Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

I think responding with some choice Something Awful 9/11 photoshops would be pretty good.

I recommend the Star Wars one.

That is one of my favorite gifs of all time and I unthinkingly sent it to a slightly wider audience than normal on a 9/11 anniversary a year or two ago and really pissed a few people off. Apparently it's still not funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thats more words than I am prepared to read and from a light skim the problem seems to be that she is a plant and drama is her sun.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"A couple months into dating Sam, an indie musician–slash–dog walker"

NOPE! I'm done here.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LabyaMynora posted:

NOPE! I'm done here.

No read on, find out all about how her other boys rightfully realize it means theyre less important than Sam even if there is no explicit hierarchy, except nobody involved comes to that realization and does anything

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Anyway, this isn't r/relationships, but should be: When You Have 3 Boyfriends, Getting An IUD Is Complicated - Because I'm polyamorous, my decision to get on birth control had to go through an unusual chain of command.

tl;dr: It's surprising that you can write "polyamory" without spelling MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

They could get this one to narrate the Kentucky Derby and we'd all open our wrists to escape the boredom

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I used to work at a bookstore and we would get monthly shipments of the latest Harlequin Romances, which would be picked up by a couple of nice young women working at a retirement home.

I'm old enough that I remember that ref being a current TV gag on talk shows and sitcoms. That's most of what I remember Fabio for. :shrug:

Anyway, this isn't r/relationships, but should be: When You Have 3 Boyfriends, Getting An IUD Is Complicated - Because I'm polyamorous, my decision to get on birth control had to go through an unusual chain of command.

tl;dr: It's surprising that you can write "polyamory" without spelling MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

Jesus Christ. Even just skimming it was too much for me to read.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I muscled through 4 paragraphs and noped out and read the last 2 sentences

"transitioned to platonic roommates" holy poo poo, loving imagine doing that to someone you dated and lived with for 4 years. just wow

"we're learning not to resent the changes, but to go with them." oh yeah I fuckin bet. jesus loving christ, this poo poo is emotionally abusive.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I hope for their sake that she's misinterpreting them checking out of the relationship and just waiting on the lease to end so they can leave.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I read that whole thing and now I hate her with my life

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

Jesus Christ. Even just skimming it was too much for me to read.

a good rule of thumb about reading self-justifying posts about polyamory is don't

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No matter how attractive someone is, there are always 2-5 people that are completely sick of their bullshit.

Sometimes they are all roommates lol

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Also good going, BuzzFeed news, for 100% fooling me. I would have bet money that was a Slate article.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Also good going, BuzzFeed news, for 100% fooling me. I would have bet money that was a Slate article.

Could have gone with medium, too. They're the ones that brought us that howler about how that guy got over his wife's miscarriage by knocking off some strange at burning man

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Medium is more like long form Twitter, there's some stupid bullshit on there, but there's also a bunch of good stuff too.

E: On 2nd thought, switch the 'some' and the 'a bunch of'. Core point still stands.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This is an amazing read :allears: I love it when someone manages to both have their cake and eat it too and then they decide to take a poo poo on the cake and light it on fire.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I honestly couldn’t get through that wall of text but I think a woman’s choice of birth control is her own business, and I went to get my IUD by myself. But then again I can’t really be arsed with one partner let alone a relay team.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Shithouse Dave posted:

I honestly couldn’t get through that wall of text but I think a woman’s choice of birth control is her own business, and I went to get my IUD by myself. But then again I can’t really be arsed with one partner let alone a relay team.

it's less about the IUD and more about what it represents (her desire to go bareback with her new 3rd partner, but not the two guys she's already loving, which they are definitely not resentful of at all)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shithouse Dave posted:

That post taught me that you can take something like trying to give your partners input on your own birth control (which I agree, that's her business, but maybe there was some question about STDs, and that's fair. IUD doesn't block those) and STILL make it 100% all about you.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
the cool thing about having cool and complex poly relationships is that they're always changing and evolving, like when they evolve from a relationship where you go on dates and have sex to a relationship where you don't. it's a very cool and natural process which is definitely nobody's fault in particular

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
on a scale of average college anime nerd to My 600-LB Life how fat is this girl

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This isn't the first person at the center of a poly relationship that I've seen trying to pain themselves as a victim somehow and how people are making demands on them and they feel helpless when it's really a mask over them making choices that hurt others. Is there a term for this? Projected responsibility?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's the perfect r/poly post. We could re-launch the thread right here.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

thanks i only read about 1 out of every 5 words and i hated it more than anything i've ever read on this site

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

TheKennedys posted:

on a scale of average college anime nerd to My 600-LB Life how fat is this girl

Not very at all? You can see how she looks in the author's blurb, and you can GIS if you're really intent on finding out how she matches your prejudices. :shrug:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I can't believe I read that whole terrible thing, but there were reasons she didn't bareback with the two guys she was already with. Her main partner was obsessed with safe sex, and the other guy was already barebacking with his primary girlfriend so it was never on the table.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Not very at all? You can see how she looks in the author's blurb, and you can GIS if you're really intent on finding out how she matches your prejudices. :shrug:

10/10 "would believe she had a stable of gross poly fail-dweebs while wanting to bareback just one of them"

It's crazy how much this person is exactly what your brain assumes she looks like.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's funny that the dude who comes across as "nicest" (don't mean that in a negative way, just obviously the most responsible and supportive among her harem) is also the one who ended the story as a platonic roommate.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Taima posted:

10/10 "would believe she had a stable of gross poly fail-dweebs while wanting to bareback just one of them"

It's crazy how much this person is exactly what your brain assumes she looks like.

Hm. Wow, I'm way behind, because I would have guessed she's trying to signal she's a lesbian.

(I am not a very experienced lesbian at picking up when someone is a lesbian).

That said, I don't want to make fun of her looks. It's not very funny. I want to make fun of her poor life choices.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Like she looks fine? Kinda hipstery I guess. The color job on her hair is well done.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Anne Whateley posted:

I can't believe I read that whole terrible thing, but there were reasons she didn't bareback with the two guys she was already with. Her main partner was obsessed with safe sex, and the other guy was already barebacking with his primary girlfriend so it was never on the table.

Yeah her not going all natural with those two seemed reasonable (it hadn't been a problem either) and had it been a poly post about that it'd be one thing but instead she wanted to get an IUD so she could bareback a new partner she'd met weeks ago and knew was practicing unsafe sex with strangers. Somehow she was upset that her other partners using protection were a bit off about it (though ultimately still supportive).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ArbitraryC posted:

It's funny that the dude who comes across as "nicest" (don't mean that in a negative way, just obviously the most responsible and supportive among her harem) is also the one who ended the story as a platonic roommate.

I remember an old E/N story that seems to establish a pattern in these poly dramafests, that the most responsible person involved usually ends up basically as everyone else's babysitter and taken entirely for granted.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I remember an old E/N story that seems to establish a pattern in these poly dramafests, that the most responsible person involved usually ends up basically as everyone else's babysitter and taken entirely for granted.

That's not even a poly-exclusive phenomenon.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This isn't the first person at the center of a poly relationship that I've seen trying to pain themselves as a victim somehow and how people are making demands on them and they feel helpless when it's really a mask over them making choices that hurt others. Is there a term for this? Projected responsibility?

Selfishness.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pick posted:

That's not even a poly-exclusive phenomenon.

That's very, very true.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
There’s a bunch of depressing stuff and usual people putting their bits in or on people they shouldn’t. But this is Glorious

Husband (23M) ate my (21F) stuffed crust pizza and refuses to own up to it.

quote:

u/princessofpizzas
Burner account. My husband and I are on reddit.

So I love stuffed crust pizza and we have a pizza hut in our small town.

My husband and I will get two large pizzas with two toppings based on their deals at pizza hut.

I got my slices and went downstairs to watch netflix. When I came back I noticed more slices were gone than what I expected. I usually get canadian bacon and mushrooms, which my hubby hates. I asked if he ate my pizza and he said no, which makes sense. However. I looked in the trash and there was a crustless slice of mushroom and canadian bacon (MY PIZZA) at the top of the pile.

I feel betrayed. Not sure what to do. This has been a long string of lying with him. I talked to his mom on the phone and she said I was being crazy. Need advice from a neutral party.

tl;dr: husband ate my stuffed crust and is lying. Should i confront him or let it go?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

:killing:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tactlessbastard posted:

Could have gone with medium, too. They're the ones that brought us that howler about how that guy got over his wife's miscarriage by knocking off some strange at burning man

Holy poo poo I'd forgotten about that. The alpha and omega of self owns.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Theophany posted:

Holy poo poo I'd forgotten about that. The alpha and omega of self owns.

https://medium.com/@ianmack/love-will-be-the-death-of-us-7baa690dcd0

always worth a revisit.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I've got a real bastard of an exam to sit today. Thank you for this much needed distraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

PetraCore posted:

Hm. Wow, I'm way behind, because I would have guessed she's trying to signal she's a lesbian.

(I am not a very experienced lesbian at picking up when someone is a lesbian).

That said, I don't want to make fun of her looks. It's not very funny. I want to make fun of her poor life choices.

I’d hit on her at a party, which means she’s a lesbian.