Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

AtomikKrab posted:

I read that, Awwww poo poo

So the stingray stole everyone else and the bracelet as well?

Just the bracelet, everyone else got dropped off at different locations of the train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Just a note, the "choice" thing was weirdly translated. It's possible that choosing one doesn't mean you don't have to do the others, just that as you choose you eventually lose your choice as you no longer have options.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 2, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The blog seems to say that there is going to be a break soon

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-309/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=390

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
lol Rachel

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The tears of a True Leader surely have power.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I was not expecting anything relating to Arvin Lou.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Oh poo poo's about to get real real. Also, every single time I see some dude who looks completely different from everybody else, I'm reminded how varied the inhabitants of the Tower are. BTW that was an extremely harsh way to classify information, jeez.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Gologle posted:

Oh poo poo's about to get real real. Also, every single time I see some dude who looks completely different from everybody else, I'm reminded how varied the inhabitants of the Tower are. BTW that was an extremely harsh way to classify information, jeez.

Yeah. I'm a big fan of when we get something alien walking around.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-310/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=391

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I would be 100% down for this being the start of the Punished Baam, a fallen legend.

EDIT: I'll admit, a primal joy awoke inside me when Baam said Rak couldn't face Rachel, not because Rachel had to be protected, but because Rak couldn't face Rachel alone

Gologle fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 16, 2018

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I am a big fan of mad Baam. Go on, little demigod, make some havoc.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
She sure managed to pick a great time to finally piss him off. A pity that everyone on the train being marked for death will probably get in the way of this being spelled out clearly in crazy Shinsoo attacks.

Also, watch Jahad start a loving war :rolleyes:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

Also, watch Jahad start a loving war :rolleyes:

2 wars, even!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I can't wait to see baam punch jahad in the face

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The hidden floor makes no loving sense. Wouldn't watching the footage also erase his memory and make him just be like yo what happened to Khun or did he watch it twice and is just mad out of principles

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Coffee Mugshot posted:

The hidden floor makes no loving sense. Wouldn't watching the footage also erase his memory and make him just be like yo what happened to Khun or did he watch it twice and is just mad out of principles

He literally said when he handed the recording over 'maybe since you were an error and opened the door yourself you wont forget like everyone else'. In this very chapter.

It is another instance of Baam breaking the otherwise pre-established rules of the setting.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Also maybe the full wipe of the hidden floor messed with some stuff

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I feel like it's more likely to be that, yeah. The Hidden Floor doesn't exist any more, so it can't really delete your memories about itself at this point.

It could also just be Baam being Baam, I guess, though.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

There's really no reason why the mindwipe would still happen when they already brought up all the other rules of the Hell Train no longer apply.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-311/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=392

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

That shot of Ha Jingsung after the blast is just great. It looks like the eye of an administrator or something at first.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I wonder if Rachel is Arlene's sister and was forced to babysit Baam.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

endorsi is really confident she can beat white

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Jose posted:

endorsi is really confident she can beat white

Comes with being a Jahad Princess.

To be fair, I give White poor odds due to being within 1000km of Bam.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

And to think I felt bad for White when he couldn’t even hope to run away from a Family Head.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"waaaahh why does nobody love me" Rachel cries as she stabs a sleeping baby in its cradle, "aaaaaa life is so unfair to me"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Rachel is both unsympathetic and sympathetic at the same time. SIU does very good character work.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Yesh posted:

I wonder if Rachel is Arlene's sister and was forced to babysit Baam.

I don't think Rachel is immortal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you'd think urek would be extremely keen to learn that arlene found a way out of the tower

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Jose posted:

you'd think urek would be extremely keen to learn that arlene found a way out of the tower

I'm not sure that having a stated goal means that Urek is capable of focusing on it for longer than what appears to be an attention span measured in Planck time.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's a shame he wasn't dragged into the war somehow as a named person

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Jose posted:

It's a shame he wasn't dragged into the war somehow as a named person

I guess Jahad just doesn't really care about him and he doesn't really care about Jahad

Two of the strongest people in the whole tower consider each other basically irrelevant

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Shugojin posted:

I guess Jahad just doesn't really care about him and he doesn't really care about Jahad

Two of the strongest people in the whole tower consider each other basically irrelevant

That's not entirely the case, if I understand correctly. Leaving the Tower is kind of a way of having a radical, progressive goal without making the Wing Tree an explicit enemy of Jahad and the 10 families. They're often compared to FUG, albiet in the context of being similar but relatively acceptable.

Even advocating advancement to the next floor is the policy of the most progressive of the three rulers, while the most conservative is in power currently. Also it's been a very long time since Jahad gave an order, so he hasn't gave a poo poo about anything for what, thousands of years? Whereas Urek has found a way to challenge the status quo without starting a war in a place where he's ultimately a visitor. That will probably change now that Jahad is stirring things up.

We also don't really know how they compare, at all. Urek is ranked higher because Jahad hasn't done anything since long before Urek entered the Tower. Of course, once he feels challenged, that will be enough for Urek to want to compete with Jahad.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't think Rachel is immoral.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

We also don't really know how they compare, at all. Urek is ranked higher because Jahad hasn't done anything since long before Urek entered the Tower.

Urek is ranked one spot below Zahard. The only people who outrank him are Phantaminium and Enryu, for what we know are obvious reasons.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

That's not entirely the case, if I understand correctly. Leaving the Tower is kind of a way of having a radical, progressive goal without making the Wing Tree an explicit enemy of Jahad and the 10 families. They're often compared to FUG, albiet in the context of being similar but relatively acceptable.

Even advocating advancement to the next floor is the policy of the most progressive of the three rulers, while the most conservative is in power currently. Also it's been a very long time since Jahad gave an order, so he hasn't gave a poo poo about anything for what, thousands of years? Whereas Urek has found a way to challenge the status quo without starting a war in a place where he's ultimately a visitor. That will probably change now that Jahad is stirring things up.

We also don't really know how they compare, at all. Urek is ranked higher because Jahad hasn't done anything since long before Urek entered the Tower. Of course, once he feels challenged, that will be enough for Urek to want to compete with Jahad.

That's sorta what I mean, since neither one is currently a threat to the other's goals they basically don't care about each other.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I fell two chapters behind and boy howdy what chapters they were, man how strong must the head of FUG be as well as the family heads.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-312/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=393

I can really feel the season ticking down. Everything's coming to a head.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

"death"?