Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Doodled a man with a condition he should see a trained medical professional about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Shinmera posted:

Fine, jeez! Have a midnight skedoodle
Awww, yis, draw erryday bud you came through for me! :haw::respek:

Shinmera posted:

I think setting a deadline could still help with that though, which is why I'd like to give it a try next time.
The biggest thing my Official Art Teaching taught me was 'try everything once, use what works and cut away what doesn't'. If it doesn't work, at least you'll know it doesn't, and you might learn why.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
done from a ref photo a friend took

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

this one was just to kind of play around with the same painting technique and is a lot more abstract

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

lofi posted:

Looks good, real subtle focus there. ;)

(Nice pu...cat... too :haw:)

Thanks, no clue what you're referring to though!!!

LOL anyway was a pretty fun life drawing session this week

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I been doodzing these in the star trek thread. star trek!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hail

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

lofi posted:

Awww, yis, draw erryday bud you came through for me! :haw::respek:

It's not like I didn't draw that day, it just wasn't anything I wanted to show! Anyway, nothing to show today either despite spending most of the day drawing -- finished three full pages of the comic and prepped all the others. Hopefully I'll get them all done tomorrow so I can post them in one go.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Radio du Cambodge posted:

Thanks, no clue what you're referring to though!!!

LOL anyway was a pretty fun life drawing session this week

Your line quality is on point. Nice work.

This was a very quick sketch based on someone else's painting.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Hermione Granger, who as we all know is black and has always been black.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Alright, took way longer than I initially thought, but the comic's done! Sorry in advance for the longpost.

And that's it. Thanks for reading!

Frown Town
Sep 10, 2009

does not even lift
SWAG SWAG SWAG YOLO

Doodled while waiting for some rain to clear so I can bike home from work.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Drew a Shaq Mool.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Gotta keep drawing, can't stop drawing.

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
I dig the flat, angular shapes and colors in that toy train drawing.

Here's a couple recent drawings, one commission and another just playing around with gestural lines.

edit:

one more

Propitious Jerk fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 26, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Shinmera posted:

Alright, took way longer than I initially thought, but the comic's done!

Well done! Now do another, and another, forever. :): There's a few weirdly anime plot beats, is that deliberate? I assume so, given your style and username.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Excuse the blurry pics in this timelapse but here is the process of that mural.

Timelapse of that mural

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 26, 2018

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Back on the wagon. Trying out some new papers, too.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Made some sketches tonight but they all landed in the digital trash can so I got nothing to show for it.

lofi posted:

Well done! Now do another, and another, forever. :): There's a few weirdly anime plot beats, is that deliberate? I assume so, given your style and username.

I don't know? You'd have to be more specific. I just wanted to write a weird story; a tree growing out of an apartment floor came to mind so I tried building around that.

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010

dupersaurus posted:

Back on the wagon. Trying out some new papers, too.

Yeah! What are you using for your print blocks? I'd like to get back to doing some traditional printing once I have more space and funds.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Propitious Jerk posted:

Yeah! What are you using for your print blocks? I'd like to get back to doing some traditional printing once I have more space and funds.

Baltic birch plywood is my current stash. I’ve also had luck with high quality basswood (aka not the stuff you find at michaels). Paper is mulberry and unryu.

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
Dang, those are pricey (for me). My dad used to (and still probably does) have a bunch of large 4 by 6 foot prints from an artist that used standard construction plywood. I have no idea how they actually pressed them but it might be fun to try something similar with a car.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Shinmera posted:

I don't know? You'd have to be more specific. I just wanted to write a weird story; a tree growing out of an apartment floor came to mind so I tried building around that.

poo poo, now you made me go and do an Effortpost! I stuck it in the comics thread, I figured this is a bit too much of an in-depth discussion for this thread.

Finally managed to crawl back to the beach and draw people after what seems an aeon of plague-ridden-deathbed:

Nothing special, but god it feels so good to be back out doing art again!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1022718713206906880

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Today: something that isn't just a sketch, whoa!

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/1022772311462739968

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Made a timelapse for the Amber Ox mural too.

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

Part of a collaborative effort that will be submitted to a small local zine.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

put a lot of work into this one so if anyone has some critique i'd appreciate it

Al! fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 28, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Not masses of critique beyond 'drat that is beautiful'. Uh... Maybe the monitor on the right is a little too high-vis? As-is, it grabs the eye a bit much, though I'm not sure how much of that is intended?

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Al! posted:

put a lot of work into this one so if anyone has some critique i'd appreciate it

Looks great overall but here's my input. If you are going to center a composition then commit to it. So I would push the camera in so the view is larger and straighten it out / center it up.
Floor should be a little lighter. It is hard to tell it is a floor except for the cables on the left. Maybe take out the floor and just have walls straight down instead with more ivy / cracked cement.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 29, 2018

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

sebmojo posted:

or draw a dick pic if you're an art, I guess? not sure if it works the same way...?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

not the escher we want, but the escher we deserve

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This could unironically go for a shitload of dollars in erotic art expositions.

Or even just regular galleries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010

Al! posted:

Has a great color pallet which sells the atmosphere. The bright green panel could be moved inward a bit if you'd like to keep it as a focal point. The perspective is off, you lose it the most with the top two rows of windows in the background which don't match the balcony.