Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Aramek posted:

Just leave that part of the outfit blank, that will show your actual equipped items.
Yea, but I dont want to use the equipment, I just want to use its look (LOTRO had that and it was awesome).
But I guess not.

Is there a way to preview motifs that I dont have in game? Im really bad at looking at the pictures on Eso Fashion and combining different parts to a snappy outfit in my head, and my princessing game really suffers from that.

I guess I could find stuff from traders and use the equipment preview addon, but since there is no way of filtering by motif thats not feasible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Nektu posted:

Yea, but I dont want to use the equipment, I just want to use its look (LOTRO had that and it was awesome).
But I guess not.

Is there a way to preview motifs that I dont have in game? Im really bad at looking at the pictures on Eso Fashion and combining different parts to a snappy outfit in my head, and my princessing game really suffers from that.

I guess I could find stuff from traders and use the equipment preview addon, but since there is no way of filtering by motif thats not feasible.

“U” to open collectibles, far right tab, make sure “show locked” is checked.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I was wondering about this. If motif is unlocked by account for outfit, does it even matter what you can craft? You just need the motif to look cool in the first place. Seems the whole thing is kinda superfluous for crafting gear now isn't it?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
If you want to craft for someone else. Other people need to look cool too.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Crafting for profit is kinda dead now anyway. Back in the day, being a master crafter was your gateway to moola. Now, mats are so drat cheap that I don't even want to bother charging people. Only thing worth the bones is nirnhoned weapons.

Muscadine Wine
Feb 13, 2009

DryGoods posted:

sorry for the dumb question, but does the :10bux: standard edition w/ morrowind chapter on the eso store still include the Warden? Is it just the dlc Morrowind in the crown store that's decoupled from the Warden class?

I thought it was separate now and website doesn't mention Warden, but read a few posts recently where buying online at their store/steam still unlocks the warden and I'm confused.

i have basic ESO imperial edition, I unlocked warden for 1500 crowns but it was buried deep the crown store

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BurningBeard posted:

I was wondering about this. If motif is unlocked by account for outfit, does it even matter what you can craft? You just need the motif to look cool in the first place. Seems the whole thing is kinda superfluous for crafting gear now isn't it?

Outfits were mainly done for Undaunted Monster Sets and dropped sets.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Hey now, we did outfits so that you could play princess dress up. At least, that's what I do with the system.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

doomfunk posted:

Hey now, we did outfits so that you could play princess dress up. At least, that's what I do with the system.

:same:

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Can I grab a guild invite? NA @MJBuddy

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

doomfunk posted:

It only coincidentally allows you to sell individual pieces of armor on the crown store :3:

(I love outfits, please ignore my cynicism :love:)

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
There's Psijic guar calves everywhere :3:

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Starshark posted:

There's Psijic guar calves everywhere :3:

why am i always a day behind these?

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
Me and some mates are thinking about reinstalling ESO, and I've got a handful of questions considering we haven't played in like 3 years.

Do you have to like, haul rear end across the world map if you're from different factions to group up? I also assume you're able to cross-faction group for PvE right from the get-go.
Is there a good site for builds? I'm interested in Earthen Heart DK but I remember the skill trees being really open and kinda hard to work out.
I see on the store that there's only the Summerset DLC for purchase, does the latest DLC also get you the previous ones a la FFXIV?
Are any of the funbux rewards worth spending money on?

edit: also what's the free to play system?

Banjo Kaczynski fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 19, 2018

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

pupuru posted:

Me and some mates are thinking about reinstalling ESO, and I've got a handful of questions considering we haven't played in like 3 years.

Do you have to like, haul rear end across the world map if you're from different factions to group up? I also assume you're able to cross-faction group for PvE right from the get-go.
Is there a good site for builds? I'm interested in Earthen Heart DK but I remember the skill trees being really open and kinda hard to work out.
I see on the store that there's only the Summerset DLC for purchase, does the latest DLC also get you the previous ones a la FFXIV?
Are any of the funbux rewards worth spending money on?

If you have Morrowind or Summerset you'll all end up in those zones. Otherwise you can just use the wayshrines to port to each other.

https://alcasthq.com/ has some good endgame builds, but when you're levelling just decide on magicka [class] or stamina [class] and level all your skills.
Don't level as tank :v:

Dunno if you get both expansions (Morrowind/Summerset), but you get all the dlc for free if you sub. Otherwise they cost funbux.

The banker and merchant are probably the most convenience you can get from the store. They're pricy though.

pupuru posted:

Subbing gives you unlimited space for crafting resources, +10% xp, +10% crafting xp (inspiration), +10% crafting research speed, +10% gold, free access to all dlc, a funbux stipend and double bank space.

Lima fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 19, 2018

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

pupuru posted:

Everything Lima mentioned, but also a sense of pride and accomplishment (I think it doubles the amount of transmute crystals you can hold as well, to 200)

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

Lima posted:

Don't level as tank :v:

even if I'm consistently playing with 2-3 others? If so that's a bummer. What class trees (of any class) offer really good party utility outside of just heals?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

you could probably get by leveling as a tank If You Must just by putting on five pieces of medium armor instead of heavy (though it wont make any difference unless you have the passives)

for overland stuff its not really going to be a big deal, and then just swap to at least five pieces of heavy armor for group stuff

hopefully you got a class with a good spammable though cause puncture and low slash arent going to be great damage outputs, or utilize the psijic imbued weapon ability if you got summerset

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

zjentohlauedy posted:

why am i always a day behind these?
I'm guessing ZOS didn't credit you the day lost when the daily reward system bugged out earlier that month.
I'm also on the same boat and are going to have to wait tomorrow to get mine.

HeliTurtle
Sep 13, 2008
Can I grab an invite to the NA guild thing? Username is @HTurtle

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

HeliTurtle posted:

Can I grab an invite to the NA guild thing? Username is @HTurtle

So close to be a Brazil reference it hurts, but I invited you anyway.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/1020703741945819136

lol

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I have told people many times, if you don't think you want to end up having to sub, do not try it. The crafting bag will instantly get into your veins.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

https://twitter.com/VycDarkshadow/status/1020704609088753665

megalol

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Throw that loser down the stairs.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

What the everloving gently caress. Also what does he mean about having to go home? It's all automagical! That's what makes it so addictive!

Edit: this is surely a troll. I'm contorting my mind to try to figure out what possible problem he could have with it and it just doesn't work. Reading his other replies he seems to think gear goes in there too or something??

NLJP fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 22, 2018

notanewfag
May 13, 2008
@tyrista

i don't know poo poo and have no idea what guilds do

Please be my internet friends

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I apologize for anything bad I may have said about DPS mag warden in the past. I still wouldn't recommend it to a new player, but it can work well, offers more possibilities than I originally thought, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. It allowed me to do this gimmick build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsrKJ957q3M

Behold, the most ice-centric build you can have without being a tank. No frost staff, of course, but I'm using both the Iceheart and Winterborn armor sets, using Force Pulse as my spammable because Winterborn procs from cold damage abilities, and getting as much offensive use out of the Winter's Embrace tree as I possibly can (Winter's Revenge, Arctic Blast, Permafrost ultimate). It works well enough that I can just wander up to a random group boss I've never fought before and be reasonably confident I can solo it on my first try. (I'm a vampire and this boss uses fire attacks, so it was a bad choice, but I still made it, using only one potion.)

Sustain problems could probably be mitigated by going with Northern Storm instead of Permafrost and actually remembering to resummon Blue Betty. I'd also like to have Ice Meteor at some point, but ugh, lorebooks.

I like this character so much, I got him a mount to match his outfit. :toot:

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jul 22, 2018

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

switched to 2 handed on my stamplar cause i got bored of dual wield and drat is the damage boost insane. i can easily wipe out anything in normal quests/delves but will 2 handed work in dungeons? right now im running full gryphons and night mothers embrace with a few defilers pieces. any other sets i should be looking for? i was thinking of swapping gryphons for sword singers for the big damage boost for 2 handed.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Are warden tanks viable these days? Seems like a lot of reddit chatter says no, but then that's reddit.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Ossipago posted:

Are warden tanks viable these days? Seems like a lot of reddit chatter says no, but then that's reddit.

Unless something drastic has changed on the PTS, yes, very much so.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

ASenileAnimal posted:

switched to 2 handed on my stamplar cause i got bored of dual wield and drat is the damage boost insane. i can easily wipe out anything in normal quests/delves but will 2 handed work in dungeons? right now im running full gryphons and night mothers embrace with a few defilers pieces. any other sets i should be looking for? i was thinking of swapping gryphons for sword singers for the big damage boost for 2 handed.

Good news, Stamplar is the one thing that 2H works super well for, because JABS JABS JABS.

nightonthesun
Apr 23, 2002
Can I get an invite NA @mir901? Thanks~

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Let's be honest here:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Aramek posted:

Good news, Stamplar is the one thing that 2H works super well for, because JABS JABS JABS.

There a build for 2H Templar or is it just do whatever you want? Thinking about switching back so Magitemplar wont become stale as i crawl up to CP 160

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Fargin Icehole posted:

There a build for 2H Templar or is it just do whatever you want? Thinking about switching back so Magitemplar wont become stale as i crawl up to CP 160

Step 1: Take Jabs. Take some other skills.

Step 2: End up only using Jabs.

Step 3: Get kind of tired of Jabs, but still have an amazing amount of fun. Continue to Jab.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Coldforge posted:

Step 1: Take Jabs. Take some other skills.

Step 2: End up only using Jabs.

Step 3: Get kind of tired of Jabs, but still have an amazing amount of fun. Continue to Jab.

can confirm this is true.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
What's the etiquette on the Trade guild? I've been taking a lot of stuff for deconstruction, but I haven't put anything in and I don't know what I can put in there. I kinda wanna give back, if I can.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The general rule is "don't be a dick and clear out the bank." If you have spare gear or collected gear from playing just deposit it into the bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

JackBadass posted:

Let's be honest here:

the unfortunate reality is this is all pretty much on steam's end and steam notoriously doesn't give a poo poo about anything

edit: full disclosure templar is my least favorite class cause i dont like jabs