Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Quest For Glory II posted:

best thing about sonique was changing the pitch of songs

I forgot it could even do this. I mainly remember getting really excited about trying out 3000 different skins with increasingly sharp bevels and unpleasant shapes where the volume knob would be hard to find and read in new and interesting ways

big deal fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Persona 4 Arena was pretty good but Dancing seemed like a bad rhythm game. I would love a good rear end rhythm game the size of like...Theatrhythm. But the dancing games we've seen have been not worth it imo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
persona 4 arena is good because it's just a good arcsys fighting game

everything else that keeps persona 4 alive longer just makes me think more about all the things that sour me on persona 4 itself

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean the Persona dancing games are made by the Miku people which in theory is like the music game equivalent of hiring arcsys to make your fighting game

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

glam rock hamhock posted:

I mean the Persona dancing games are made by the Miku people which in theory is like the music game equivalent of hiring arcsys to make your fighting game

Everything I've seen about Miku looks like a rhythm game no one would've given a poo poo about in the PS1/PS2 when there was actual competition in the genre.

And nowadays, the only reason anyone gives a poo poo is because of the dressup & virtual girlfriend/pet angle. Like everything I've seen of the actual rhythm game just seems incredibly boring and generic even by 1998 standards.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Persona 4 Arena was pretty good but Dancing seemed like a bad rhythm game. I would love a good rear end rhythm game the size of like...Theatrhythm. But the dancing games we've seen have been not worth it imo

It took a few hours to click with me but I loved it/the soundtrack owned (I think some people might have hated some of the remixes idk I loved the ost)

but i live for miku so what do I know

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Raxivace posted:

Windows 10 got way more manageable to me once I got Classic Shell.

Yep. I'm using Win10 with Classic Shell. It's great. I killed all the lovely stuff in it I don't like as well. However, they keep pushing metro-style UI in new stuff they release, which is garbo.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chumbler posted:

Persona games that score how well you conform to instructions.

the furthest reach that could have been made

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
What software is good to use if I want to export certain time ranges on my twitch vods into files I can upload to youtube without like, having to download an entire 7 hour stream or anything like that?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
miku is god

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

FanaticalMilk posted:

Everything I've seen about Miku looks like a rhythm game no one would've given a poo poo about in the PS1/PS2 when there was actual competition in the genre.

And nowadays, the only reason anyone gives a poo poo is because of the dressup & virtual girlfriend/pet angle. Like everything I've seen of the actual rhythm game just seems incredibly boring and generic even by 1998 standards.

What's your opinion on the djmax franchise?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAv8_I7e_CA

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

july has been a good month for videogames!!

i finished two endings of Hollow Knight, and am chipping away at all the rest of the content. i'll sink more time into it properly when the last bit of dlc drops in august.

i find it hard to explain how much i loved this game; i think it's easily the best metroidvania around. it's staggering to me that team cheery is only two guys. a terrific experience from start to finish. my partner is sick of seeing "that little bug game" though so it's on the shelf for a while.

meanwhile i'm deep into Darkest Dungeon. it really scratches the lovecraft itch in a way that other games (even those explicitly involving the cthulhu mythos) haven't for me. i feel like there'll be a point where it stops being fun and starts being just a massive repetitive grind, but i haven't hit that point yet. there's always a new class, always a new quest, always something else terrible happening to my poor hamlet of doomed adventurers.

i haven't even touched the Octoling expansion yet. i feel like there's more games than i know what to do with, and Minit drops on switch at the end of this week. so i guess that'll be added to the queue too.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Poops Mcgoots posted:

What's your opinion on the djmax franchise?

I don't really have one as I've played none of them. To be honest, my main rhythm game was always DDR, specifically Stepmania. So when a rhythm game doesn't use a unique controller, ala DrumMania, Guitar Freaks/Hero, etc. it needs to have some other gimmick going for it to interest me. Rhythm Heaven is an example of a rhythm game that is still unique and interesting all while using a standard controller setup as its main input method.

I get that Hakune Mitsu's gimmick has a lot to do with being into the music/character outside of the game. It's just that Hatsune Miku as an artist/music holds very little interest for me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

The best C&C game wasn't even an RTS

Which C&C game is that?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
whats that one gaming garbage video on the SA youtube channel thats like some counter-terrorism side scroller with hostages saying PLEASE and when you freed them theyd go yogulamiabatrib

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

buglord posted:

whats that one gaming garbage video on the SA youtube channel thats like some counter-terrorism side scroller with hostages saying PLEASE and when you freed them theyd go yogulamiabatrib

Alpha Zylon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m1OBIIZWlM

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
there it is, thank you for the incredibly fast reply goon :tipshat:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Which C&C game is that?

Sole Survivor :v:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Convex posted:

Sole Survivor :v:

The First MOBA

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

alf_pogs posted:

my partner is sick of seeing "that little bug game" though so it's on the shelf for a while.
sever immediately.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

FirstAidKite posted:

Which C&C game is that?

Renegade, I assume.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

KOJUMBO!

hehehehahhaa

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm glad Command & Conquer is back in free to play mobile form

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm just gonna play 8-Bit Armies instead

...after I play some more DFO, but I'm conflicted because on one hand I wanna play DFO and do the event stuff in it but also I'm kinda like "eh" because I don't wanna burn myself out on it and I feel like I could be getting pretty close to burning out if I play too much

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Samuringa posted:

Renegade, I assume.

Correct

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is the best RTS I've played in recent years

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WfekXzrubE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FanaticalMilk posted:

the psp games are kind of basic but they feel good to play and the f games look really nice, and there are some really good tracks and the games are a good showcase for talented independent artists. i don't really see what's hard to get about that

please don't jump right to disparaging games you've never played that bring more attention to legit really great musical artists using the tools they've got to express things they wouldn't otherwise be able to, with music they wouldn't otherwise have the resources or ability to make, without having even ever touched the actual games themselves

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 24, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone ever play ground control? It was a weird rts that felt ahead of its time.

It was a myth style game but it had poo poo like requisition points for reinforcements, dawn of war style squads and abilities.

It wasnt a great but it was cool.

Kohan 2 was also cool but thats a warcraft style game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I played it and had totally forgotten about it. I remember at the time thinking that is was a "not as good C&C."

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I liked Ground Control 2, and World in Conflict.

Red Alert 2 is timeless though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/2dwillneverdie/status/1021024951606939648

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

No it was just made by Atlus. Miku is just in it as a crossover thing, and at some point Sega bought Atlus and put persona stuff in Miku.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only MIku I've played is the arcade game and home release which doesn't have any of the dress-up stuff and I don't (er well..didn't before I got into Future Tone) about vocaloid music at all but I really love the gameplay. Future Tone at least is best played on a peripheral anyway, if that is your requirement for being an interesting rhythm game, but the well designed charts in the 7-8.5 difficulty are the perfect balance between difficult and fun for me, so I got really into it last year.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Huh, this is real

The man in the bottom-left corner is Football Manager

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
They're still adding characters to Sonic Transformed or are both of us very late to the Willemus DLC?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Samuringa posted:

They're still adding characters to Sonic Transformed or are both of us very late to the Willemus DLC?
The latter, he was a free additional character for years

Also you should buy Ryo.

Too bad Sega are morons and the next game is only just going to having Sonic characters.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Huh, this is real

The man in the bottom-left corner is Football Manager

No kiryu? Wtf

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShaunMusgrave/status/1021557228170440704?s=19

this is the same guy who makes sure that international versions of dragon quest games don't have orchestrated music, so uh, i guess you can figure out why now (hint: hes an ultra-conservative shithead)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

No Flicky either throw this poo poo away.

• Locked thread