Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Hahaha, taunting chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Welcome back, Ramos!

I'm awake, did anything happen last night? The second stream woke me up when it went online but I haven't been watching it, I just muted it and went back to sleep.

There were a bunch of weird, bad animal games on stream 2. They were fun though I kind of fell asleep part way through them due to travel exhaustion.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

OH BOY ROCKMAN 2

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Hell yeah Megaman 2.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Totally synched up for most of stage 1, geez.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Watching this run, it's good so far.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Heat Man was impossible for me as a kid without Item-2.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm rear end at Mega Man games.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Aww, I missed eurobeat Train races, apparently?

Good to be back with speedfriends tho.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Lobster posted:

heck, same

parabolic posted:

heck, same

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The Lobster posted:

The "move perfectly, don't die to bosses" genre that the Rockman-/Megaman-series started and perfected is easy to explain, but hard to execute at.

parabolic posted:

It was A+ very good, but good to have you back speedfriend!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

D. Ebdrup posted:

The "instantly die to an obstacle you couldn't know about, respawn and try to avoid it next time" genre that the Rockman-/Megaman-series started and perfected is easy to explain, but hard to execute at.

:hmmyes:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I don't feel as pressured to not sleep so far in ESA, but that does mean less time spent posting with speedfriends. Probably healthier though.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I mean, yeah.. That's not wrong for your first playthrough for sure

The Lobster posted:

I don't feel as pressured to not sleep so far in ESA, but that does mean less time spent posting with speedfriends. Probably healthier though.
Please take care of yourself speedfriend

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I missed most of the first two days but I hope to keep the stream going as long as I can during work.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Surprising Quickman by coming in through the roof there, nice

And moving across the disappearing (yoku?) blocks in the Heatman stage isn't _hard_ per se, but it sure was nerve wracking as a kid.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Lobster posted:

Yeah totally agreed. The thread isn't going a thousand miles an hour but it's still high quality speedchill.

Kungmitsu
May 3, 2013

I forgot that the woodman music owns

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Good Wood

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Get equipped with: Good wood!

Kungmitsu
May 3, 2013

that's what we call good wood

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Goons wood make wood jokes.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

parabolic posted:

Yeah totally agreed. The thread isn't going a thousand miles an hour but it's still high quality speedchill.

I'm not honestly all that sorry that there's not 50 new pages to read if you happen to take a bathroom break during a run or something.

But it's great that there's increased interest for ESA, since there's been/ will be some memorable runs, like Geoguessr this year.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

D. Ebdrup posted:

Please take care of yourself speedfriend

Don't worry, I'm pretty healthy this time around.

parabolic posted:

Very :comfysamus: :fluffy:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:rip:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

TeaJay posted:

I'm not honestly all that sorry that there's not 50 new pages to read if you happen to take a bathroom break during a run or something.

But it's great that there's increased interest for ESA, since there's been/ will be some memorable runs, like Geoguessr this year.

Is this more posting than ESA usually gets?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

:rip: Endy.

Kungmitsu
May 3, 2013

woah that lag

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The Lobster posted:

The last thread straight up died out after a few days because a lot of the runs were JRPGs.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ramos posted:

The last thread straight up died out after a few days because a lot of the runs were JRPGs.

Ouch. That sounds like ESA's fault though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Lobster posted:

I don't have the last thread handy but this is way more. I don't think there were many US side watchers previously. I'm really glad that people are interested since it's genuinely a great event and a bit different from GDQ's, that's why I personally try to keep things going here even during slow hours.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The 'couch' for XIII is a fun combination of roasting and panicking, it's giving me energy.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I always forget how awesome MM2 music is and then I see it played again and the memories return.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Go TMR!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

The Lobster posted:

Yes. Prev threads straight up died.

This is also more viewers than ESA usually gets at that. I think it's going well? And so far I really only have nice things to say about the event. I'm really glad that I haven't got poo poo to talk for the most part.

Mostly. Game choice/scheduling is still a bit all over the show but I guess it prides itself on being a bit more grabbag.

I PBed Quick and Crash in the arcade and now I'm going to bed. I leave you with a grumpy punchy take:

Megaman speedruns aren't bad but aren't really any better than the average NES run and are all also very samey so I'm kind of bewildered by the respect they are afforded as speedgames.

(kind of reflects how I feel about the games themselves but ain't that a take too hot)

aight peace watch Rabi Ribi on stream 2 tomorrow that run is loving sick thanks

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Is KennyMan666 reading donations right now?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Lobster posted:

Is KennyMan666 reading donations right now?

Yes. Please send him puns and tongue twisters.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Yes. Prev threads straight up died.

This is also more viewers than ESA usually gets at that. I think it's going well? And so far I really only have nice things to say about the event. I'm really glad that I haven't got poo poo to talk for the most part.

Mostly. Game choice/scheduling is still a bit all over the show but I guess it prides itself on being a bit more grabbag.

I PBed Quick and Crash in the arcade and now I'm going to bed. I leave you with a grumpy punchy take:

Megaman speedruns aren't bad but aren't really any better than the average NES run and are all also very samey so I'm kind of bewildered by the respect they are afforded as speedgames.

(kind of reflects how I feel about the games themselves but ain't that a take too hot)

good night, speedfriend, if you can develop a signature trick, like doing the pajama run section blindfolded, you can raise a lot of money at marathons using it as a donation incentive

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

That's the game that Steam will eternally recommend because I apparently like Indie games. I guess I'll finally get to see if it's any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TASWood

• Locked thread