Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Let's make it the next Goon Project to totally troll this guy and buy orders of nothing over and over again. It'll be funnier and less wasteful than doobie's dog house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Request changing the thread title to “AliExpress! This is a mistake”

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
For some reason, searching for men's underwear has caused the app to suggest a lot of different kinds of she-wee for me.

Like their algorithm shows that I'm female and thinks that search was a sign of penis envy and it's just showing me the only thing I really miss out on by not having a penis.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

A little while ago I expressed interest it getting shoes. I got some cheap ones. $22 cheap.

Surprisingly, they’re ok. They’re suspiciously light and I may have to glue a replacement sole on them after a few months but considering I usually just wear cheap canvases anyway they’re a fun variation and look cool imo.

http://s.aliexpress.com/NreQ36Jr

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A SCUD charger, just what I need for a ticket to gitmo.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

A SCUD charger, just what I need for a ticket to gitmo.

Obviously short for scuderia.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Bummey posted:

huh?

Oh, uhh, okay.

Drink it! Drink it! Drink it!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Bored posted:

For some reason, searching for men's underwear has caused the app to suggest a lot of different kinds of she-wee for me.

Like their algorithm shows that I'm female and thinks that search was a sign of penis envy and it's just showing me the only thing I really miss out on by not having a penis.

Yeah, thanks to my searches for men's underwear my aliexpress account thinks I'm gay. It's reccomended numerous confusing variations of fashionable jock straps with little puffs of air emenating from the front.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Rad-daddio posted:

Yeah, thanks to my searches for men's underwear my aliexpress account thinks I'm gay. It's reccomended numerous confusing variations of fashionable jock straps with little puffs of air emenating from the front.

I’ve seen these! I don’t know what they’re hinting at, but it sure is hilarious.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Good Sphere posted:

I’ve seen these! I don’t know what they’re hinting at, but it sure is hilarious.
You can order steaming hot cocks from them

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

Sex Robot posted:

A little while ago I expressed interest it getting shoes. I got some cheap ones. $22 cheap.

Surprisingly, they’re ok. They’re suspiciously light and I may have to glue a replacement sole on them after a few months but considering I usually just wear cheap canvases anyway they’re a fun variation and look cool imo.

http://s.aliexpress.com/NreQ36Jr

You know what I'd really like to find? Pencil shoes, like ripoffs of the expensive Jeffrey Campbell ones. I haven't found any on AE yet, but if anyone sees anything like this, post a link. Thanks. :-)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
You know all the listings like this for zipper packing cubes (Travel Organizer Make Up Functional Bag Clothing Luggage Packing Cubes Travel Storage Bag Women Cosmetic Case)? https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32874210949.html

Has anyone seen one for JUST the cubes on the left, not the flat pouches?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anne Whateley posted:

You know all the listings like this for zipper packing cubes (Travel Organizer Make Up Functional Bag Clothing Luggage Packing Cubes Travel Storage Bag Women Cosmetic Case)? https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32874210949.html

have you checked amazon? A lot of times its the same stuff for the same prices as aliexpress.

Search luggage cubes

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Anne Whateley posted:

Comparing Aliexpress sales to Amazon standard prices, the price difference was enough that you could throw away the flat pouches and still be ahead.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spog posted:

Comparing Aliexpress sales to Amazon standard prices, the price difference was enough that you could throw away the flat pouches and still be ahead.

you gotta go a few pages back to get past the private label chinese junk and buy the chinese label chinese junk

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I have no reason to get them on Amazon, I don't care if they take a month to get here. I just want cubes only, at those sweet sweet aliexpress prices. Amazon does have some similar cubes but a set is like $20-35

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Travel organization things:

http://s.aliexpress.com/jANny6r6

http://s.aliexpress.com/EBz6ZRVZ

http://s.aliexpress.com/bYZriIVf

Also I really like this makeup bag for traveling:

http://s.aliexpress.com/MrUzAzya

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Good Sphere posted:

I think it's supposed to indicate that they're breathable. Not only that, but their attempts to trip every search engine ends up giving their underwear frightening names:

"gay sexy thong man back strapless large xx breathable 100% nubile erotic fabric"

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Thanks! Link #3 is the standard six-pack with 3 cubes and 3 pouches, but link #1 is perfect. I actually have the standard six-pack and it's good for traveling, it's just not what I'm looking for right now. Tl;dr I'm trying to organize and sort my sluttier lingerie and get it into a storage bin (already bought from the container store, transparent), which is why I wanted opacity, and cubes to avoid smushing bras.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.

Cosmic Web posted:

Yet to test/use:
A replacement shell for my Switch case and two for my Joycons.

big interested in how this turns out

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For the joycons, don't replace the middle grey part, it's the worst part by far. Just the front and back shell look perfect, tue little slip between the shoulder buttons doesn't warrant the extra 30 minutes each of fiddling and breaking stuff. I've done two sets.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
im so drat scared to crack open my switch, is there a service where you can pay some other goon to do it for you?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Etsy has tons, but it's spendy.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Finally, some sandals for me.

Socks so you can represent your favourite shipping company.

You know, if it wasn't so unsaturated, I'd consider it. #hipstertrash

An entire sewing machine, battery powered? Only $20!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/neuAVnM7

I. AM. GRUNT!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Oh gently caress these things forever. I used to have something similar and somehow the quality is even cheaper than you could ever possibly imagine. They sell for around the same price in retail stores over here so it's not like you're even saving money by getting it from Ali.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Bees on Wheat posted:

Oh gently caress these things forever. I used to have something similar and somehow the quality is even cheaper than you could ever possibly imagine. They sell for around the same price in retail stores over here so it's not like you're even saving money by getting it from Ali.

Yeah. I have one similar to that, but it actually plugs into the wall. It works just fine for re-hemming pants. But I live in Texas, so everything I own is pretty light material. I think it was 18 bucks with Amazon prime. It also came with a foot pedal.

I had to fashion a little plug thing to keep the spool from jumping off its perch so that tension would remain constant.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Bored posted:

Look what I found on AliExpress

I have one of those! It's cute and the brush is v. good at cleaning gross stains from the toilet.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

cyberia posted:

I have one of those! It's cute and the brush is v. good at cleaning gross stains from the toilet.

I included the link since I liked it. Dressing up the a toilet brush so that it doesn't seem as gross is a good idea, imo.

But not in a, like, putting it in a dress and attaching fake eyelashes kind of way. I was also kind of grossed out by those crocheted doll tissue covers that everyone's grandmother made for them when I was younger.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Does anyone have a link for the TriceraTACO taco holder? They are on amazon for 12 bucks but I’m sure they must be on Ali somewhere too, just don’t know what to look for.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Does anyone have a link for the TriceraTACO taco holder? They are on amazon for 12 bucks but I’m sure they must be on Ali somewhere too, just don’t know what to look for.

So far, I've only found a Brontosaurus papertowel holder.

http://s.aliexpress.com/vmUnQFJn

And lots of dinosaur ladles

Bored fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 23, 2018

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:

Good Sphere posted:

Someone suggested to buy a Strandbeest kit, so I bought 3. Thanks, it was fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icOMfXcvEWY
(Not sure why the YouTube embed isn’t working)

http://s.aliexpress.com/77RVru2e

The English on the instructions is awful, but with the pictures it’s easy enough to figure out.

I tried to order 3 of this listing and the seller messaged, saying they were out of stock and to cancel the order using 'other reason'. The listing is still available. What manner of scamminess are they up to?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Ordered something for ~$300 and they said it'd take 10 days to ship it out, less than two weeks later it arrived and still isn't marked as shipped.

If I just quietly ignore it Ali will refund me, but then I'll feel bad

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

Hoplosternum posted:

I tried to order 3 of this listing and the seller messaged, saying they were out of stock and to cancel the order using 'other reason'. The listing is still available. What manner of scamminess are they up to?

Same. denied my attempt to cancel when I set the reason to that it was out of stock. Given that it is in stock from the same seller for a higher price I guess that it is an attempt to avoid penalties for not fulfilling the order by having the customers cancel. Personally I'm going to leave it as if it is not shipped within a few more days it will automatically cancel. I'm interested to see if it is shipped or not.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

norp posted:

Ordered something for ~$300 and they said it'd take 10 days to ship it out, less than two weeks later it arrived and still isn't marked as shipped.

Yeah that's just flat out theft buddy.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

cakesmith handyman posted:

Yeah that's just flat out theft buddy.

Like I said, id feel bad!

The best I can do is continue extending their processing time and send them a message

Edit: turns out they shipped it on Thursday and the AliExpress site must have had some issues, I'm certain I checked the status on Saturday and it still said waiting for shipping. The email just got missed in between all the Amazon shipping advices from prime day

norp fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jul 23, 2018

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think they'd automatically refund it anyway, you'd probably need to actively complain first.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

It probably just auto-disputes it when the timer counts down to zero

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

norp posted:

If I jack this car I'll be ever so sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU