Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The Washington Capitals select Ryan Strome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
More tiny mans: Nashville drafts Conor Sheary

Fiala - Malkin - Smith
Sheary - Backstrom - Atkinson
??? - ??? - Meier

Giordano - Jones
??? - Girard

Andersen

Thufir fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 23, 2018

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Due Up:
ThinkTank (5:50 PM EST)
fawning deference
stab
eXXon
tofes
Boomer the Cannon

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Thufir posted:

More tiny mans: Nashville drafts Conor Sheary

Fiala - Malkin - Smith
Sheary - Backstrom - Atkinson
??? - ??? - Meier

Giordano - Jones
??? - Girard

Andersen

Also a terrific team

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fawning deference comes from the wayne gretzky school of hockey analysis

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

fawning deference posted:

Also a terrific team

I didn't set out to have a gimmick but I might end up with shortest team.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jonathan Fisk posted:

fawning deference comes from the wayne gretzky school of hockey analysis

Eh I dunno he has two good scoring lines and I like Meier and Girard. Great first pairing. Maybe terrific was hyperbole but I think it's a very solid team that could do damage unless he fucks up his depth picks.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll post this in the right thread now. I'll take Brock Nelson

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

It's hard to leave a couple players out there but I think one will get back to me for sure and I need to fill my top six.

The Blackhawks select Valentin Zykov, a 23 year-old garbage goal madman who led the AHL in goals last year despite playing 63 games. Carolina just signed him to an ELC and all signs point to him being in the lineup this season. I know I have two rookies in the top six but I think one is a slam-dunk and the other (Zykov) is going to be very solid.

Hall-Larkin-Zykov
Tolvanen-Zibanejad-Eberle
???-Faksa-???

Provorov-Severson (I've been convinced)
Ekholm-Pionk

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Before I drafted Weber I was like man I got tons of cap space. I still have 30 million.

Thats before I realized Hanifin wasnt signed.

So maybe a little early for him but he'll be a poor 3c good 4c on my team for this year and he has some upside. If only he could learn to win some drat faceoffs.

Gotta manage that salary cap now before i end up like that team that couldnt dress 20 players for like 2 weeks a couple years ago

Pavel Zacha

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Zacha took a pretty significant step forward late in the season. Certainly overdrafted compared to who came after him but I think he would be very good in a 3C role.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

stab posted:

Before I drafted Weber I was like man I got tons of cap space. I still have 30 million.

Thats before I realized Hanifin wasnt signed.

So maybe a little early for him but he'll be a poor 3c good 4c on my team for this year and he has some upside. If only he could learn to win some drat faceoffs.

Gotta manage that salary cap now before i end up like that team that couldnt dress 20 players for like 2 weeks a couple years ago

Pavel Zacha

I really wonder how he will do this year - he looked much better in the second half of the season. I feel like he's a smart player but he's one of those guys who is really big but doesn't play like it. He doesn't have the raw tools and the body to be the kind of quick finesse player he should be - at least right now. I expect him to basically be a decent 3C who maybe puts up 40 points playing with good linemates.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

corn on the cop posted:

Zacha took a pretty significant step forward late in the season. Certainly overdrafted compared to who came after him but I think he would be very good in a 3C role.

He did but he still doesn't show much offensive upside and it's frustrating.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
His 5v5 rates went way up last season (0.83 P/60 to 1.42 P/60).

The special teams didn't really help anyone's cause (good riddance to Geoff Ward). But yes, he does need to pull the trigger more.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Thufir posted:

I didn't set out to have a gimmick but I might end up with shortest team.

Maybe we can work out a trade so you can have DeBrincat. I now want to see short supremacy.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

It's hard to leave a couple players out there but I think one will get back to me for sure and I need to fill my top six.

The Blackhawks select Valentin Zykov, a 23 year-old garbage goal madman who led the AHL in goals last year despite playing 63 games. Carolina just signed him to an ELC and all signs point to him being in the lineup this season. I know I have two rookies in the top six but I think one is a slam-dunk and the other (Zykov) is going to be very solid.

Hall-Larkin-Zykov
???-Faksa-???

Ekholm-Pionk

you gotta take the one half decent fat prospect in hockey and you're playing him on the dang top line. smdh

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Hall-Larkin-Zykov
???-Faksa-???

Ekholm-Pionk

god drat It

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I had a thought to take a more experienced (lower upside) NHLer but since T-Bone keeps cradle robbing I'm going to (re-)draft Robert Thomas. He torched the OHL despite struggling a bit after a midseason trade and kept it up in the Memorial Cup. He's supposedly a good playmaker and two-way player so he should make it as a 3C at least. He stands a good chance at making the real Blues next season even after they traded for ROR and signed that other guy.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
somebody better check on our cap space because the golden knights select Erik Johnson to round out our top 4 defenders

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

I'll post this in the right thread now. I'll take Brock Nelson

I wasn't expecting him to fall back to me but I was really hoping he would.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

tofes posted:

somebody better check on our cap space because the golden knights select Erik Johnson to round out our top 4 defenders

The spreadsheet says you're the first team to the cap floor so congratulations!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I can't be that far behind

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

HootTheOwl posted:

Lol the sens supposedly have only spent 9 mil in cap space and they took Austin Matthews in the 1st so buyer beware on the calculations right now

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

stab posted:

Lol the sens supposedly have only spent 9 mil in cap space and they took Austin Matthews in the 1st so buyer beware on the calculations right now

He's also got like 3 unsigned RFA and there's no contract entered for Green yet, but he's only got 3 players with a cap hit in 7 digits and one is Green

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Winnipeg takes Andreas Johnsson.

E:
Huberdeau - Tavares - Bailey
Johnsson - Turris - Hyman
TBD - Bennett - TBD

Werenski - Trouba
TBD - Larsson

Saros

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 24, 2018

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

stab posted:

I saw that yesterday and double checked, the numbers are accurate.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Vancouver needs a reliable presence in net before the pickings run slim so welcome aboard Semyon Varlamov, who enjoyed a renaissance season last year after a lengthy slump.

Panarin - Backlund - Rakell
Johansson - Granlund - Sprong
Silfverberg

Klefbom - Klingberg
X - Stralman

Varlamov

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

poo poo I thought I had that prestigious title but Eller and Plex were making less than I thought.

e:

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I can't be that far behind

Youre still ~3m behind JoelJoel and myself.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

5th highest cap hit is not quite in Holland territory yet

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

I had a thought to take a more experienced (lower upside) NHLer but since T-Bone keeps cradle robbing I'm going to (re-)draft Robert Thomas. He torched the OHL despite struggling a bit after a midseason trade and kept it up in the Memorial Cup. He's supposedly a good playmaker and two-way player so he should make it as a 3C at least. He stands a good chance at making the real Blues next season even after they traded for ROR and signed that other guy.

this was my next pick actually!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno who the gently caress to pick, so I'm going to take a youngish defenseman who was logging 25+ minutes per night in the latter half of the season with the Blues and doing ok.

Carolina selects Joel Edmundson. Someone is going to have to play on their off side.

Guentzel - O’Reilly - Laine
Vrana - Trochek - Puljujarvi
? - Koivu - ?

Edmundson - Suter
Yandle - ?

Quick

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Hey if all y'all could stop swiping my guys

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Technetium posted:

the beneficial part of taking all my forwards first and purposefully targeting fun n gun sportsball D is that this isn't me for the first time ever

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Technetium posted:

make a pick beaut

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Not that they had much chance of getting back around, but I really wanted Edmundson and varly as my next picks. The latter might be in a weird position next season splitting in Colorado, but who knows.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
Technetium (until 9:23 PM EST)
HootTheOwl
a false
T-Bone
Drunk Canuck

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I kept moving cap $$$s to fit good players that'll headshot you. But no keep taking them. And Tom Wilson. You fucker.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

SKIP DAT BETCH

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
What's a fire pit without a devil in the Flames?
Welcome aboard, Miles Wood!
Flames Fever, see your doctor about it this fall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Next up:
a false (until 11:27 AM EST)
T-Bone
Drunk Canuck
Good Soldier Svejk
Ginette Reno