Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hello I just powered through like 50 pages of this thread since I stopped reading when IW came out but I just wanted to say

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Thanos gets all the stones again and as an act of mercy tells Cap he will bring back one person for him.

Cap imagines Peggy, then goes stonefaced and says he's made his wish.

The dust rises and forms into Diamond Dallas Page who grabs Thanos and gives him the diamond cutter, which knocks him out instantly. The diamond cutter can never be predicted and always works for the three.

Only Goldberg has ever kicked out, and he had an extra minute of the ref being unconscious.

Sometimes it can fail when DDP was a heel but that's because as a heel he would telegraph it.

this post made me laugh harder than anything on these dead forums in months.

edit: lol what a lovely way to top a page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

I'm amazed they had the restraint not to use Black Adam right away. Really hope this one does well, and the next one is the Shazam Family vs Black Adam and the Monster Society of Evil.

Only because the Rock isn't available though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm glad they're saving The Rock, because a) Mark Strong deserves better than Green Lantern and b) man I am sick of dark mirror villains

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Rock is available, Black Adam is getting his own film.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The Rock is available, Black Adam is getting his own film.

The Rock isn't available for like 2 years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

The Rock isn't available for like 2 years.

His Instagram says otherwise. He's posted about being Black Adam quite a lot. And the credit sequence is absolutely going to be him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Post credits scene is going to be The Rock as Mister Mind.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

His Instagram says otherwise. He's posted about being Black Adam quite a lot. And the credit sequence is absolutely going to be him.

He’s doing the movie eventually, he’s just booked for a while.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Really dug the Shazam trailer but jinkies, the Aquaman one looks like right old toss. Still, it is James Wan so there's every chance it'll be fine but I'm not in any hurry to see it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I still think it's hilarious that at one point Black Adam was rumored to be the Suicide Squad 2 villain

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He still is, last time I checked. Which was thirty seconds ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Samuringa posted:

I still think it's hilarious that at one point Black Adam was rumored to be the Suicide Squad 2 villain

And the MoS2 villain.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rhyno posted:

And the MoS2 villain.

Nah, current scuttlebutt is saying Brainiac for MoS2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cythereal posted:

Yes but as the post I quoted says "at one point he was rumored to be the MoS2 baddie. There's a ton of fan renders if you Google it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cythereal posted:

Well that's who Cavill wants the villain to be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

Who's opinion may not even matter as he's pushing for a bigger payday to return.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Who's opinion may not even matter as he's pushing for a bigger payday to return.

I know they won't, but between this, the Batman movie not happening, and Snyder's take on the DCEU being a failed experiment, I would hit the reset button and just start fresh. Keep Wonder Woman and Aquaman, who cares, just say this is a different universe but they're still the same.

That's what the DC comics always did when things didn't go well! And it only took them 17 universe resets to get to a point where people want to read their comics again!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd put money on this "Worlds of DC" thing is going to allow them to have multiple versions of characters.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

pubic works project posted:

And Snyder, though I don't know if he'll be directing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cythereal posted:

And Snyder, though I don't know if he'll be directing.

I think we all know Snyder is done at WB.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Samuringa posted:

How? That seems like a wildly inappropriate opponent for a bunch of bullets and a lady with a sword.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

How? That seems like a wildly inappropriate opponent for a bunch of bullets and a lady with a sword.

That's the point, though? The Enchantress was also way above their level. They're a bunch of fuckups who punch above their weight class.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

SonicRulez posted:

The Easy Mission Squad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
DC/Warner have done the impossible and defeated the Tomatometer. The next DC Movie is certified 100% Fresh, and surely all the people who thought Disney was conspiring with RT to discredit the DCU will be happy this movie is doing so well with critics.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The more recent episode of TTG had them poking fun at DC's superhero movies with Robin declaring that the only actor who could portray him in a film was Joseph Gordon Levitt and at one point they were talking about making movies and a script appeared on screen where the writing credit had "And Joss" added on to it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

SonicRulez posted:

That's why I thought it was funny, it's ridiculously disproportional

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

site posted:

The only enjoyable thing about justice league is imagining how extremely uncomfortable Ezra Miller probably made cavill and affleck on set

https://twitter.com/SindarOath/status/1020728955723280384?s=19

This actually pissed me off during the panel. It was cute that Ezra Miller said "destroy the patriarchy" but then Johnny Depp did actually appear. Showed up, gave a speech, and left. Moments later they had Amber Heard show up on stage so WB effectively had them on the same panel.

I had to hear people cheer for Joss Whedon and Johnny Depp this weekend and I was not happy about either of them.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

i like tacos posted:

This actually pissed me off during the panel. It was cute that Ezra Miller said "destroy the patriarchy" but then Johnny Depp did actually appear. Showed up, gave a speech, and left. Moments later they had Amber Heard show up on stage so WB effectively had them on the same panel.

I had to hear people cheer for Joss Whedon and Johnny Depp this weekend and I was not happy about either of them.

100% my feelings. It means nothing to say these things when the actions are basically "let's just do what we've always done instead"

It's almost worse that they had him show up in full makeup because they knew otherwise they'd have to actually deal with the problem.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Do y'all think Ezra Miller had control over whether depp or whedon show up or something idgi

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He's the flash, so uh, yeah. You could blink and Johnny Depp would be in Alaska

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
No of course not. It's on WB. I was more annoyed about the fact that Whedon/Depp still get employed and cheered on.

(I just wanted to correct that tweet that said Depp didn't show up)

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

In other better news, I saw the Lego Move 2 and Into the Spider-verse footage and it's amazing. Shame SP//DR got a downgrade but happy for John Mulaney Spider-Ham

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

i like tacos posted:

In other better news, I saw the Lego Move 2 and Into the Spider-verse footage and it's amazing. Shame SP//DR got a downgrade but happy for John Mulaney Spider-Ham

Tell me about SP//dr please

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Tell me about SP//dr please

It’s not quite the spindly mecha from the comic, it’s got a more toy-friendly rounded look.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s not quite the spindly mecha from the comic, it’s got a more toy-friendly rounded look.

Deffo a downgrade, but it's looking decent enough.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That's a fair look for a character that's probably going to be sanitized for the movie. Let her be a goofy kid in a Spider-bot.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gaz-L posted:

That's the point, though? The Enchantress was also way above their level. They're a bunch of fuckups who punch above their weight class.

The Enchantress wasn't intended to be a mission of theirs though. And they were lucky to have a fire god??? on their side to help them. He's dead now. So now they're fighting someone who is arguably stronger with less firepower on their side. It's just a weird decision to take it. Suicide Squad is about sending them to do poo poo Amanda Waller wants to keep secret like assassinating some foreign dignitary or sending them against like an entire army of goons that should kill them. She would not deploy them to fight Darkseid on Apokalips.

Yes, I know the movie said she built them to fight Superman, but it was dumb when she said it and it's dumb now.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Nilbop posted:

Did anyone else get fired for pissing off the far right today?

Nah, I did it the old fashioned way and got canned for drinking on the job.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

site posted:

Do y'all think Ezra Miller had control over whether depp or whedon show up or something idgi

He doesn't have control per se but being one of the few positive things people talked about after JL, he has a lot more power than affect change on the company.

But yeah, I get Ezra can't do much at the end of the day, I'm more upset at WB for being awful and bringing a known abused wife's tormenter to the same event as her. Not sure what I expected though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

SonicRulez posted:

The Enchantress wasn't intended to be a mission of theirs though. And they were lucky to have a fire god??? on their side to help them. He's dead now. So now they're fighting someone who is arguably stronger with less firepower on their side. It's just a weird decision to take it. Suicide Squad is about sending them to do poo poo Amanda Waller wants to keep secret like assassinating some foreign dignitary or sending them against like an entire army of goons that should kill them. She would not deploy them to fight Darkseid on Apokalips.

Yes, I know the movie said she built them to fight Superman, but it was dumb when she said it and it's dumb now.

I mean, they ended up on Apokalips back in the 80s...

Entirely by accident, if I remember right, but still. There's a precedence for that happening.

Besides, I'd assume with a sequel, they'd be adding more members to the team, and there's no reason they can't add characters that would help against Black Adam.

• Locked thread