Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Look, alliance is full of boring generic fantasy trope white people. Horde is full of diverse and interesting races. Sure, Garrosh was a bad dude and for reasons beyond this thread, Sylvanas makes no sense as warchief. But only people who wear fedoras picked the alliance when first introduced to WoW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I picked alliance because I wanted to play with my friends, and they had picked Alliance. That didn't really work out but I was eventually rewarded with Werewolves so I think I still made the correct choice.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

You can't do it through the scorecard, how are you doing it? Just manually typing /w <name>?
yeah, really quickly. i'm surprised carebear blizzard never disabled that

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Garrosh did nothing wrong.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

SirSamVimes posted:

Garrosh did nothing wrong.

Theramore was an inside job.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Gallywix should be warchief

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Sylvanas is allowed to do all the lovely things Garrosh did cause she is " a pretty elf lady"

I hope she gets murderd and a Taruen can finally be warchief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ps7FJ6et_U

I will always live by these words

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm rapidly growing to like Fenix, but focussing on Inhibiting Energy at 4. If you reliably land Q and play mostly in Phase Bomb stance, you slow everything you come near, which then empowers Plasma Cutter further at 7 and Photonic Weaponry at 16.

You're basically only switching back to Repeater Cannon when Q is on cooldown or you're in a sustained 1v1 to DPS someone down, but gaining slows everywhere, I can't figure out why people are taking Target Aquired, which 10% +MS but requires you to be at a very unsafe Fenix range to do.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
I don’t play much Fenix but the MS from target acquired feels pretty crazy to play against. Basically from the moment you go in on Fenix he is slowing you and speeding himself by as much as 40% (!) which is a pretty big deal. Makes it super had to escape or chase him, like, boosted Fenix outruns mounted enemies which is pretty crazy. I have had some “whoa” moments playing Sonya into Fenix when he casually zips away despite Sonya passive.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Erdricks posted:

Look, alliance is full of boring generic fantasy trope white people. Horde is full of diverse and interesting races. Sure, Garrosh was a bad dude and for reasons beyond this thread, Sylvanas makes no sense as warchief. But only people who wear fedoras picked the alliance when first introduced to WoW.

I picked human at launch because I figured "nobody wants to play a boring HUMAN right? I'll be the only one!" i was wrong.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Mewn has a "master league" player who plays his placement matches for the rewards and then fucks off to QM. Past two seasons Master 1000, season before that Plat 5.

What a joke of a MMR system.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianSavoryApeFailFish

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Looking at people’s profiles in the lobby means you are already looking for a scapegoat before the game has started.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mierenneuker posted:

Looking at people’s profiles in the lobby means you are already looking for a scapegoat before the game has started.

There's a reason Overwatch recently made those restricted-to-friends by default.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Mierenneuker posted:

Or you're checking to see if anyone drafting after you will actually pick a warrior or support

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
Mewn might be a really loud, bitter poo poo, but he is right, just as much as BamBam, the constantly inflating MMR and turning Plat's into masters all of a sudden, just wasn't that great for HL

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Has anyone ever posted a video of this Mewn dude where he's not whining about something?

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Or you're checking to see if anyone drafting after you will actually pick a warrior or support

Yeah I just started doing this and it's very helpful in draft. Helps to see if someone has 1200 games as gazlowe that it might help to let them draft gazlowe, as well.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Mierenneuker posted:

Yeah I just started doing this and it's very helpful in draft. Helps to see if someone has 1200 games as gazlowe that it might help to let them draft gazlowe, as well.
First pick instant locked Aba on Cursed Hollow. I inwardly groan, inspected him, and...huh, Aba is his most played. Another guy started hovering Illidan, I inspected, and what do you know Illidan is his most played. Alright, I'm willing to believe.

If someone's put in the practice, they can have their Probius pick.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

You could ask them?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Has anyone ever posted a video of this Mewn dude where he's not whining about something?

no. i don't know why people give him all this undeserved advertising. hes your stereotypical moba player.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
typing in draft ever is a liability. Checking profiles is correct.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

McTimmy posted:

Jaina's dad, Daelin, lost his best friend and oldest son to orcs in the second war.

In the third war Jaina fled to Kalimdor and made peace with the orcs to fight demons.

Daelin eventually followed and attacked the orcs, Jain stood aside and let the orcs win to maintain the peace.

Jaina's city eventually got fantasy-nuked by the orcs which really ticked her off.

The Alliance and Horde eventually united again to fight demons again but the Horde retreated from battle letting the demons overrun the Alliance's position, Varian died buying time for the Alliance to escape.

Jaina buggered off to fight demons on her own rather than work with the Horde in any capacity.

After the demons were defeated, she returned to her homeland of Kul Tiras to see what was up. They don't like her for betraying Daelin.

Jaina goes and decides to raise her father's flagship in the video to fight the Horde.

The Horde "retreated" because they had a wave of flying demons come over the hill which conveniently the Alliance could not see from their perspective.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I like how people immediately focus on everything besides the broken-rear end game.

beejay fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 24, 2018

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

The Horde "retreated" because they had a wave of flying demons come over the hill which conveniently the Alliance could not see from their perspective.

They were supposed to be protecting the alliances flank while the Alliance held off the bulk of the forces. Regardless of why they retreated they still retreated first.
I seriously do not understand why they pulled the whole "Oh Sylv ordered a retreat for good reasons and it's only because of bad optics that it looks like she did a mean thing. The alliance are completely in the wrong here!" When Sylv is second only to Garrosh in "Horrific War Crimes Comitted" and is looking to make up for that over the next week or so.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861676

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kurieg posted:

They were supposed to be protecting the alliances flank while the Alliance held off the bulk of the forces. Regardless of why they retreated they still retreated first.
I seriously do not understand why they pulled the whole "Oh Sylv ordered a retreat for good reasons and it's only because of bad optics that it looks like she did a mean thing. The alliance are completely in the wrong here!" When Sylv is second only to Garrosh in "Horrific War Crimes Comitted" and is looking to make up for that over the next week or so.

I mean, it makes sense in the context of "we're taking serious casualties including our leader getting shanked, we need to retreat", but the lack of communication creates horrible optics.

It's not meant to absolve Sylvanas of anything (because you're right about her in the broader scope), just to say that this one particular event wasn't nearly the betrayal the Alliance brass thinks it is.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Kurieg posted:

Also, do not forget Sylvanas tried to murder a demigod, the Alliance AND Horde needed to fight the Legion.

Allying with another evil demigod, to trap another good demigod who was needed to fight the Legion, just to empower herself in some nebulous sub-plot that was never properly explained.

She's a double crossing poo poo and very badly written character and if she's getting a trash martyr/salvation plot like Kerrigan , so help me god I will stop caring about videogames

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
gently caress off to the godawful lore thread please

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Mierenneuker posted:

You could ask them?

There are a looooot of people that don't respond at all in draft chat, and then there are the people that hover one class and then pick a different one. I do ask, but I also look to make sure I'm not going to get screwed.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If someone is hovering Nova and you peep a lvl 50 Thrall on their profile, you have a much better chance of convincing them off Nova. "Hmm, have a front line like Sonya or Thrall?" actually works pretty well if you have that info.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

fool_of_sound posted:

gently caress off to the godawful lore thread please

Yeah god forbid we go back to talking about Mewnfare and broken QM

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If god is good he will bless us with a new hero reveal today and we can talk about that instead

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Sylvanas rework and Anduin reveal as a BfA tie-in.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this

Nybble posted:

Sylvanas rework and Anduin reveal as a BfA tie-in.

There has to be an Anduin reveal for BfA, right? Don't even want him, but that'll be an obvious one

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Have they ever actually done a tie-in to WoW expansions or events?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

skipThings posted:

There has to be an Anduin reveal for BfA, right? Don't even want him, but that'll be an obvious one

Yeah, he also is the last of the original class representatives from Hearthstone that is not in the game yet. Hell, they added Lunara as a Druid alt to that game recently, so it is about time.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I think they did Gul'dan as a Legion reveal, tie-in, right?

Bogart fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 24, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Bogart posted:

I think they did Gul'dan as a Legion reveal, right?

That sounds right. It was either that or the movie. Or were those around the same time?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Wasn't Varian showing up in the Nexus tied in with him dying in the Legion intro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Galaxy brain: announce Blackthorne as a character in wow