Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why do they need to break any more glass cases?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this is the first time I've seen a single second of RE5 and this is mind bogglingly racist

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Blockhouse posted:

this is the first time I've seen a single second of RE5 and this is mind bogglingly racist

You haven't seen poo poo yet.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like RE5, but holy poo poo are parts of it racist. Chapter 1 is loving tame by its own standards.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

So at first that's what I thought, but then I said "You know, if you were zombies in Africa, you would have a lot of black zombies. Maybe I'm overreacting".

Then a few hours later, "Nope, actually just super racist".

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Just wait until we get to the ceremonial mask wearin, grass skirt sportin, LITERAL SPEAR CHUCKIN zombies Majini™ later.

That whole section is mindblowingly racist but I can't help but laugh the entire way through it, because goddrat man.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
RE5 starts off somewhat racist and then just snowballs into caricature town at incredible speeds

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I remember at the time people were trying to downplay the racism before it came out since most were just going by the trailers. And then the game came out...

Outside of Suda 51 and Kojima, I don’t trust Japanese devs to handle black people right

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
With every glass breaking, we get closer and closer to the Obsidian-lined Fallout: New Vegas case.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theCalamity posted:

I remember at the time people were trying to downplay the racism before it came out since most were just going by the trailers. And then the game came out...

Outside of Suda 51 and Kojima, I don’t trust Japanese devs to handle black people right

Yea it went from 'ok guys yea it looks kinda rough to see some white dude blasting his way through Africans but come on this is RE and they're zombies, maybe a change of locations will be good on the whole despite some uncomfortable imagery' to 'oh gently caress they put them in masks and grass skirts throwing spears oh my god what???'

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ApeHawk posted:

With every glass breaking, we get closer and closer to the Obsidian-lined Fallout: New Vegas case.

You think they had problems getting fuckin Omicron to work?

New Vegas is a game that, year by year, ceases to exist as a functional product

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Burkion posted:

Counterpoint:

Goon LP of NV Unarmed run, updated a few days ago.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

Yea it went from 'ok guys yea it looks kinda rough to see some white dude blasting his way through Africans but come on this is RE and they're zombies, maybe a change of locations will be good on the whole despite some uncomfortable imagery' to 'oh gently caress they put them in masks and grass skirts throwing spears oh my god what???'

the best was the canon in-game explanation of why they were dressed that way that somehow made it even more racist

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Burkion posted:

That’s not really true

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Burkion posted:

That's because you keep trying to add even more creepy big tiddy Bioman costume mods to the game every replay.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yeah like what, NV was initially really buggy in weird places and then got fixes, fixed even quicker and more thoroughly by modders if you were on PC too, as you always should be with bethsoft joints.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Burkion posted:

I installed it last week and it's fine. What are you going on about?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Came across the video where Paige ends up calling Pat over warframe and jfc pat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuofwKWpoLQ

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

theCalamity posted:

Is that the same Suda51 who had the rap music cult leader whose weapon was a beatbox that turned into robot arms in NMH2?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Dabir posted:

Is that the same Suda51 who had the rap music cult leader whose weapon was a beatbox that turned into robot arms in NMH2?

All of the assassins were terrible, broken people.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
maybe one day pat will lp alpha protocol.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Motto posted:

Came across the video where Paige ends up calling Pat over warframe and jfc pat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuofwKWpoLQ

That's the video that got my girlfriend 1000% hooked on Pat/Paige streams.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Dabir posted:

The very same. The dude also created Garcian in killer 7 and Shinobu in NMH

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dabir posted:

Yeah it's also the same game where the White Football Quaterback at high school has a cult like following of cheerleaders who he sends to their death to protect him.

It's almost like every character including Travis in NMH is a truly awful human being.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"I can fix this"
This RE5 LP is already the best

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah seriously if you think Fallout NV is a mess I think you're confusing with Fallout 3 that I've had actual issues getting to run at this point even back on Windows 7.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I thought the Barry stuff wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, I couldn't remember anything TOO awful back when I played it. Then the word dog came up in the last three minutes and all the memories I had blocked away came flooding back and i'm not ready to see the boys' reactions

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

normally them futzing around in menus for an entire video is annoying but RE5 part 1 being 25 minutes of trying to get the loving local co-op to work was hilarious and relatable. I had forgotten having that exact same experience, I think my college roommate just ended up buying his own copy and just doing it over LAN in the same loving room

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dabir posted:

He was also Irish.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Deliverance!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Counterpoint:

It's a screenshot lp, we don't see how often it crashes :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat literally streamed New Vegas within the last year.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Don't bring your facts into this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

editL wrong thread

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'd like to point out that Hank goes to a food truck named Chicken Feed, where all the menu items we can see are chicken, and purchases a hamburger.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Hank's just an expert of restaurant secret menus. He also knows how to get the stuffed crust pizza at a Taco Bell.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i just noticed that Dante's Inferno got added to Xbone BC. come on, dumb playthrough.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pat's doing the massive back down of "Fornite sucks!"

"OH wait, now that I actually played it beyond lulz hate, it's not that bad"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tae posted:

Pat's doing the massive back down of "Fornite sucks!"

"OH wait, now that I actually played it beyond lulz hate, it's not that bad"

I feel like he's kinda been on the "I want to like it but can't / I don't like the building aspect of it" thing before. He was reaching out on twitter over the last few days asking people to help him get into it because he hates how he couldn't get into when it basically looks like a version of PUBG where the devs are actually trying/caring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
IT BEGINS!

THE REAL MURDERTHROUGH STARTS HERE! :unsmigghh:

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like he's kinda been on the "I want to like it but can't / I don't like the building aspect of it" thing before. He was reaching out on twitter over the last few days asking people to help him get into it because he hates how he couldn't get into when it basically looks like a version of PUBG where the devs are actually trying/caring.

Honestly I know how he feels because I was in the exact same boat. Kinda just gave up on it for a while because I wasn't a fan of the building mechanics but for some reason something about it just clicked recently and I'm really getting into it.

Whatever my current opinion of the game may be, I will always give them props for ditching all the counter-strike/ARMA-esque realistic gun mechanics and going for old-fashioned health bars and 3 types of ammo. That poo poo is a godsend for casual players.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 24, 2018