Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

So hey dump incoming

Lately I've been working on fixing up a Dreamcast. Its one of the coolest consoles ever, and it's a fun way to keep myself occupied while America burns

The patient. One of the original systems that still has a AV port on the back that supports VGA connection. Fuckin disgusting and yellow.

I scrubbed the poo poo out of it, got all the marks off with baking soda and elbow grease. I cover it in salon cream and plastic wrap, as my fetish demands.

After sacrificing the best cattle from my herd and speaking the forbidden incantations I leave my project to allow Ra the sun God to bless my Dreamcast and purge the yellow plastic from my eyes forever

The flesh and blood have pleased him, and Ra saw fit to bless me for my reverence to the old ways

Oh I also replaced the CMOS battery with a battery holder so it's easier to replace.

Next step is ordering secret Russian technology to replace the GD-ROM drive with a hard drive and buying a raspberry pi 3 to make a USB modem to connect this bad boy online again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

boop the snoot posted:

-Mustang when he’s an O-6 fighting the next forever war (or maybe even the same one)

"Ferdinand Foch said it takes 15,000 casualties to train a major general, so I'm doing pretty good"
-O-6 Mustang

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Looking for any guys to roll with on fortnite pc (can also xb1) and pubg on pc/. Not a idiot just tired of solo'ing. Its killing me

https://steamcommunity.com/id/traumamcs

Add me pleeease

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

all apologies posted:

Looking for any guys to roll with on fortnite pc (can also xb1) and pubg on pc/. Not a idiot just tired of solo'ing. Its killing me

https://steamcommunity.com/id/traumamcs

Add me pleeease

Join us in the GiP discord. PMed you the info

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Playing one difficulty up on rim world. Converted a nerd to do my research after the fucker and his friends tried to kidnap my gardener. Found out the dudes a cannibal and is currently living in a room with a reserch bench in it and arefrigerated 3x3 closet full designated for corpse disposal.....this game is weird. Also lost a guy to a pack of angry beavers poor basterd couldn'tout run them.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Rimworld is amazing game for exactly those reasons.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

As my gaming rig is in storage, I'm replaying a bunch of older games on my crummy old laptop.

Wold In Conflict.

It's so drat pretty, and full of easily missed details. The devs modeled an aircraft which only appears once in the game as a mounted static display at a base. And if you (as the player) ever look up at the sky, they not only rendered clouds, but cast the appropriate lighting on those clouds. Sunsets are particularly good-looking.

I just want to watch beautiful artillery strikes all day, but if I take my eyes off my units for ten goddamn seconds, they get slaughtered by the Soviets.

:mad:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Dreamcast necromancy

Dude, that is legit super cool.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

WIC owns dude. We played some games a whle ago, I'd be down to get it going again

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Was thinking about getting No Man's Sky since there's that mega patch coming.

It's 60 bucks.

Eat a bag of dicks, you're not fooling me.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

WIC owns dude. We played some games a whle ago, I'd be down to get it going again

WIC was super awesome. And I have a little piece of the Berlin wall that came with the game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Vasudus posted:

It's 60 bucks.

lol

It got real cheap there for a minute iirc

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got a considerable amount of mileage out of Surviving Mars so far despite the fact that the game is really simple and very very slow. Maybe it's because it's so chill? It runs really well in a tab and doesn't demand a lot of focus from me so it's been great while I work from home. It's most certainly not worth the 45 bucks unless you're bored, loved the first few Tropicos, and have a fair amount of time to waste.

It's looking like a Fallout 4 stint might be next in line because there's nothing appealing out there right now from the looks of it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I’d like to take a moment and give my stamp of approval to Civ VI on the iPad.

Plays pretty well, is the full game, saved me from hauling a personal laptop this go around.

Con: the price.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Vasudus posted:

It's 60 bucks.

Yeah, lol, I did the same thing when it came up earlier in the week. They're out of their goddamned minds asking $60 for one of the most maligned games of recent memory

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Like I'm not opposed to spending 60 bucks for a game these days. But I want...assurances. And even then there's no guarantee; the last full priced launch date game I bought was Farcry 5 and it ran out of gas after like 6 hours, with another 15-20 of me basically reenacting the flying pig scene from the Simpsons trying to justify it.

20-30 bucks I'm much more willing to shell out because even if I get 20 hours of entertainment I'll consider that worthwhile.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Anyone interested in a MSI GTX 1080 card?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Message requesting deets sent.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok well Godholio snagged it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
maybe now he will finally git gud at pubg :twisted:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

I'm down once I get on something resembling a steady shift. I just started pulling all sorts of weird hours at work, which mean I basically divide all my time between work and sleep. Should be good in a couple of weeks.

I seem to recall being much better at this (and all other RTS games). I guess as I age, my Starcraft reflexes have begun to fail me.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

WIC loving owns but for some reason I can’t get it to run on my Win10 PC.

That game deserved a sequel. I think my favorite mission was the one where you defend a village in Italy with NATO. I dropped so many French commandos into the woods and used them as observers for their small-radius artillery strikes. Killed so many tanks that way.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

WIC loving owns but for some reason I can’t get it to run on my Win10 PC.

That game deserved a sequel. I think my favorite mission was the one where you defend a village in Italy with NATO. I dropped so many French commandos into the woods and used them as observers for their small-radius artillery strikes. Killed so many tanks that way.

that's weird, i was running the GOG version no worries

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Gonna try to get into Stellaris again, might grab the Synthetic dawn DLC beforehand

Anyone have a recommendation for a race/style that's not too punishing? I had some trouble with my first playthrough as generic run-of-the-mill militaristic humans or whatever they were called. Didn't really know what exactly to prioritize early on, so I was lagging a little behind all other surrounding races for the majority of my early-to-midgame, and then just massively outpaced at some point when poo poo actually started hitting the wall. Didn't help that a lot of the races surrounding me allied themselves for containment. And I wasn't even trying to be a dick to them at that point.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Go robots and either be Assimilators or Exterminators. They're really fun and different.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Sidenote: Greenmangaming was kosher for codes and poo poo, right? I seem to recall one of those sellers being pretty trusted here, and it was something with two Gs, so I'm figuring that was the one

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's steam or greenman, yeah. GMG is legit.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

greenmangaming's summer sale is better than Steam's

they even have lightning deals

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Sidenote: Greenmangaming was kosher for codes and poo poo, right? I seem to recall one of those sellers being pretty trusted here, and it was something with two Gs, so I'm figuring that was the one

GMG is very legit

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No Man's Sky NEXT just dropped today, the patch notes are long, and the download is huge (9.7 GB)

Multiplayer

-Team up with a small group of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travellers.

-Help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.

-Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.

-Group up to build communal bases, farms, and racetracks, and share your creations with all players online.

-Explore the galaxy at your own pace, or progress together from the very start of the game and all the way through the story.

-Progress together through the tutorial and story, or explore freely.

-Invite your friends aboard your Freighter and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commission Station on your bridge.

-Communicate with other players vocally using a headset, and / or converse using text chat on PC.

-While wandering the galaxy solo, continue to experience chance encounters with strange floating orbs.

Other highlights are you can use a third person view and customize your appearance(as well as be Gek, Vy’keen, Korvax or Traveller / Anomaly), you can build bases anywhere and sculpt terrain to suit it, planets have rings, mountains are higher etc, there'll be derelict ships you can explore and a ton of other tweaks and upgrades to graphics and animal AI. Full list on the reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/91i8os/no_mans_sky_next_update_v15_full_patch_notes/

Anyone left that didn't immediately refund the game?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I got stuck with it on PS4.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Wasn't goat simulators space expansion more feature complete than that at launch? I mean the cockpit buttons were intractable and one if them would either change the radio station or eject every CD at you. Somethung I haven't see other games do yet.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm still debating on NMS. I can hear the siren call.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll try to play it tonight but I usually don't get on until like 9pm PST, so if anyone's still up on discord lets check out some pink and blue space zebras or whatever

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh poo poo it's half off today

30 bucks hrm

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe check out a recent review or two if you're on the fence. It's a cool exploration game, but I haven't gotten into it long enough to get into the base building and saving enough money to buy a frigate takes a lot of grinding. But if you're into that already, you might like it.

Edit: poo poo looks good in the first stream I found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI21xD5wyrQ

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 24, 2018

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i just want to know if we can fly around ruin peoples day

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Are Steam reviews like Cinema Discussion on SA, or why are the all-time reviews for NMS "mostly negative" ?

/edit:

Meanwhile, an actual Freemium clicker game has "very positive" reviews :psyduck:

/edit:

The DLC for Clicker heroes is literally just a mechanic that clicks so you don't have to? :psypop:

Okay, I need to see what the deal with these games is

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jul 24, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

oh poo poo it's half off today

30 bucks hrm

Oh just buy the stupid thing from GMG it'll cost less than a DC lunch with your big boy dollars.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are Steam reviews like Cinema Discussion on SA, or why are the all-time reviews for NMS "mostly negative" ?

/edit:

Meanwhile, an actual Freemium clicker game has "very positive" reviews :psyduck:

NMS had a terrible launch and everyone hated it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

EBB posted:

Oh just buy the stupid thing from GMG it'll cost less than a DC lunch with your big boy dollars.

it's not the money

it's the priciple

i scream as i slowly turn into a corn cob

edit: steam reviews for most games are a total mixed bag, you have to look at the number of hours someone has in it in addition to the overall tone, or if they got it provided to them for free as a reviewer or promotion. it's worse than yelp