Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Not getting traya anytime soon and I only just started farming sion/nihilus. hate how fast the arena meta is changing. EP was supposed to be antijedi but now theres and anti EP jedi team argh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Cool, thanks

My shard has little to no Trayas.
Personally i have zero shards of her.

I have no shards of Wampa or HY either though... (well like 5 of each)
Is HY part of the Bastila meta?

At this point if you’re not putting TB Reward currency into Hermit/Wampa, I don’t even know what to tell you. There are few more obviously-going-to-be-evergreen characters in the game than those two. Just pick one and commit, and then do the other in a few months.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Not getting traya anytime soon and I only just started farming sion/nihilus. hate how fast the arena meta is changing. EP was supposed to be antijedi but now theres and anti EP jedi team argh

Saw a fun anti-jedi variant on Thrawn-troopers today;

zThrawn lead, Palp, Shore, Storm, Rangetrooper (3*, g8).

You’re basically playing Hide the Palpatine with tons of protection regen and control and the dumb Jedi completely own themselves on palp’s unique.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

There has never been a good jedi team. He is most directly a night sister counter/jtr counter.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

CaptainPsyko posted:

At this point if you’re not putting TB Reward currency into Hermit/Wampa, I don’t even know what to tell you. There are few more obviously-going-to-be-evergreen characters in the game than those two. Just pick one and commit, and then do the other in a few months.

I never started buying shards for HY or wampa as it looks like it will take years to get them to 7*.

We get like ~3500 event tokens per month and they take ~90k to get to 7*.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Note that HYoda is perfectly viable at 5* g11 + one mk6 speed ball. He gains no benefits from any other stat than speed.

Of course if you want to use him for raids you'll have to 7* him but you don't need to gear him up beyond that.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing this for some time, but was unaware of the thread.

Allies welcome, my ally code is 844-913-678

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

I never started buying shards for HY or wampa as it looks like it will take years to get them to 7*.

3500/month? Jesus.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Claptain posted:

I've been playing this for some time, but was unaware of the thread.

Allies welcome, my ally code is 844-913-678

Get in the 'cord, get on the waitlist

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Unless you’re literally getting 1 Star in TB, you should be getting like 10-15k per month.

(30 stars in TB is ~5k, the easy early day special missions will get you another 1-2k per TB, + some token amount from TW).

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Wow I think Bastila is the ticket to me finally getting to 150 wins in GW. Even at 4* and gear VII she loving stomped the entire galactic war table on auto attack.

Bastila (L), Yoda, QGJ, Lumi, Ahsoka

Welp that's my lowbie story you guys can return to your high level discussion now

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Syrinxx posted:

Wow I think Bastila is the ticket to me finally getting to 150 wins in GW. Even at 4* and gear VII she loving stomped the entire galactic war table on auto attack.

Bastila (L), Yoda, QGJ, Lumi, Ahsoka

Welp that's my lowbie story you guys can return to your high level discussion now

Try Ezra in there. (Ideally in place of Lumi or Ashoka, then replace the other one with GK or Old Ben eventually)

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Finally seven starred the last piece of the JTR team. What's their minimum gear levels?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
G7 for vet bros, g10 for the rest

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Running Bastilla Jedi in the arena for the last 2 days and can now attest that she doesn't just walk all over EZPZ teams with better mods/gear, she also dances on top of their corpses. I don't even have Hermit Yoda or a zeta on Ezra yet.

SgtMongoose fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 22, 2018

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Had to create a second account to allow for guilding with goon buddies.

New code: 364-739-281. Almost to 22...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I managed to Unlock Chimera, so now I guess I'll start leveling Thrawn even though he's only 5*.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Even 5* Thrawn is a game-changing character. Drop everything for him.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Thrawn is really good to have super geared because he gets used in almost every major arena team. I think the only one he doesn't fit in is nightsisters

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nice, I always figured like other games, characters weren't worth bothering with unless they were maxed out *'s at the least.

And I realized I should put some more effort into leveling up my Phoenix team, as I just noticed I got most of them to GL7 and just forgot about them. Mostly because they all needed 20 widgets in all their gear slots, but after joining a guild I've been getting way more stuff.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 23, 2018

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Nice, I always figured like other games, characters weren't worth bothering with unless they were maxed out *'s at the least.

And finally I get my 20th Zeta but I don't have the other mats to upgrade anyones skill, not to mention i have no idea who to throw it on.

Your shiny new thrawn's ebb & flow isnt a bad choice. R2 number crunch also good & versatile. Who is your arena team?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fishtobaskets posted:

Your shiny new thrawn's ebb & flow isnt a bad choice. R2 number crunch also good & versatile. Who is your arena team?

I'm using Palp, Vader, Nihilus, Tarkin and Sidious. Palp and Vader have Zetas already, though I borked vader and put it on his leader rather than his unique.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

I'm using Palp, Vader, Nihilus, Tarkin and Sidious. Palp and Vader have Zetas already, though I borked vader and put it on his leader rather than his unique.

Wound in the force

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fishtobaskets posted:

Wound in the force

Is that Strength of the Void or Lord of Hunger?

Are there any good LSers to Zeta? I have Hobo Rey, Farmboy Luke, STH and Finn that are in position to take a Zeta.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Are there any good LSers to Zeta? I have Hobo Rey, Farmboy Luke, STH and Finn that are in position to take a Zeta.

Finn is an amazing zeta if you have a decent resistance team built up (Poe, Res Trooper, Res Pilot)

Scav Rey is an ok zeta but usually only if you already have RJT and her zetas

Dont zeta Farmboy Luke or STH

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Finn is an amazing zeta if you have a decent resistance team built up (Poe, Res Trooper, Res Pilot)

Scav Rey is an ok zeta but usually only if you already have RJT and her zetas

Dont zeta Farmboy Luke or STH

That's kind of my problem, my LS teams are poo poo. My top 5 LS is Hera, Lando, Hobo Rey, FB Luke, Luminara, ST Han and K2S0.

I'll probably just dump it on Rey just so I can have someone other than Hera zeta'd on the LS.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That meme about putting a zeta on Scav Rey is... well...

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

That's kind of my problem, my LS teams are poo poo. My top 5 LS is Hera, Lando, Hobo Rey, FB Luke, Luminara, ST Han and K2S0.

I'll probably just dump it on Rey just so I can have someone other than Hera zeta'd on the LS.

People you should zeta before Rey (no particular order), looking at your collection:
KRU, Nihilus, kylo, GMYoda, bb8, R2, phasma, Finn, DM, Daka, RAID HAN (if you dont have your 7* Solo zetad do so immediately), veers, asajj

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Holy poo poo, I assumed you didn't have Raid Han because of the LS characters you mentioned.

Zeta Raid Han right now.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

Huh, did they change the name of that when they introduced traya? Lord of hunger is the one i meant. His unique

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Do not zeta scavenger rey

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

No, man, if you're gonna throw-away a single zeta to have a functioning lightside squad, give it to Finn and just build the finn/poe/RT/RP/R2 team.

This set will get you through the lightside 9 hards if you haven't already. It can 6/6 a TB mission on days 1-6 without even having to gear them, really. It's a good squad.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 23, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

People you should zeta before Rey (no particular order), looking at your collection:
KRU, Nihilus, kylo, GMYoda, bb8, R2, phasma, Finn, DM, Daka, RAID HAN (if you dont have your 7* Solo zetad do so immediately), veers, asajj

I forgot about Raid Han, I've been focusing on stuff for JTR and CLS, so i've been ignoring basically everyone else.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What is the Bastila team?

Bastila L, GMY, Ezra, GK, OB, replace one of the tanks with HY if you got him?
How does this team kill anything?
Which zetas to pick?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Which zetas to pick?

Yup
Ezra and GMY hit like loving trains and your team is functionally immune to debuffs until they nuke your prot which is difficult with all the foresight flying around.
zBastila > zGMY > zEzra = zHY

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Which zetas to pick?

There are other variants as well; Bastila, Kenobi Kenobi Nest Talzin basically just playing keep-alive and letting plague kill poo poo is apparently very strong against anything but Traya Lead.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

I forgot about Raid Han, I've been focusing on stuff for JTR and CLS, so i've been ignoring basically everyone else.

he does ridiculous damage and is useful in a lot of situations, definitely get him zetad and geared up imo

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
RHan being able to stun any enemy right off the bat is a huge advantage in arena.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

RHan being able to stun any enemy right off the bat is a huge advantage in arena.

yeah, he's a gadget toon that works in a lot of comps because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Also massive TM reduction, shits damage, stun on a short CD.