Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

POSTING IN ALL CAPS TO OWN THE LIBS.

CAT TAX

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Durzel posted:

This is a great article imo.

Unfortunately it suggests the (only?) answer to Trump is to stop leaning so hard into liberalism. It should be more scary than it seems that it appears essentially impossible to attract ~40% of voters with liberal, "let's look after eachother" ideals. Scarier still is that the Democratic party seem - 2 years later - to be completely at sea over Trump, unable to do anything except react to his latest perceived gaff to an audience that wasn't interested in being accepting of others in the first place.

quote:

Henry Olsen is a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center and an editor at UnHerd.com. He is the author of The Working Class Republican: Ronald Reagan and the Return of Blue-Collar Conservatism.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Did anyone ever confirm for certain what Trump's :sniff: at the Presidential debates and other events were caused by? Cocaine? Allergies? Regular old colds?

He was trying to stop the worms from crawling out of his nose.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

lol at Ronnie Raygun being a working class republican.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1021380986452545537

(many such cases)

also:

https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/status/1021171043363409921

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lmao. also lol at conflating liberals and progressives

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Wrong, very happy!

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sandweed posted:

POSTING IN ALL CAPS TO OWN THE LIBS.

CAT TAX

Terrible haircut
Terrible beard
Terrible earrings
Triple prayer bead bracelet
lovely sleeve tat
Kanji(?) tattoos

Try again bud

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Jose posted:

lmao. also lol at conflating liberals and progressives

This is a distinction made almost entirely by academics and the extremely online

(also lol at conflating progressives and leftists)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Aren't there numerous reports by our own Intelligence agencies saying North Korea has increased enriched uranium production?

Lol

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Jfc. Look how proud he is that he stole a ball from a little kid.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Grimdude posted:

Jfc. Look how proud he is that he stole a ball from a little kid.

This is worse than the guy that threw the can on the field during a jays wildcard game. Lifetime ban imo.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Terrible haircut
Terrible beard
Terrible earrings
Triple prayer bead bracelet
lovely sleeve tat
Kanji(?) tattoos

Try again bud

What about the cat thou.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The president sure is postin' today. :discourse:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
That video is really misleading according to people who were there, the dude already gave a ball to the kid who it looks like he's taking it from and gave this one to another kid

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Manafort's trial is in 2 days, gotta get that smokescreen going early!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Donald Trump is the President of the United States of America.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That was a real post.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Ike_Saul/status/1021221389162905600

clearly under duress

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Re: baseball video

https://deadspin.com/sounds-like-ev...impression=true

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

It is hilarious to me how conservatives seem to demand being taken seriously while being impossibly retarded all the time.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

old beast lunatic posted:

It is hilarious to me how conservatives seem to demand being taken seriously while being impossibly retarded all the time.

like a four year old that wants to be taken seriously

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
I just finally bit the bullet and skipped 5000 posts to get current with the thread. all those lols lost, like tears in rain ;_;

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
*acts like an idiot racist on camera and shows own rear end.

THIS IS WHY TRUMP WON

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Durzel posted:

This is a great article imo.

Unfortunately it suggests the (only?) answer to Trump is to stop leaning so hard into liberalism. It should be more scary than it seems that it appears essentially impossible to attract ~40% of voters with liberal, "let's look after eachother" ideals. Scarier still is that the Democratic party seem - 2 years later - to be completely at sea over Trump, unable to do anything except react to his latest perceived gaff to an audience that wasn't interested in being accepting of others in the first place.

I don't know what the answer is really, because as things stand Trump 2020 is a very real possibility and it could happen simply because liberal minds are fixated on "this is the one, this latest scandal will see him ousted", completely missing the point that this article eruditely highlights.
Late response, but all this article does for me is encapsulate the very idea that conservatives and evangelicals as being the biggest whiny bitch babies on the planet. They control every facet of the US government but it's not enough. It will never be enough.

They have to control your daily and private life too through their oh so important draconian supreme court picks, and any attempt to stop them from harassing a minority or lgbtq or woman is oppressing their "religous freedumbs." gently caress em.

gently caress the moderate "free market" republicans who line up behind Trump as well because of the economy. loving tax cuts and 401ks in exchange for supporting genocide is morally repugnant; go gently caress yourself.

That author seems like he is yet another broke brained conservative who doesn't understand liberals and leftists don't give a poo poo about winning Trump voters; we outnumber them by a third.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 23, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Quorum posted:

This is a distinction made almost entirely by academics and the extremely online

(also lol at conflating progressives and leftists)

Do you have a good link on the distinction because I'm still trying to figure out what part of the left I'm in. I always thought I was liberal.

Anyway, I dont like the new thread title :(

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Durzel posted:

I don't know what the answer is really, because as things stand Trump 2020 is a very real possibility

heh

hehehehe

hahwhehahhahwhwwhahwhawhahahhahahh

*physically becomes a lol*

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Pretty good irony about the whole situation when it turns out the guy is actually Ball Santa Claus and gave every ball he got away to different kids lmao. Guys I think fake news might be real

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tax Inductions posted:

I just finally bit the bullet and skipped 5000 posts to get current with the thread. all those lols lost, like tears in rain ;_;

i would read this thread again if it was a book imo

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jeza posted:

Pretty good irony about the whole situation when it turns out the guy is actually Ball Santa Claus and gave every ball he got away to different kids lmao. Guys I think fake news might be real

People fall for fake news in this very thread constantly, just look at what happens anytime someone posts a way zoomed in graph of the stock market falling 50 points

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

I have watched eight seconds of this show and I am ready to go all internet tough guy on anyone stupid enough to say it's bad.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/141604554855825408?s=19

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i love that the narrative in the news media has shifted from 'trump's an rear end in a top hat' to 'listen, we're the assholes that elected him'

like no one realized that america is just one big open secret

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
How is 'Theres always a tweet' not an emote yet?

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Is Bezos so extremely cheap with his fortune that he won't even sue the president for attacking private businesses, which is literally illegal? Or are we somehow kidding ourselves by thinking it's the same thing as when democrats say that Walmart should pay livable wages or something?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

A. Beaverhausen posted:

How is 'Theres always a tweet' not an emote yet?

I nominate :chaostrump:

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Is Bezos so extremely cheap with his fortune that he won't even sue the president for attacking private businesses, which is literally illegal? Or are we somehow kidding ourselves by thinking it's the same thing as when democrats say that Walmart should pay livable wages or something?

jeff bezos isnt some hero of the people and he doesnt give a gently caress because hes making billions no matter what

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

He doesn't want to loose money by pissing off retards who buy those idiotic 500 dollar coolers via amazon.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If you want a slap fight then we need Trump to antagonize Musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Late response, but all this article does for me is encapsulate the very idea that conservatives and evangelicals as being the biggest whiny bitch babies on the planet. They control every facet of the US government but it's not enough. It will never be enough.

They have to control your daily and private life too through their oh so important draconian supreme court picks, and any attempt to stop them from harassing a minority or lgbtq or woman is oppressing their "religous freedumbs." gently caress em.

gently caress the moderate "free market" republicans who line up behind Trump as well because of the economy. loving tax cuts and 401ks in exchange for supporting genocide is morally repugnant; go gently caress yourself.

That author seems like he is yet another broke brained conservative who doesn't understand liberals and leftists don't give a poo poo about winning Trump voters; we outnumber them by a third.

listened to the audiobook American Nations by Colin Woodard, the reason Woodard give is that evangelicals are like that is because churches were not touched by the governments in the same way other local institutions were (Schools, local government), and previous to that, people in deep south states were essentially European acrostics who built their sort of kinghood out of slaves when they transferred to the south from the brutal harvesting of Sugar Canes in Barbads colony.

Taking that: they'll stop whining when everybody is their slave.