Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Accordion Man posted:

David Cage is a creep that kept his own personal scrapbook of photos of Ellen Page.

i like the article about that that portrays it as david cage's brilliant auteur thought process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah our GPS is garmin, we were given it by a friend tho and it served us pretty well up until now so it's just bleh that it hosed up so majorly

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dewgy posted:

So, Heavy Rain... what the gently caress was the point

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quantic Dream does really good tech for Sony and I think that's why David Cage keeps getting money.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

i like the article about that that portrays it as david cage's brilliant auteur thought process

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah our GPS is garmin, we were given it by a friend tho and it served us pretty well up until now so it's just bleh that it hosed up so majorly

Use Google Maps if you have a smartphone. Garmin's maps get outdated quickly and frequently and they cost an absurd amount of money to update.

Use it only if you're going to remote areas. Even then it still might get you into trouble though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Use Google Maps if you have a smartphone. Garmin's maps get outdated quickly and frequently and they cost an absurd amount of money to update.

Use it only if you're going to remote areas. Even then it still might get you into trouble though.

We've had way more trouble with google maps, though we also don't have a smart phone so what we'd have to do is print or write down the google map instructions before hand only to find out that the instructions were wrong/weren't clear or some road work messes it all up

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

We've had way more trouble with google maps, though we also don't have a smart phone so what we'd have to do is print or write down the google map instructions before hand only to find out that the instructions were wrong/weren't clear or some road work messes it all up

Yeah if you don't have a smartphone you're hooped :(

I guess one solution would be to confirm if the Garmin's destination/route is up to date via Google before you depart. That would at least help with nasty surprises like that.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 22, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL3_Hu6nHRU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
So I've been aching for a multi game where I can just log on and have some fun for half an hour or so but I guess the thing everyone is in right now is Fortnite? It's free so I might be willing to try it if there's isn't anything else I missed lately.

Will probably reinstall Titanfall2 anyway, tho.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Splatoon 2 is that game for me right now, but I don't know if you have a Switch

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Preferably on the Ps4 as I still have a GTX 750 on my PC

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dewgy posted:

So, Heavy Rain... what the gently caress was the point of that dream sequence? David Cage just wanted to pointlessly show a woman getting assaulted and murdered for no reason as her intro? :psyduck:

its because he wanted an excuse to model/mocap her naked and crying

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Decided to clear out some of my back log so I finished Strider 2014 since someone mentioned it a few days ago, it actually wasn't that bad. Once you get the teleport dash the movement and combat is pretty drat speedy but otherwise it's a middle of the road metroid-style game, though that feels kind of rare nowadays since it seems like a lot of metriodvanias go way harder on the 'vania side.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

glam rock hamhock posted:

Thank you. I'mma see Unfriended Dark Web (I really liked the original), Three Identical Strangers, Ant-Man and Wasp and Incredibles 2.

You should add Sorry To Bother You to the list imo. All good movies though.

Happy birthday!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Decided to clear out some of my back log so I finished Strider 2014 since someone mentioned it a few days ago, it actually wasn't that bad. Once you get the teleport dash the movement and combat is pretty drat speedy but otherwise it's a middle of the road metroid-style game, though that feels kind of rare nowadays since it seems like a lot of metriodvanias go way harder on the 'vania side.

Yeah I have no real issue with its moment to moment gameplay and it keeps a fast pace with good boss fights, but the level design is just pretty lacking for a metroidvania. I think they'd make a great more linear action platformer.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
getting caught in nightmare 3's weird mud web cage reminded me that i need to fill out the enemy attack book when i run through normal and hard again. thankfully i probably won't have to deal with that attack ever again since i managed to escape from it and beat him anyway. camera on nightmare 3 is maybe the worst in the game though jesus i think half of my deaths against all nightmares have been from an inability to see what attack they're doing and how to dodge it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SGF has been playing through this and it's kind of wild, Omikron is an extremely weird and super interesting game. What the gently caress happened, dave? You went from making cool games to garbage!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Omikron sucks rear end.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grapplejack posted:

SGF has been playing through this and it's kind of wild, Omikron is an extremely weird and super interesting game. What the gently caress happened, dave? You went from making cool games to garbage!

the world is interesting, the game isn't and sgf is really obviously getting more exasperated as he plays through it lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

it took me an hour to beat nightmare 3 because on top of dying twice when the boss was within an inch of death this was my camera for the entire time i was fighting it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have to go fight mundus now. wish me luck everyone

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

The Colonel posted:

i have to go fight mundus now. wish me luck everyone

Mundus 1 (the weird auto-scrolling space shooter bit) is pretty much the hardest part of any DMD run so, uh, have fun. God speed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adam Vegas posted:

Mundus 1 (the weird auto-scrolling space shooter bit) is pretty much the hardest part of any DMD run so, uh, have fun. God speed

he's pretty easy actually but maybe it's cause i played a lot of star fox 64

mundus 2 is a motherfucker though i don't think i can beat him with anything other than hours of practice

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

The Colonel posted:

he's pretty easy actually but maybe it's cause i played a lot of star fox 64

mundus 2 is a motherfucker though

Fair enough man, guess we had different experiences!
For Mundus 2, I found the best thing is to build up Devil Trigger and then just spam the charged fireballs.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good luck Colonel :patriot:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Leon A in Resident Evil 2 and got an B and the infinite Rocket Launcher - I'd have gotten an A with less First Aid Spray use. Gonna go ahead and go thru A again for a A, but I'm surprised how much I remembered in the game. Still an amazing game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Aw Yiss, Finally It Is a SoulCalibur Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4GkerHeBE

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah officially bumped.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I finished Iconoclasts, and I liked it a lot better by the end. The boss battles were a highlight, even if they were pretty easy on the default difficulty.

I'm not really sure how much it gained by being Metroidish - the crafting system ended up being kind of pointless and I never felt like I was missing out by not returning to old areas. It also felt like the game could be a bit 'loopy' lots of puzzles were designed to make you go all the way around a room, or multiple rooms, to solve them and it seemed kind of...inelegant, I guess.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I played enough Hollow Knight today and my wrist hurts for some reason so I couldn't really do much guitar practice.

Guess I'll just melt in this heat.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Kenshi

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Kenshi seems like it'll be interesting when its finished in 5 years.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

You should add Sorry To Bother You to the list imo. All good movies though.

Happy birthday!

Saw it Sundance with a Boots Riley Q+A and everything and yeah it rules

And thank you!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also apparently Sonic Mania Plus has a hidden sound test that if you play tracks in the right order activate cheat codes because of course it does

Man...remember cheat codes?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
valkyria chronicles 4 is out?! I didn't even realize it had a release date. :aaa:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Saw it Sundance with a Boots Riley Q+A and everything and yeah it rules

And thank you!

Badass

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Also apparently Sonic Mania Plus has a hidden sound test that if you play tracks in the right order activate cheat codes because of course it does

Man...remember cheat codes?

I remember some cheat codes for Sonic Adventure 1 that were listed on some of those cheat aggregate sites and they were dumb poo poo like "if you want to see Mighty the Armadillo, go to the burning master emerald shrine as Sonic and have him stand near the flames and he turns into Mighty!" and "You can find Shadow the Hedgehog in a tube next to Metal Sonic at the entrance to Final Egg!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

valkyria chronicles 4 is out?! I didn't even realize it had a release date. :aaa:

Not for another couple months in the rest of the world or for switch.

• Locked thread