some more mundane stuff went down

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium posted:

sometimes i wonder how late 90s/early 2000s shows feel they should acknowledge 9/11

a character in gilmore girls for example acknowledges that they live in a "post 9/11 world", but it's unclear if she's talking about the terrorist event or if some more mundane stuff went down

A Very Special Episode like what the West Wing did, that aged really well

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

tribute.wmv is the one piece of 9/11 related media that has aged well, when you think about it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

oddium posted:

... why would it be acknowledged in late 90's shows?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mak0rz posted:

deus ex acknowledged it, obviously

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsMG2hHsLo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

shows that started in the late 90s and had new episodes post 9/11 i mean

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Remember when amarican media all decided to put all late night talk shows on hiatus for 2 weeks afterwards?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

You think 9/11 happened on the date they tell us it happened? how naive

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Remember when amarican media all decided to put all late night talk shows on hiatus for 2 weeks afterwards?

no because i was like 10 and not watching those

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

oddium posted:

shows that started in the late 90s and had new episodes post 9/11 i mean

Ah, right

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Real hurthling! posted:

Honestly, those were some pretty crazy couple of years everyone had

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

Siddle up whippersnapper and hear the tale of the snl lockbox sketch

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Imagine an america where 9/11 never happened.

I can't.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Shortest Path posted:

Imagine an america where 9/11 never happened.

I can't.

Yeah, I am a Remember Me fan too.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

Yeah, I am a Remember Me fan too.

I had to remember there was a movie with that same name lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I had to remember there was a movie with that same name lol

I realized this in panic a moment of ago and rushed back to my laptop in horror.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_JFIS0ga5o

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

oddium posted:

Babies having babies itt

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i will not have babies

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
enter the gungeon is the exemplar of “I hate this game that I can’t stop playing”

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

enter the gungeon is the exemplar of “I hate this game that I can’t stop playing”

Hearthstone is that game, for me. The game is bad and actively hostile to dumb gimmick decks that I like to play, but I still load it up for a game or two a day because it doesn't take long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Drakengard feelings

https://twitter.com/generalslug/status/1019687543154139140

• Locked thread