Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Saint Freak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofIdh9t0kyQ

Rad. I don't even know what like 80% of those instruments are.

Some of the instrumental tracks have been uploaded online and they’re pretty rad. Never paid much attention to any of the TR reboot scores before but this one has got some bangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope any of those dumb Limited Collector Editions that include figurines/statues that only serve to bump up the price of the SKUs haven't already gone into production and aren't just sitting in a warehouse with poor air-circulation.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1021715050632032256

Not even your collectables are safe from global warming.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would pay extra to get figures like that

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what, is it not supposed to look like that

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Saint Freak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofIdh9t0kyQ

Rad. I don't even know what like 80% of those instruments are.

I hope having a new developer means they won't just redo the same plot a third time but in a new location. I really, really hated Rise.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dmc1 lore

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Question for the thread: who is the worst father in video games?

I'm putting my money on Heihachi.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Troll logic

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

The worst father to their kids or the worst person who is also a father?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

The worst father to their kids or the worst person who is also a father?

Worst to kids.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Me in Fallout 4.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Grapplejack posted:

Ness' dad who is represented by a phone in the credits

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Grapplejack posted:

the worst Father is shawn in fallout 4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

where the hell is morton koopa sr

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

MMF Freeway posted:

Ness' dad who is represented by a phone in the credits

:unsmith:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You, in Fallout 4

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I hope any of those dumb Limited Collector Editions that include figurines/statues that only serve to bump up the price of the SKUs haven't already gone into production and aren't just sitting in a warehouse with poor air-circulation.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1021715050632032256

Not even your collectables are safe from global warming.

I wish collector's editions were just the game and like an art book and soundtrack. Even if the figures in a lot of them were high quality, I don't want one.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

exquisite tea posted:

I used to talk with my friend for hours about whose ending in Soul Calibur 1 should be canon and what each of the characters would do if they won, so probably more than you think. Most fighters are just kind of whatever with their stories but something about SC has always captured the imagination.

Soul Blade and Soul Calibur spoiled me on every fighting game afterwards because of the story modes. gently caress they were so good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The fuckup from Heavy Rain who manages to lose both his sons in about a year

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
A good plot for a fighting game would be a bunch of guys and gals fight each other in s tournament for money, fame and personal accomplishment.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Still dont get what people think elevates NRS single player modes...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Still dont get what people think elevates NRS single player modes...

The story modes are whatever but I always dug the single-player challenge modes with gimmicks and skill tests

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A Street Fighter must answer the question of who is paying for Ryu's plane tickets.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

chumbler posted:

A Street Fighter must answer the question of who is paying for Ryu's plane tickets.

Shen Long

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

exploded mummy posted:

would you say it's like going back to watch old wrestling ppvs and ignoring all the TV shows to get the larger sense of context

That's more of an arcade light gun game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I remember reading a Street Fight comic book many many years ago, and it included little info capsules on some of the characters. These included stuff like favourite foods and blood type.

No idea how canon it was but even at age like nine I knew it was silly

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I remember reading a Street Fight comic book many many years ago, and it included little info capsules on some of the characters. These included stuff like favourite foods and blood type.

Japan has a thing with blood type determining personality.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Bloodtype is extremely canon because japanese devs use it as short hand for personality like how westerners talk about zodiac signs.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Weight is the funniest Street Fighter statistic because SF5 Ryu is like 160 pounds or something ludicrous like that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Speaking of SF there was an article someone posted in PYF the other day about all the problems of the Street Fighter movie production. Like, aside from the fact that one of the stars was literally dying during it.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/jul/16/inside-street-fighter-movie-jean-claude-van-damme-kylie-minogue?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

There’s a scene where Ryu was to engage in a deadly sword fight with Vega (played by Jay Tavare), and Mann was supposed to have been well-drilled in fighting techniques – but the lessons kept being put off. “Then one day I was having lunch, and an assistant director came over to me and said: ‘Hey, are you ready for your knife fight?’ I said: ‘What are you talking about? I don’t know anything about it.’ I went to one of the Thai extras, a stunt guy, and asked him if he could help. On the spot, he taught me what he knew – and that’s what you see in the movie. And it was a bladed sword, it wasn’t plastic. I could have injured myself and others.”

“There was a scene where we blew up a temple,” says Heygate. “The art department built it,” he hastens to add. “The effects were only supposed to blow a quarter of it up but it got a bit out of hand. We had Jean-Claude, Kylie [Minogue, who played Cammy] and a bunch of other actors right outside it as it blew – and the whole thing went up. There was $240,000 of scaffolding and it just melted. But the sequence looked great.”

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

Does Bhall from the Baldur's Gate games count?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Grapplejack posted:

brown g

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Gehn from the Myst series was a pretty lovely dad.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

Gehn from the Myst series was a pretty lovely dad.

so was Atrus when you think about it

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Atrus isn't innocent himself. How did his sons turn out so lovely

edit: gently caress!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

drat, my sons ended up being tyrannical shitlords with god complexes. Maybe I shouldn’t have shown them how to become literal gods with this technique that doomed my entire civilization? Oh well, best to just lock them up forever and start over.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

I appreciate that they made a "Smooth Criminal" action figure, but the costume is all wrong.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

drat, my sons ended up being tyrannical shitlords with god complexes. Maybe I shouldn’t have shown them how to become literal gods with this technique that doomed my entire civilization? Oh well, best to just lock them up forever and start over.

He didn't actually teach them how to write linking books

then he taught Yeesha from an early age because ???

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I thought the whole point of Myst III was Atrus trying to show his sons how to properly respect and maintain the Ages but they effed it all up and ruined Brad Doriff’s homeworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Oh yeah imprisoning your sons forever in pitch black solitary book prison is extremely hosed. And why did he put them out on display shelves.

• Locked thread