Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
No, i'm not desperate at all. I just like the idea of trying to get as much value out of this stuff as I'm able. I mean, I can afford it and my wife doesn't mind at all, but I don't want this to turn into a $200 per month hobby you know what I mean?

However if smoking the resin ends up creating a negative thought cycle anytime I'm about to do it, I'll just ditch that and go back to slightly more moderation but zero "ugh I guess I'll do this even though it's disgusting" considerations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean if you like it go for it, I'm not trying to create an air of scumminess about it, it's more the health aspect. It's not really that efficient, and keep in mind that a good chunk of what's in there is combustion byproducts and other nasty stuff. When I was scraping tons of resin it definitely made my lungs feel like poo poo.

Tbh if you're already vaping and saving the abv weed for cooking that's already much more efficient than your average daily bowlsmoker.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Do kids today even stuff the chambers of their metal pipes with roaches to let them marinate so they can smoke big nasty roach bowls when they run out? Smdh

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I mean if you like it go for it, I'm not trying to create an air of scumminess about it, it's more the health aspect. It's not really that efficient, and keep in mind that a good chunk of what's in there is combustion byproducts and other nasty stuff. When I was scraping tons of resin it definitely made my lungs feel like poo poo.

Tbh if you're already vaping and saving the abv weed for cooking that's already much more efficient than your average daily bowlsmoker.

Nah, I get it. I'm sure most if not all of you guys are more familiar with these things than I am so I take the suggestions to mean more than my newbie ideas do.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It probably took me about year into smoking before I realized that no matter how desperate I am, resin is just too awful. I judge the poo poo out of resin smokers. Shame!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I went to the dispensary yesterday and got some edibles and man the cookie kicked my rear end and it was really great.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I didn't clean my pipe for a while and was basically feeling sick 10-15 minutes after every bowl. Realized I was probably getting a ton of resin with every hit, cleaned it, feel a lot better.

But yeah I'll smoke some resin if the times are hard. Haven't needed to since college though.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

el B posted:

It probably took me about year into smoking before I realized that no matter how desperate I am, resin is just too awful. I judge the poo poo out of resin smokers. Shame!

How’s your room at the four seasons?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
There’s only 2 kinds of weed in my book. There’s schwag and there’s the good kind of schwag where someone stuffed a few slices of white bread in with the pound to keep it nice and moist.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i smoked a ton of resin when i lived in pittsburgh in the late 90's and early 00's because the whole town would just go dry from time to time. the last 10 years ive been in nyc and california so no need

though i would not be surprised to walk into a dispensary in like 5 years and see some kind of retro themed "second generation joint" or a lovely metal pipe prefilled with somehow fake-aged resin that comes with a unbent paper clip as a "Gen X Stoner Pack" for $45

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

The_dude_abides posted:

I still can't believe that in 12 weeks, weed is going to be legal in Canada. Seems surreal. As someone who has never been given a choice of more than two strains before and just went with the stronger smelling one, what is buying from a bud tender like in a dispensary? Is it like I think it is, like "Hey, I'm looking for a creative, euphoric high without too much couch lock, what would you recommend?" Any tips from people who have bought from them before? Was the amount of choice overwhelming?

At the beginning of legalization, there are generally a whole lot of lovely budtenders who don't know crap. So take anything they say with a grain of salt. Once things start working themselves out, in about a year, budtenders will be hit-or-miss, but there will likely be quite a few good ones that can make good recommendations.

I don't know about up there, but in the US, the website / app Weedmaps is used by most dispensaries. You can go online and see what they have in stock before you go, and then you can read about that particular strains effects on Leafly. It's also awesome because it lets you compare prices between dispensaries before you decide where you want to go.

I am also a ”sampler,” and I definitely do the thing where I buy several strains in a single gram to figure out what I like. But I also have the tolerance of a baby, so a gram goes a long way for me.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mnemosyne posted:

At the beginning of legalization, there are generally a whole lot of lovely budtenders who don't know crap. So take anything they say with a grain of salt.

unless you are in BC where weed has been so normalized for so long. the people who work Vancouver dispensaries definitely know their poo poo and have for quite some time before official legalization

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
made the executive decision to stay high all day today after burning out this week at work so

it's pretty nice

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

And here all I can do is my CDB drops. Make the poo poo legal already Texas. :argh:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Come to colorado and go to fancy weed stores with beebongs

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

smoked an incredible amount with my friend from out of town last weekend and im taking a nearly two week break until my gf goes up to the northeast for a wedding and I'll have an entire weekend to myself

that means a ton of bowls + avb edible for two days straight lmao, my tolerance resets pretty fast (I only smoke maybe 2 maybe 3 times a week on average, fast metabolism, exercise a lot) so I fully expect to be loving tripping balls and will probably be documenting the day

anyone got any good ideas for some avb stuff that isn't just mixing it in a peanut butter spread or something

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Good soup! posted:

smoked an incredible amount with my friend from out of town last weekend and im taking a nearly two week break until my gf goes up to the northeast for a wedding and I'll have an entire weekend to myself

that means a ton of bowls + avb edible for two days straight lmao, my tolerance resets pretty fast (I only smoke maybe 2 maybe 3 times a week on average, fast metabolism, exercise a lot) so I fully expect to be loving tripping balls and will probably be documenting the day

anyone got any good ideas for some avb stuff that isn't just mixing it in a peanut butter spread or something

Mayo is pretty good. Make an oil first then just make the mayo like you normally would. Smokes rough though. I’d definitely use water.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Good soup! posted:

grind it down to a fine powder and snort it

have your weed bro shove it down his urethra before you make love :glomp:

I've never tried making cannabutter with avb but i'm sure it'll give you some acceptable levels of thc so give that a try

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
what's avb?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tendai posted:

what's avb?

the leftover weed from vaping

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ohhh

I have like drat near a cup of that that's been sitting in an airtight container because I need to figure out what to do with it

has to be something that won't make the house smell like weed at all (I live under the head of the hoa)

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Tendai posted:

Ohhh

I have like drat near a cup of that that's been sitting in an airtight container because I need to figure out what to do with it

has to be something that won't make the house smell like weed at all (I live under the head of the hoa)

Give it to a homeless man.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tendai posted:

what's avb?

Already Vaped Bud

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tendai posted:

Ohhh

If it's already been vaped you can literally just mix it with peanut butter and eat it on a graham cracker or whatever, no cooking necessary

that's what I usually do (and am about to do right now actually)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nickhimself posted:

No, i'm not desperate at all. I just like the idea of trying to get as much value out of this stuff as I'm able. I mean, I can afford it and my wife doesn't mind at all, but I don't want this to turn into a $200 per month hobby you know what I mean?

Do what you want - but imo you're going to change your mind on this in short order. I'm not trying to judge or say ahh you're a bad person at all, I'm just saying that poo poo is disgusting tasting, smears/sticks everywhere, and prone to giving headaches and hacking coughs.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Snow Cone Capone posted:

If it's already been vaped you can literally just mix it with peanut butter and eat it on a graham cracker or whatever, no cooking necessary

that's what I usually do (and am about to do right now actually)
Huh really? I had no idea. Time to try this.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I've tried putting AVB in smoothies. It gave me horrendous weed farts and got me so high I had to go to sleep. Then I tried a pressure cooker method, mixing it with olive oil in a mason jar and straining it afterwards, then making cupcakes. That worked alright but it takes a while and wasn't very strong. Is it possible to make AVB tincture?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

AWWNAW posted:

I've tried putting AVB in smoothies. It gave me horrendous weed farts and got me so high I had to go to sleep. Then I tried a pressure cooker method, mixing it with olive oil in a mason jar and straining it afterwards, then making cupcakes. That worked alright but it takes a while and wasn't very strong. Is it possible to make AVB tincture?

I've made tinctures with AVB. They taste bad but they work

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Made a tincture too, I called it Chill Juice. Was very good, mostly just a relaxer. I used polish rectified spirit but everclear would be fine too. Next time I’d really pack the abv and then just take via dropper in 0.5 ml increments to tolerance.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

AWWNAW posted:

I don't know how much olive oil you used (or how long you cooked it), but I do it in the crock pot in a mason jar all the time. I generally use 1 Tablespoon of AVB to 4 Tablespoons of coconut oil, or whatever oil you choose. I also cook it for around 12 - 18 hours on the low setting on the crock pot. I'm not sure how much using the pressure cooker would speed it up.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

If you have a keurig and a re-usable pod, you can put in a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil and a tablespoon of finely-ground AVB mixed in along with the coffee grounds when you go to brew a cup. French press is also suitable. It works better with a drip coffee machine, but messier to clean out due to the oil. The high ranges from a mild buzz to a joint-level.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Out of weed. The world is a poo poo filled toilet

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I've made tinctures with AVB. They taste bad but they work

How do you do this?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

nickhimself posted:

How do you do this?

Put the AVB in a jar with some alcohol, put that jar in a slow cooker or pot of boiling water for some hours, then strain as necessary.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I just left mine in the fridge for a couple weeks, making sure to shake it once and awhile.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
I made some really sketchy and probably hosed up coconut-canna-oil with 1/2 oz of avb and will probably be making it into ice cube tray peanut butter+chocolate cake pops at some point this week. Will give trip report ASAP.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

plape tickler posted:

Out of weed. The world is a poo poo filled toilet

The world is a vampire

Sent to drain

:(

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Scornful Sexbot posted:

I just left mine in the fridge for a couple weeks, making sure to shake it once and awhile.

Yeah, it's not that complicated a process. I got a plenty effective tincture by covering a couple grams of AVB in Everclear for three hours.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Modern Leper posted:

Yeah, it's not that complicated a process. I got a plenty effective tincture by covering a couple grams of AVB in Everclear for three hours.

It was neat and this thread inspired me. Thanks thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I just read up on making tinctures and wow it's easy. Time to buy a bottle of everclear or 151