Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
...not gonna lie, I kinda want to start a podcast just to get Gourley to be on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The Matt Gourley Is Our Guest Podcast

It's one episode and it's very awkward

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It's called "You're Here, Too" and it's us asking Matt Gourley about the other 4 people's podcasts and what he didn't like about them.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

The Matt Gourley Is Our Guest Podcast

It's one episode and it's very awkward

I'm in for $20, who do I venmo

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Holy poo poo this new HH, who could've guessed Comic Con would not be their audience

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This is very hard to listen to

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This is amazing. To hear them eat poo poo so spectacularly is one thing, but to have them providing a running commentary while listening to it about 24 hours after it happened? :discourse:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah that's a banger of an episode lmao

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How the hell did it go so wrong? Comicon sucks and is nice or funny or cool or smart or being nice.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah that's a banger of an episode lmao

Never heard such sincere Hayes laughter. It's brutal, but so so great. "Mrs. Batman"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah that is all-time Hayes laughter. All-time classic episode too. I hope they keep doing the show.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

god, the sound of a single distant chuckle at the “mile and a foot” joke is so horrifying and hilarious

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
This HH episode is so perfect

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It's one of the best episodes of any Earwolf show ever.

I wish the mixing was better. Listening on headphones, the live segments are very quiet and then the interjections hurt my ears really bad.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
The fact that they can take a live episode where they bomb in front of an audience not interested in their humour and turn it into one of the funniest episodes they've ever done is exactly why I love them.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

kuddles posted:

The fact that they can take a live episode where they bomb in front of an audience not interested in their humour and turn it into one of the funniest episodes they've ever done is exactly why I love them.

:same:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I feel 20 X stronger after listening to this episode. Just terrifying power

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I always enjoy HH but this is the first time I've cried laughing to it in a while. From the moment Sean bails on the opening bit, I knew it was going to be special.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
lol as I listen I'm picturing the stoney faces in the audience, just absolutely furious that these two "jocks" have the nerve to poke the gentlest of fun at the thing they've based their entire personalities on

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Holy poo poo that absolute silence.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I had to turn it off a few times because I was in public and looked like a lunatic trying to hold in my laughs

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
that was the podcast eqiuv of 5 gum, just a pure sensory experience

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I was initially nervous about listening given the descriptions, but this was amazing.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
It's Hawkeye!

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"So, I'm not crying..." lmao

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hawk guy

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I really want Moshe to do a proper episode so we can get his perspective

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Goddamn HH was fantastic, I wish they bombed at comic con every week

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I love sean, and I'm in love with sean

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013
holy loving poo poo that HH

I love the point about halfway through where they drop any pretense of the "this went really well" bit and are just nakedly appalled at themselves and the audience.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Crindee posted:

"So, I'm not crying..." lmao

yeah lmao

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Do these cards have anything for me?

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
I can’t even listen to this Hollywood handbook episode

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

anotherone posted:

I can’t even listen to this Hollywood handbook episode

Well imagine how they felt!

Hayes: "How far into this are we?"
Chef Kevin: "Fifteen minutes."
Hayes: "oh my loving god"

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Crindee posted:

Well imagine how they felt!

I literally cannot allow myself to or I will spontaneously die

Jimmy Pardo talked about having a similarly lovely time at Team Coco House so it sounds like the audiences just didn’t really know what was going on across the board.

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

I don't think there's any possible way to top this handbook ep

I'm eagerly awaiting the movie that will based on this thing

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Crindee posted:

lol as I listen I'm picturing the stoney faces in the audience, just absolutely furious that these two "jocks" have the nerve to poke the gentlest of fun at the thing they've based their entire personalities on
They just prefer the more refined high-brow comedy you can only get from having a boardroom of Disney execs work off notes from a focus group and then pay Chris Hemsworth to say it to a CG monster in a wisecracking manner.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
At the end of the day, that raccoon's frickin funny!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Magissima posted:

At the end of the day, that raccoon's frickin funny!

Wow, so brave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Crindee posted:

Hello this is the sentence that has convinced me to listen to an episode of Hollywood Handbook. I am going to download an episode of a podcast I've listened to maybe 10 minutes of before and listen to the two guys make fun of nerds to silence.