Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Onion used to have balls, now I don't go there ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Professor Shark posted:

The Onion used to have balls, now I don't go there ever

due to... lack of balls?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
the hard times is much better at satire than the onion has been lately. clickhole is pretty good too though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

gey muckle mowser posted:

clickhole is pretty good too though.

When they aren't busy having a twitter meltdown you mean?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Jack Trades posted:

When they aren't busy having a twitter meltdown you mean?

I'm not on twitter, what happened?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
peppa goes to war with *spins the wheel*

iran!

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

"$1,000,000 value"

If it's in quotes you can print whatever you want and they can't stop you

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Diaper fur herer where da furs wearing diapies???
Wrong thread...but is it??

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got them
In different area codes even

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Diaper fur herer where da furs wearing diapies???
Wrong thread...but is it??

Hi diaper führer, I think the nazi babyfurs thread is over thattaway buddy.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

"ATM Machine" :argh:

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ate all the Oreos posted:

Hi diaper führer, I think the nazi babyfurs thread is over thattaway buddy.
9,9 9!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I had an algebra teacher in high school who would make the class chant "I LIKE MATH, I NEED MATH" every day, and this slogan reminded me of that

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I had a friend at my last job who was addicted to buying virtual shoes in second life. I have no idea why, but boy did she spend a lot of actual money on it

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Skypie posted:

"I LIKE MATH, I NEED MATH"

You're right, Invader Zim would fit right in this thread

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hmm yes tell me more about these hoes :hmmyes:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

most efficient allocation of resources

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Whatever chemist first posited using synthetic esters to make dumb consumer poo poo smell like fruit stroke should have cost their alma mater it's accreditation.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Whatever chemist first posited using synthetic esters to make dumb consumer poo poo smell like fruit stroke should have cost their alma mater it's accreditation.

Are scratch-and-sniffs dangerous? :ohdear:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/council-house-kensington-chlesea-grenfell-empty-any-names-housing-a8456906.html

Reminder that it would've cost literally £5,000 to not wrap Grenfell in napalm and murder 72 people. Half of the families aren't rehoused to this day.

Frankly I think stuff like this demonstrates how loving wrong Hobbes was insofar as it surely is evidence that humans are fairly docile and willing to work things out peacefully if there's a chance - however slight of a chance.

Because following that Grenfell story I am astonished that people aren't just murdering Council/Tory representatives at this point. poo poo, I would. My whole family died because you fucks worship 'muh free market' ultra hard and therefore no fire safety controls? And you covered the building in what is basically kindling so it'd look slightly better while at the same time no one could be arsed to actually fix the numerous fire safety complaints that had been made? It's a testament to the survivors that they aren't tearing people apart in the streets.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Switchback posted:

Yes, when they are on a set of blades

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Switchback posted:

Not any more dangerous than other single-use crap that doesn't really work. The best use of scratch & sniff ever was probably John Waters' Polyester, so... not much.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Switchback posted:

Yes, at the bottom of a swimming pool.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

:thunk:

Are those Chuck-E Cheese tokens???

e: they fuckin are lmao

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Moridin920 posted:

bitcoin: where a kid can be a kid

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Switchback posted:

First rule of toxicology - dose makes the poison.

Thankfully, the dose you get from occasionally sniffing a set of scissors isn't enough to do harm.

Sniffing scissors, on the other hand - putting metal blades up to your face? What could go wrong?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah it's from this:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/chuck-e-cheese-bitcoin/

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KiteAuraan posted:

A joke about both Iron Eyes Cody and the fact that relatively developed nations have plastic rivers too. The US one upped it of course with Fire Rivers, until the EPA.

uh "crying indian" doesn't reference India, it's an old US ad against pollution, featuring a crying native american (actually some italian dude)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

uh "crying indian" doesn't reference India, it's an old US ad against pollution, featuring a crying native american (actually some italian dude)

The original picture someone said "cryingindian.jpg" to that started this all was taken in Mumbai

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Moridin920 posted:

Because following that Grenfell story I am astonished that people aren't just murdering Council/Tory representatives at this point. poo poo, I would. My whole family died because you fucks worship 'muh free market' ultra hard and therefore no fire safety controls? And you covered the building in what is basically kindling so it'd look slightly better while at the same time no one could be arsed to actually fix the numerous fire safety complaints that had been made? It's a testament to the survivors that they aren't tearing people apart in the streets.
The fact that laissez-faire capitalism continues to be seen as a viable political structure by anyone is far and away the most baffling thing about our society. People nod their head whenever someone talks about "red tape" and how we should "deregulate" an industry despite the fact that time and time again the industry moves to ruin people's lives if not outright allowing them to be killed if it gets them an extra $1 a year by day one of doing that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/lukewsavage/status/1021764517124956160?s=21

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

kuddles posted:

The fact that laissez-faire capitalism continues to be seen as a viable political structure by anyone is far and away the most baffling thing about our society. People nod their head whenever someone talks about "red tape" and how we should "deregulate" an industry despite the fact that time and time again the industry moves to ruin people's lives if not outright allowing them to be killed if it gets them an extra $1 a year by day one of doing that.

People hate being told they can or can't do things, so rebranding regulations as somehow personal violations of freedoms works incredibly well. That plus capital managed to rebrand all the bad parts of capitalism as somehow the government's fault (crony capitalism!!!) and yeah.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Its really easy to fall into the trap that breathing is a right but think about all the job creators you are hurting because they cant monetize the air.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ate all the Oreos posted:

The original picture someone said "cryingindian.jpg" to that started this all was taken in Mumbai

oh, i guess that's what I get for smugly trying to correct people :v:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

https://thinkprogress.org/mcdonalds-tells-workers-to-budget-by-getting-a-second-job-and-turning-off-their-heat-c3bce1526c1e/

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Is that from Do the Right Thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/ihatejoelkim/status/1021535652859404288?s=19

Crowdfunding is a better use of resources than government taxing and billing for healthcare. Prove me wrong.