Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Thank gently caress I don't have kids. I'd leave them places on purpose.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Some days are like that friend. Thankfully once they hit 18 you can leave them at a recruiting station.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Arc Light posted:

To maybe put this into terms familiar to other GiPpers, if you have an OPM security dude who usually secures the network, but sometimes lets China access it, that security guy is actually not amazing at his job. hth

So in this analogy there's multiple layers of kid detection systems, a 24/7 kid monitoring operations center, and a redundant kid as a hot standby if one kid dies in the car?

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Uh like dozens of people minimum walked past my car, why didn't any of THEM save my kid? loving scumbags I'm the victim here

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Listen to the interview, Page sounds like he's lying.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Surprisingly good article.

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1021054903890989056?s=19

quote:

"So I’m on the flight back, and I get an email from someone with the Mets asking, like, 'Oh, great job. Now we need to get all the families to sign these waivers, to waive the rights as licensees for the bracelets that these guys wore.' And I’m, like, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa, were not ... like, absolutely not.'

"They referred to them as 'license holders.' The families. And I'm, like, 'I think you mean parent of dead marine or soldier.' Patently offensive. And there was no way I was going to have them sign that and refused to do so. I wanted to know exactly whose bright idea this was and was going to give them a piece of my mind. And that ended it pretty quickly. And the next day was my last day there.

"They called me in and said, ‘You’ve done a great job here, really had a huge impact. You’ve also had a big impact on the veteran stuff with Major League Baseball, but your comments aren’t compatible with having a career in baseball. So we're going to have to part ways.’ "

The Mets fired him

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Midjack posted:

Listen to the interview, Page sounds like he's lying.

I have no doubt that he's lying about all sorts of things. The only thing I trust is the stuff that's been entered in to the courts because you have to draw the line and trust something at some point.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

psydude posted:

I see the militia thing getting stomped out pretty quickly by a Democrat-appointed AG. You may have some lone wolf stuff, but the FBI could easily roll everyone up if they felt like it, especially since most of them are relying on electronic communications.

If the whole Bundy thing was any indication, I think stomped out pretty quickly would quickly translate into "a big drawn out mess" in one form or another.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mlmp08 posted:

This is no big deal, guys, don't listen to the Department of "Justice"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1020978929736265729

Just...I want to be sure about this, so, just so I know I'm not taking crazy pills...he is twitter-making GBS threads here about the document just released that basically told Nunes to go gently caress himself sideways with a cactus and that Page really was a total foreign agent right? How...how...hold on I need to get a drink first...how does that prove the exact opposite of what it says?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Please do not murder your children.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Blacksploitation. Nerdsploitation. Vetsploitation.

I'm expecting the transgender community to get it next.

If big media can make money off you, they will.

:capitalism: :d2a:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
https://twitter.com/MAGAmom93829201/status/1020837607649898496

Finally, enterName has been brought to justice.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

bird food bathtub posted:

Just...I want to be sure about this, so, just so I know I'm not taking crazy pills...he is twitter-making GBS threads here about the document just released that basically told Nunes to go gently caress himself sideways with a cactus and that Page really was a total foreign agent right? How...how...hold on I need to get a drink first...how does that prove the exact opposite of what it says?

his supporters arent going to read the actual document, just what right wing media says about it

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Not sure who is more disgusting, military recruiting or major league sports.

quote:

I think it’s fair to say, if you’re an average fan watching Major League Baseball, you’re going to be, like, ‘Man these guys are really supportive of the military.’ "

This support, Nick says, does not exist within MLB. According to the league’s figures, only 10 of the league’s 5,000 employees are veterans.

quote:

In 2015, Republican Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake released the report “Tackling Paid Patriotism,” which criticized the deceptive, taxpayer-funded contracts between the Pentagon and virtually every pro sports league. In 2012, the New York Army National Guard paid the Buffalo Bills $250,000 to conduct on-field re-enlistment ceremonies. In 2014, the Georgia National Guard paid the Atlanta Falcons $114,000 to sing the national anthem. In 2015, the Air Force paid NASCAR $1.5 million in part for veterans to shake hands with racing legend Richard Petty. Your tax dollars. At work.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

EBB posted:

Fred Trump followed this advice in letter but not in spirit. Was it the right choice? The dharma answers.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

EBB posted:

Can't forget about kids you don't have.

I'm going to end up being the guy who's 40 and finds out the last girl I slept with before settling down with my then-girlfriend, now wife had a kid and didn't tell me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

EBB posted:

Looks like big child saftey is trying to tell me how to run my life

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Third World Reggin posted:

Looks like big child saftey is trying to tell me how to run my life

My religion doesn't allow children to have corrected vision, vaccines, antibiotics, sunscreen, public education, or permit me to staunch any bleeding.

Please respect my religious freedoms.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Sucks that all the other MAGAMOM names were taken.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

EBB posted:

"But...what if the turn out to be losers?"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

"But...what if the turn out to be losers?"

You use their very public divorce as entertainment.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

aphid_licker posted:

There's zero point in heaping moral judgement on people who suffered a one in a million brainfart that they will be feeling bad about for the rest of their lives

:shrug: I'm not going to seek them out and remind them.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

EBB posted:

Well, you won't let us murder anyone else's children, either. C'mon, throw us a bone here.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If you have a kid and the main thing on your mind is not 'is my kid safe' you are a poo poo parent.

"Forgetting" your kid in a car is 100% not excusable. Anyone that does it should be up for at a minimum, manslaughter.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah it could never loving happen to you.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

mod please change my name to witch hunt rigged, a scam!, i dont care if it's too long

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Literally nobody said it couldn't.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Fatal Distraction: Forgetting a Child in the Backseat of a Car Is a Horrifying Mistake. Is It a Crime?
http://wapo.st/SOwhu8

Never ever.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Godholio posted:

Literally nobody said it couldn't.

Look at ded's latest.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I guess i just never knew being called a baby killer was in reference to your own kids

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hot take incoming

https://twitter.com/Almightyvonzzus/status/1014641178531295233

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

Look at ded's latest.

I saw it, he never said it couldn't happen to him.

It doesn't matter if you are parent of the loving year, 8 years in a row. If your negligence leads to your child's death, YOU ARE A BAD PARENT. It doesn't really matter the method in which the child is endangered. If you leave them in a car, leave guns where they can gain access, put knives in their loving cribs, YOU ARE A BAD PARENT. Yes, it could happen to anyone. Yes, it could be an honest mistake. That doesn't change anything.

"I forgot to put my gun away" is not an excuse.
"I forgot to close the back door by the pool" is not an excuse.
"I forgot to get them out of the car" is not an excuse.

I'm genuinely baffled that anyone is disagreeing with this.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Wasabi the J posted:

Look at ded's latest.

go away bad dog

and please never have kids

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Like, if you leave your dog in the car and it dies pretty much everyone will agree you're a monster, but with kids I guess you get some sort of wiggle room that you just wouldn't understand unless you've gone through the journey of parenthood yourself

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

3 out of my 4 kids didn't get burned alive because I was thinking about work so I guess that makes me a better than average parent.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Having kids is a red flag of being a big r-word so no shocker sometimes they kill them due to reasons we can't understand

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

mods changed my name posted:

Like, if you leave your dog in the car and it dies pretty much everyone will agree you're a monster, but with kids I guess you get some sort of wiggle room that you just wouldn't understand unless you've gone through the journey of parenthood yourself

That said people who can't afford cars and end up raising their kids without one eliminate the risk of roasting their babies

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Suicide Watch posted:

That said people who can't afford cars and end up raising their kids without one eliminate the risk of roasting their babies

I forgot to take my kid out of the oven.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I think laying judgement on those whole lost their kids to some poo poo that they literally could not help doing is a poo poo thing to do.

Like, yeah I can agree to the point that godholio is making to an extent; and I understand the point that you're making.

I just think that judging a parent based on a single moment of collosal tragedy is being a judgemental prick and detracts from the larger conversation of how to prevent kids from dying.

"Just don't make any potentially fatal mistakes" seems like an unreasonable goal, even if the sentiment behind it is understandable.

idk I feel like that's a really unsustainable course of action. I'm honestly not going to belabor the point and argue about this poo poo with a bunch of parents.

I sincerely hope that you guys can understand what I'm getting at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
There are tons of practically unpreventable accidents. Especially when they get to the age where they can open doors and run around. But in the majority of those, they’re a mix of unfortunate timing and your kids own actions. No healthy parent is helicopering their 8 year old 24/7.

Locking your kid/dog in a car because of your own ignorance isn’t one of those.

• Locked thread