Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

That won’t happen. Federal judges are appointed for life.

There is an obvious solution to this :murder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My dad... yeah never mind.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My [19M] Christian girlfriend [23F] is thinking of breaking up because 'God told her to'

quote:

So, I noticed my partner of 2.5 years has been acting slightly off with me for the past week or so, I spoke to her about it and she said she feels really anxious about life and that a bunch of her friends have recently ended relationships so she is worried about ours and so on. So, last night she explains to me that she thinks God is telling her to break up with me because I'm not a Christian. We have made it work for the past 2.5 years, I've been to church but it's really not my thing, we both respect each others opinions but we both agreed she would not give up her faith and I would not become a Christian. She said we should both just think about it and see what happens. I just don't know what to do. I'm not going to become and Christian but I'm worried if we carry on this may come up again later in life maybe once we get married and have kids and it will be a much bigger issue then. Has anyone got any advice on what I should do or maybe talk to her about?

Tl;dr - My girlfriend of 2.5 years is considering breaking up with me because 'God told her to', not sure what my next move is.

Accept the breakup and LIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEE

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My [19M] Christian girlfriend [23F] is thinking of breaking up because 'God told her to'

Yeah, that’s a big red move-on flag life is waving in your face.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

it was gone within like 15 min lol but before that she was calling everyone in the comments who said they needed help from their parents after 18... "not proper adults" etc

I would love to see this exchange:

Commenter: I needed my parents a lot after I was 18.
Bitchmom: Well, you obviously weren't a proper adult
Commenter: YES! That's exactly my point!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

i knew a girl in college who told us that god told her she was destined to be a pop star. we stopped talking awhile after, so i'm not sure how that prophesy went.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Is my live-in fiancée [30F] right to want to get rid of perfectly-good, useful home appliances that I [26M] purchased with my ex-girlfriend [29F]?

quote:

Hello Reddit,

I've been with my fiancée over two years. We've lived together for one year, and have been engaged for seven months. Our wedding will be in January.

I am a systems analyst and my fiancée is a substitute teacher for elementary schools. She used to work three or four days a week (as a substitute teacher, she couldn't always get a job every day, Monday through Friday) and live with a roommate. Since we've started living together, and especially after we got engaged, she works generally one or two days a week as I do most of the supporting. Our long-term plan is that after we have children, she will be a stay at home mom. With her larger amount of free time, she generally takes care of the apartment and writes a self-published blog.

Okay, so my issue is that my ex-girlfriend, whom I was with for about a year and a half, also used to live with me in my apartment. We broke up on good terms after she came out as a lesbian (ouch, LOL) and we remain casual friends. She is now in a long-term relationship with a much older woman; I believe she is in her fifties. My fiancée knows about my former relationship and has met my ex on a few occasions around town.

Well, when my ex lived with me, I purchased several, expensive, high quality home appliances and products that we both used. Such as a cappuccino maker, a blender, a toaster, washing machine and dryer, fancy kitchen knives, etc. Altogether, these items represent several thousands of dollars.

When my ex and I broke up, even though I was the one who spent the money on the items, I asked her if she'd like to take anything with her when she moved out. She asked only for the Keurig coffee maker, which I replaced soon after she left with a similar machine.

My fiancée doesn't know exactly every single item in my apartment that I bought while I was still with my ex girlfriend, and up until recently, she appeared to have no issue in the slightest if she was using a machine that my ex had also been using.

For example, my fiancée loves the cappuccino maker, and so did my ex.

Well a couple of weeks ago when I come home from work, my fiancée asks me about every single appliance I have at home, and whether or not I purchased it when I was still with my ex. I thought it was a bit weird for her to ask me, but I played along and told her honestly which items I bought when me and the ex were still together.

My fiancée then told me that we needed to get rid of all these items.

I asked why, as these items are all high quality machines that cost a lot of money, and what's more, they're all in brand new condition.

My fiancée explained that she just doesn't feel comfortable using appliances that my ex touched. I said I understood, but also pointed out that she had been using the items for months now, and had no problem with them before.

She didn't want to discuss it further but just said that I needed to get rid of the items.

I honestly don't want to throw the items out, as they're all still good, nor do I want to give them away, and if I tried to sell them on Craigslist or Ebay, there's no chance I could get even a quarter of what I paid for them.

I make pretty decent money, but I don't like the idea of buying new appliances. I'm the sort of person who doesn't care much for brand names, but I do care about quality and making things last, hence I'll spend a couple of hundred dollars on a really good appliance that will last twenty years, versus the cheapest possible items at Walmart that might break down after a few months.

I don't get why my fiancée wants to get rid of the items all of a sudden. Even though I am not enemies with my ex, it's not like I ever talked her up or made her look like this amazing person to my fiancée. The only times I ever mention my ex is in direct, short answer to my fiancée's questions about her (my fiancée, on the other hand, is still Facebook or real-life friends with a couple of her exes, and I don't mind at all).

A couple of days after my fiancée told me I needed to get rid of all my old appliances, suddenly she is more sexual than usual. We'll usually do it three times a week, four times a week because I'm at work so much, but lately my fiancée wants to do it pretty much every day, and she's more aggressive than before, more vocal, louder. It's cool, but strange and unexpected compared to her former behavior. I'm not complaining about the sex, but at the same time I don't understand the sudden change.

Hoping Reddit can give me some advice and insight.

Thanks!

---------

__TLDR; fiancée wants for me to get rid of every appliance I purchased while I was still with my ex. Is this a reasonable request?__
Still using a blender you bought with your ex? How dare you!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If she's talking about like sex toys or, idk, sheets or even a mattress or the layout of the furniture, okay, out with the old and in with the new.

Blenders are not in the same category as sex toys for most of us

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Maybe she's a cenobite

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Haifisch posted:

Is my live-in fiancée [30F] right to want to get rid of perfectly-good, useful home appliances that I [26M] purchased with my ex-girlfriend [29F]?

quote:

My fiancée explained that she just doesn't feel comfortable using appliances that my ex touched. I said I understood, but also pointed out that she had been using the items for months now, and had no problem with them before.

Lol you jackass. She has no valid point and should not be humored on this. Tell her she's loving in the wrong.

quote:

A couple of days after my fiancée told me I needed to get rid of all my old appliances, suddenly she is more sexual than usual. We'll usually do it three times a week, four times a week because I'm at work so much, but lately my fiancée wants to do it pretty much every day, and she's more aggressive than before, more vocal, louder. It's cool, but strange and unexpected compared to her former behavior. I'm not complaining about the sex, but at the same time I don't understand the sudden change.

loving you super good to impress the microwave.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

I [43F] cheated and I don’t know how to handle my husband’s [48M] reaction

husband gay so what?

SirSamVimes posted:

That reaction makes me feel like she hit the nail on the head. Weird neighbour is repressing her sexuality and lashing out. :smith:

That or it's fake I guess.

I give even odds on the neighbour repressing and just being an rear end in a top hat.

snergle fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 22, 2018

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Haifisch posted:

Fiancee is some sort of appliance incel.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Haifisch posted:

She cheated.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

snergle posted:

husband gay so what?

Bold claim. Considering in the post she says he's still plowing her when he's bored, how do you figure?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

She's having an affair with his ex's toaster.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
He's gonna wake up one morning with his dick chopped off because his ex touched that too.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Odd posted:

Bold claim. Considering in the post she says he's still plowing her when he's bored, how do you figure?

he is hanging out sailing all day with single bros. maybe i should of said husband bi so what.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah, sudden intolerance of anything associated with previous partners followed by unexplained increase in libido...

or I dunno. is appliance-hating one of those early signs of pregnancy?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Two options:

1) Accept that what "God wants" is really what she wants, and that she wants to break up with you.

2) Knock her up. She's Christian, so abortion is a no-no. Then she'll be trapped with you "forever*"

*until the divorce

Rod Hoofhearted fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 22, 2018

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

snergle posted:

he is hanging out sailing all day with single bros. maybe i should of said husband bi so what.

That's what she's telling herself. Fact is, dude has his own apartment. It's a bang pad. He may hang out with the guys occasionally doing sports stuff, but he's spending most of his away time banging chicks that are younger and hotter than his wife, then coming home and banging the wife without showering/washing up since his last lay.

This dude is the getting back at his cheating wife in the most ice cold way possible.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, sudden intolerance of anything associated with previous partners followed by unexplained increase in libido...

Maybe she wants to toss it all so she can ask for all new crap for the wedding.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Most nights I eat dinner at a table my wife's ex gave us when he moved. It's a good table. I'd be stoked if he also gave us appliances.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sagebrush posted:

Alternative option: she has a mental illness and is entering a manic phase.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Alternative option: she has a mental illness and is entering a manic phase.

please, call it a maniac phase

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

How do I [58F] get rid of my daughter [18F]?

jeez :(

My grandparents waited until my mother went to uni at 18, told her she could come back for Christmas and summer and then moved house and didn't tell her.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ArbitraryC posted:

to be somewhat fair I moved out when I was 18, went off to college, and never really looked back. It's not really impossible.

So did I. That being said, I couldn't have done that without support from my parents when I was in a bind, especially here in the UK where going into my chosen profession was nigh on impossible without moving to the most expensive city in the country.

I'm not saying nobody can do it and this is just my anecdotal experience of life, but the generational spread of wealth is turbofucked in the UK right now and it has led to some spectacularly punitive bad outcomes for Millennials (and to an extent later Gen Xers) when it comes to fundamental things like the cost of rent. Spending not far off 50% of your paycheck just to have a roof above your head is depressingly common amongst people under the age of 30.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Anne Whateley posted:

If she's talking about like sex toys or, idk, sheets or even a mattress or the layout of the furniture, okay, out with the old and in with the new.

Blenders are not in the same category as sex toys for most of us

Agreed 100%

“You used this espresso machine after morning sex because you didn’t have time to wait in line at the bodega - it goes or I do!” - a crazy person

I think she just wants an excuse to redo the apt personally

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Haifisch posted:

Lesbian ex. Fiancee that wants all stuff from an ex destroyed. Is he Ross?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Darkhold posted:

Help, what is reading comprehension?

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

OP, 11 hours ago on /r/legaladvice posted:

MA, can someone get thier medical license in trouble if they had relationships with the spouse of the person they are treating?

My BIL just married a Medical professional who treated his sick dying wife(my sister). My sister died of cancer but during treatments, one of the female docs ended up dating her husband. I think it is unethical and unacceptable. My sister died and 2 years later last month my BIL and this lady got married. My sister left behind 2 beautiful kids who I just found out are being adopted by his new wife. My family is devastated and we think what his new wife did could and should affect her medical linsence.

quote:

You’re the guy who posted about wanting to stop an adoption because she’s a different race, aren’t you?

You can do nothing to this family legally. In fact, you are giving them a great reason to cut you off that will stand up to a judge. Leave them alone if you can’t leave them to move on.

:raise:

OP, 13 hours ago on /r/relationship_advice posted:

Brother in law’s new wife adopting my late sister’s 2 kids.

My brother in law and my sister were high school sweethearts, together since 15 yrs old. Married at 25, my sister had a brain tumor and died at age 35, leaving behind 2 kids age 3 and 6. BIL, decided to move on pretty quickly and 2 yrs later remarried a 27 yr woman. 10yrs younger than him. She is also African/ black; my niece and nephew are white. We were happy for them but now BIL just told us that his new wife will be adopting my late sister’s kids. Our family is very devastated and conflicted and trying to figure out how to put a stop to the adoption. Late Sister’s kids are the only little ones in our entire family. Any advice on how to prevent this from happening? The new wife is okay but there might be a cultural conflict especially because we swore to my sister that we will help raise her kids with her late husband. Now this new wife is in the picture and it is causing stress for my family.

:kingsley: black woman is trying to steal our precious aryan children :kingsley:

ofc OP gets extra racist in the comment sections of both threads

sounds almost too perfect to be true, but as always, I choose to believe this person actually exists

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Lol I want what's best for the kids so I'll try to prevent them from being adopted by a doctor.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Haifisch posted:

I could kind of understand if it was a hand engraved personalized item, something that makes you think of your ex every time you use it. But with her logic that could include everything, why not the apartment it self? Every article of clothing he owns?

Sagebrush posted:

Its interesting with the earlier story the cheating wife told her husband 'she wasn't sexual' and was cold to him, but I guess the opposite happens as well. I guess the key issue is sudden behavior change and accusations of cheating without there being a event to trigger it.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hellblazer187 posted:

Lol I want what's best for the kids so I'll try to prevent them from being adopted by a doctor.

and if they get married, I'll try to deny them her income by getting her fired

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Shnag posted:

I could kind of understand if it was a hand engraved personalized item, something that makes you think of your ex every time you use it. But with her logic that could include everything, why not the apartment it self? Every article of clothing he owns?

Well yeah that's the whole idea. First you convince him to get rid of the appliances, then sell the apartment, then his car because the ex rode in that too, etc. Then you one-up the ex. Better appliances, buy a house together, etc. Then when you get bored one-upping the ex you get rid of the only thing left she touched: the boyfriend. Then he is free to repeat the cycle with the next batshit insane chick but at least the sex is good.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Maybe she's a cenobite

What do cloistered clerics have to do with anything?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Haifisch posted:

Hope they are banging in the kitchen to show that skanky blender who's boss.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Darkhold posted:

;)

Shnag posted:

don't give her ideas! :ohdear:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Shnag posted:

Why not his dick? :ohdear:

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I know a chick who says God 'speaks' to her. She's pretty loving annoying in general, even outside the religious babble she spouts.

Like super loud hick accent and an over friendliness that makes your skin crawl. I feel bad for the gentleman she managed to sink her claws into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megallica
Nov 4, 2008

Oh god, my brain is full of BEES!!
Brother in law’s new wife adopting my late sister’s 2 kids. 

That's lucky for a recently widowed dad. The BIL probably knows and has known how toxic his in laws are. You can see the OP is already in the mental process of trying justify loving this family over.

Soon it will be "She's tainted a good christain white man and wants to corrupt our white children with her (racial slur) ways." :heritage: