Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Star Trek Discovery ended up being sort of enjoyable by the end of the first season and I won't lie, I let out a yelp of excitement when I saw Pike's uniform in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2coob7np2LA

And supposedly we're getting a shitload of new Trek in the coming months which makes me wonder if they are back door piloting a Pike series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Do they even have comics at comic-con anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

What a silly question.

Of course not.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The CW shows have trailers out but they are mostly clips from last season with the exception of Arrow which has mostly new stuff. Who is the villain for Supergirl? Pretty much the only new stuff in the SG trailer was the shot of the villain and the shot of Supergirl(?) in some kind of space suit looking thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've announced two people so far, Sam Witwer as "Agent Liberty" who is the head of a human first movement and David Ajala as Manchester Black.

Edit: That's Witwer narrating the trailer.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 22, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ToastyPotato posted:

The CW shows have trailers out but they are mostly clips from last season with the exception of Arrow which has mostly new stuff.

The Legends trailer had a decent amount of new footage too

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
whats the deal with that living stuffed toy legends is advertising

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

You mean Beebo, our lord and savior?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

site posted:

Look, they combined Voltron with the climax of Ghostbusters and... well, let's just say the finale episodes of Legends S3 was an all timer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Not SDCC. They’ll ever change the name though, because they’re a bunch of trademark trolls too.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

AngryBooch posted:

Look, they combined Voltron with the climax of Ghostbusters and... well, let's just say the finale episodes of Legends S3 was an all timer.

Let's just say that Legends is just one Hitler assassination away from being the best time travel television show ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

How are you unaware of Beebo, the one true God?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

David D. Davidson posted:

Let's just say that Legends is just one Hitler assassination away from being the best time travel television show ever.

Rip Hunter has already put Hitler in the closet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
12 Monkeys blew Hitler up just a few weeks ago.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kelly punching Hitler in the face and literally stomping him on Misfits was pretty great.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/THR/status/1020820764000423939

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

They've been pushing for a show for like 3 years and only now just have pilot script? This is never getting made is it?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
As long as we get Urban back as Dredd.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pubic works project posted:

As long as we get Urban back as Dredd.

He loving hated having to move to Vancouver for that cop show where his partner was a robot, so I don't think he's doing another TV show unless it's filmed where his family lives, or I guess has a short filming schedule.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He recently signed on to play Billy Butcher in the adaptation of The Boys.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really hope New Warriors gets out of production limbo soon. Milana Vayntrub seems to be such a sweet person and I don't want her dreams to be crushed.
It's really exciting when a person is a giant fan of the character they're playing. That energy is exactly what a Squirrel Girl would need. Whoever decided to cast her made a good decision.

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1020899430449344512

Well, at least there's Marvel rising, which will probably be cool too.

By the way, I'm not just basing my opinion of that person on her fun cosplay. She's the founder of an worldwide organization for refugee help and she does a lot of other charity work. Apparently she came to the USA as a refugee, herself, so that influenced her.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 22, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

I really hope New Warriors gets out of production limbo soon. Milana Vayntrub seems to be such a sweet person and I don't want her dreams to be crushed.
It's really exciting when a person is a giant fan of the character they're playing. That energy is exactly what a Squirrel Girl would need. Whoever decided to cast her made a good decision.

By the way, I'm not just basing my opinion of that person on her fun cosplay. She's the founder of an worldwide organization for refugee help and she does a lot of other charity work. Apparently she came to the USA as a refugee, herself, so that influenced her.

The more I read about her, the more I think she’s pretty much the perfect person to cast as Squirrel Girl.

Also, Ryan North is tall.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Arrow trailer
https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/1020813170577985538

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

So this happened,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHEU6WBpHMc

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Head's up, the Black Lightning trailer doesn't have anything new at all. Just a s1 recap.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I love her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Instant I saw Diaz is back I lost interest. Actually I lost so much interest its a negative amount of interest. So unless he gets killed by the real villain of the season right away I'm staying away.

Also that is such hackish writing "I was a murderus criminal who ruled a city through fear and corruption and he stopped me, HOW DARE HE!" gently caress you buddy, and gently caress the writers for thinking this is compelling.

She is so perfect as Squirrel Girl. The fact she's stuck in TV land is basically the biggest mistake Marvel has done. She should be in Avengers 4 or Spider-Man Far From Home, not on a TV show no one will watch.

radlum
May 13, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

She is so perfect as Squirrel Girl. The fact she's stuck in TV land is basically the biggest mistake Marvel has done. She should be in Avengers 4 or Spider-Man Far From Home, not on a TV show no one will watch.

Is the show a thing anymore? It's been a while since they were dropped by their original network (was it Freeform? Hulu? I can't remember) and I have heard nothing about it. It's a shame because her casting was perfect

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

radlum posted:

Is the show a thing anymore? It's been a while since they were dropped by their original network (was it Freeform? Hulu? I can't remember) and I have heard nothing about it. It's a shame because her casting was perfect

There hasn't actually been a new announcement about that. Last we hear ist that corporate Disney ist looking vor a new slot. In theory it's still scheduled to air in 2018, but that sounds unlikely.
Either Disney will try again next year, (maybe in a summer slot) or they will burry it and deny that there were ever any plans in the first place.
If that happens I hope we will at least get to See the pilot at some point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Last word was in June that they're still shopping.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I figure if nothing else they'll add it to their digital service.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Omg shes even wearing a black heroes matter top, my new waifu

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I figure if nothing else they'll add it to their digital service.

It's weird that they haven't announced much for it outside of new Clone Wars for it. They already spent money casting and developing the show, so it's weird to be hesitant now, especially when the service is currently starved for content.

Last week's Cloak and Dagger was pretty great. Was this one of the only times that a dude has been fridged, even literally, lol in a comic story?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

It's weird that they haven't announced much for it outside of new Clone Wars for it. They already spent money casting and developing the show, so it's weird to be hesitant now, especially when the service is currently starved for content.

Last week's Cloak and Dagger was pretty great. Was this one of the only times that a dude has been fridged, even literally, lol in a comic story?

Well when are they ripping everything off of Netflix? That'll fix that starved for content in a hurry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Well when are they ripping everything off of Netflix? That'll fix that starved for content in a hurry.

The Netflix produced shows aren't going anywhere, just the movies.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dream scenario: they quietly killed new warriors to put squirrel girl in the mcu

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

site posted:

Dream scenario: they quietly killed new warriors to put squirrel girl in the mcu

Marvel TV is run by different people than Marvel Studios, and it is pretty clear Marvel TV (Marvel Entertainment) execs aren't chummy with them so there is no way they drop a show to give a character to them. In fact, we've seen the opposite.

My read on the situation is this. We know there was a falling out between Marvel Entertainment leadership and Marvel Studios. There used to be a creative board for the MCU but they clashed over something and Disney stepped in and gave Feige and Studios autonomy. Shortly after, Inhumans, the movie, entered limbo, disappeared, and within months a TV show appeared instead. My guess was that this was a powerplay by TV to develop something they thought Studios would want/need going forward, so that they could exert some control over the MCU again. I wouldn't be surprised if Inhumans being a major part of SHIELD was the beginning of this play. Basically leverage. TV introduces a major game changer into what is SUPPOSED to be the MCU, so now Studios has to work with the very people who were removed again. It's a gamble. I guess they didn't count on Studios deciding that no TV show was going to be part of the MCU.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

The Netflix produced shows aren't going anywhere, just the movies.

I know that, I just meant when is every non-Netflix MCU movie going away?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

They announced Favreau's live action Star Wars show was going to be on their service ages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ToastyPotato posted:

Marvel TV is run by different people than Marvel Studios, and it is pretty clear Marvel TV (Marvel Entertainment) execs aren't chummy with them so there is no way they drop a show to give a character to them. In fact, we've seen the opposite.

My read on the situation is this. We know there was a falling out between Marvel Entertainment leadership and Marvel Studios. There used to be a creative board for the MCU but they clashed over something and Disney stepped in and gave Feige and Studios autonomy. Shortly after, Inhumans, the movie, entered limbo, disappeared, and within months a TV show appeared instead. My guess was that this was a powerplay by TV to develop something they thought Studios would want/need going forward, so that they could exert some control over the MCU again. I wouldn't be surprised if Inhumans being a major part of SHIELD was the beginning of this play. Basically leverage. TV introduces a major game changer into what is SUPPOSED to be the MCU, so now Studios has to work with the very people who were removed again. It's a gamble. I guess they didn't count on Studios deciding that no TV show was going to be part of the MCU.

Why you gotta be bringing down like this

CAN'T I DREAM

IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK