Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Crazypoops posted:

You don't want to know how much they spent on design, packaging, manufacturing, logistics to get everyone one of those (I'm assuming terrible tasting) chocolate bars.

$30,000 on the card stock alone

The chocolate may actually be nice but it's still the bosses symbolically making the workers eat poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Now just imagine being some poor kid in the third world that literally walks around in that stuff all day (barefoot)

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Outrail posted:

No. Is that real?

That's a photo from the 2015 Black Lives Matter protests at the Mall of America following the shooting of Jamar Clark. The Mall of America is private property so the notice is legally correct (there's no legal right to hold protests in the mall without the prior approval of the mall's owners), however because the notice used the word "disperse" instead of "leave" the owners/police weren't able to charge any of the protestors with trespassing (since they were never specifically told to leave) and I think all the charges against the protest organizers were dropped in the end as well. After leaving the Mall of America the protesters took the light rail line up to the airport and continued their protest there for a while.

Mr.Radar has issued a correction as of 20:49 on Jul 21, 2018

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Crazypoops posted:

You don't want to know how much they spent on design, packaging, manufacturing, logistics to get everyone one of those (I'm assuming terrible tasting) chocolate bars.

The company I work for used to hand out chocolate bunnies for Easter and I don't recall what they were made of but it was almost chalky in texture. Everyone complained and now we get Kinder Surprises which is kinda cool.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Bonzo posted:

The company I work for used to hand out chocolate bunnies for Easter and I don't recall what they were made of but it was almost chalky in texture. Everyone complained and now we get Kinder Surprises which is kinda cool.

Just reminded me of ours.
They handed out mints, cheaply imported from somewhere in south america.
One of the ingredients used in them was a cancer causing chemical dye illegal in the EU.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

happyhippy posted:

They handed out mints, cheaply imported from somewhere in south america.
One of the ingredients used in them was a cancer causing chemical dye illegal in the EU.
Someone should do this, but have it be for cancer awareness.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Does he not realize bookstores already exist, or does he not understand the basic concept of libraries?

Scary! has issued a correction as of 00:47 on Jul 22, 2018

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ArmZ posted:

index funds ftw

A fine way to invest with minimal chance of screwing it up.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

incinerate the rich and sell the ashes as a supplement to the most gullible of the upper-middle class.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh yeah loving cool I love replacing public goods that everyone can use for free with for-profit companies.

Imagine how loving hard it would be to get public libraries off the ground today. Like if we didn't have any and you wanted to start one.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Oh yeah loving cool I love replacing public goods that everyone can use for free with for-profit companies.

Imagine how loving hard it would be to get public libraries off the ground today. Like if we didn't have any and you wanted to start one.

You'd need to be Andrew Carnegie rich.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Crazypoops posted:

Nah I guarantee that's a prepackaged thing you can buy from a print shop or wherever you get those cheap pens with your logo on it, meant to give out at like, conventions and stuff, and the graphics are just from a stock set the marketing team already had (note how none of it actually mentions it's a gift or chocolate or even says 'thanks'). Can't spend too much on your employees!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Blood red communism.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

You know what will really save taxpayer money? Getting the gently caress out of the Middle East and not putting people in prison for non-violent offenses like smoking weed.

But both of those benefit capitalism so gently caress it all. Burn the world. We deserve nothing.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Scary! posted:

Does he not realize bookstores already exist, or does he not understand the basic concept of libraries?

Probably sees bookstores on the decline and has probably never actually set foot in a library. It's really incredible how many people just have no loving idea what libraries even do. They're far more than a building you keep a bunch of books in.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1020703173374140422

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Nice head you have there. would be a shame if something.... heavy and extremely sharp fell onto it severing it from your garbage neck

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Oscar Wild posted:

Lol that the guy in that commercial is some Italian dude.
Also, the crying Indian commercial was actually propaganda from junk food companies who didn't want to be held responsible for switching to disposable containers in the first place.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.chica...-story,amp.html

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bag em and tag em posted:

Nice head you have there. would be a shame if something.... heavy and extremely sharp fell onto it severing it from your garbage neck

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
https://i.imgur.com/YZcQeGi.png

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

bag em and tag em posted:

Nah, he can be reeducated, through hard work. I mean with his age he might not be able to do that hard work... China shows us how to handle troublemakers like him.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Split Pea Superman posted:

You'd need to be Andrew Carnegie rich.

Lol, just lol that you paid this much attention in eighth grade history.

I did too

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

someone just used a monkey's paw and wished to pay less taxes.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

PostNouveau posted:

It's astounding to me how many people go "taxes bad taxes bad" at every level of their life, where they would gladly pay astronomically higher costs for services so long as it didn't appear in the form of taxes.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

kuddles posted:

It's astounding to me how many people go "taxes bad taxes bad" at every level of their life, where they would gladly pay astronomically higher costs for services so long as it didn't appear in the form of taxes.

But they'd be free to choose which of the two or three megacorporations that have taken over every aspect of life in the absence of regulation they want to buy road access from :911:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hey, that's just providing a good service. Showing you exactly what you're looking for. :colbert:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

kuddles posted:

TAXES ARE AWFUL!

*pays condo/HOA monthly fees that are 1/3 of the monthly mortgage"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bonzo posted:

TAXES ARE AWFUL!

*pays condo/HOA monthly fees that are 1/3 of the monthly mortgage"

Yeah, but those fees actually directly help me and not poors. :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The marketing campaign for the new season of Black Mirror is looking good.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, but those fees actually directly help me and not poors. :colbert:

Well who do you think if mowing all those yards? I pay their salary! If they want to read and educate themselves they should get better jobs.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

https://twitter.com/XEECEEVEVO/status/938156535967969280

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
i'm sure everyone already knows it, but Robocop is basically capitalism.mpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1G1G0nf3qc

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jack Trades posted:

The marketing campaign for the new season of Black Mirror is looking good.

This is a real loving thing. What

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

BrainDance posted:

They're probably explosive when they show up dead too.

I'm not ordering live animals, for the record. Friend tried to buy a squirrel and they kept shipping boxes of squirrels to him. Told him to always just take a video of opening it because if he could prove it was dead on arrival they'd ship out another for free. It took so many tries before he got a live one, and the unboxings were nasty. They ship it with a little thing of food and that's basically it.

When he finally got a live one it suicided out his window :(

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

This can't be real :psyduck:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Jesus Christ

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
That's a crosspost from the China thread (now Taiwan Number 1).

If there any place on this Earth that I could believe has a Squirrel Murder Company, it's China. The perfect combination of capitalist greed and complete disregard for all forms of animal life.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ate all the Oreos posted:

This can't be real :psyduck:

On my school bus home, they would ship live chicks to some company along the way and put them on the roof racks.
You would get them scared shitless chirping like hell drowning out us talking and the normal bus sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Chomp8645 posted:

That's a crosspost from the China thread (now Taiwan Number 1).

If there any place on this Earth that I could believe has a Squirrel Murder Company, it's China. The perfect combination of capitalist greed and complete disregard for all forms of animal life.

Welcome to China. Have a live turtle keychain. Discard when the turtle dies.