Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Help Im Alive posted:

I've only played a couple of them but this is the best katamari song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_QydNXI_ok

I was thinking to myself "this better goddamn well be Lonely Rolling Star" before I clicked the link

thank you for not disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

corn in the bible posted:

today i'm feeling katamari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKiR7ASuldE

what's up with you?

all versions of cherry blossom color season are my favorite katamari song

my second favorite is gin and tonic and red red roses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_olRp55Zs0I

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Samuringa posted:

They all look around the same age so octuplets?

they may look around the same age but iirc one of them (roy koopa jr?) is the oldest and one of them is the youngest (lemmy?)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like the kings theme in m&mk
This game is my fav katamari for some reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyZbqpMsAEI

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"This song is about two lovers"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I kicked Grimm's butt real bad, though I cheesed it by using the fly and spider familiar charms.

The follow up battle is, uh :stare:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

they may look around the same age but iirc one of them (roy koopa jr?) is the oldest and one of them is the youngest (lemmy?)

Octuplets don’t all come out of the cloaca at the same time

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Claire B w/ an A, and think I like B more than A overall except for Sherry. I'm not gonna do Claire A/Leon B and just wait for the remake to play RE2 any more though. Time to see if I can get a PC version of RE3.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr E posted:

I beat Claire B w/ an A, and think I like B more than A overall except for Sherry. I'm not gonna do Claire A/Leon B and just wait for the remake to play RE2 any more though. Time to see if I can get a PC version of RE3.

There's a big fan patch for PC re3 if you do get a hold of a copy. Higher quality fmvs, erc

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
about once every six months or so I find myself wasting hours watching srw attack compilations and that happened today

I should watch some more super robot shows I'm pretty horribly out of date

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
watch overman king gainer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9m3LOUzZs4

it's the creator of gundam making a kids mecha anime about human weakness and obsession and how capitalism inherently corrupts the basic functions of society and in the end people are forced to escape from it using their own willpower and create a brighter future, and the main character is a gamer teen with a dreadlock robot that has a chainsaw pistol

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Colonel posted:

watch overman king gainer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9m3LOUzZs4

it's the creator of gundam making a kids mecha anime about human weakness and obsession and how capitalism inherently corrupts the basic functions of society and in the end people are forced to escape from it using their own willpower and create a brighter future, and the main character is a gamer teen with a dreadlock robot that has a chainsaw pistol

that doesn't sound like what I'm into in super robots, which is g gundam/gaogaigar/gurren lagann

I'd believe you if you told me it's a superhero-style mech show in addition to being about how capitalism sucks though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ah yeah, it's kinda weirdly rooted in between something like gundam and a more super robot-y thing. it's very mech of the week and all of the mechs have really weird humanoid designs and mysterious origins, with crazy robot-specific super powers, but it leans a bit more into individual character drama than into mech action so it might not hit those same notes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Danganronpa is a lot of fun so far.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If you want a super robot show I recommend Zambot 3. Its a lot of explosive fun.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I only ever played the two katamari games on PS2. Even though I own them still I'd totally rebuy them if they put them on PS4.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

bentacos posted:

I only ever played the two katamari games on PS2. Even though I own them still I'd totally rebuy them if they put them on PS4.

this, but if they made hd ports for all modern systmes

i'd play later katamari too i guess but i don't think i'll like any other katamari as much as we love katamari

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Prey's pretty great so far you guys. I'm early on so I feel weak as a kitten, which really helps build the tension when a mimic or phantom is about.

Did die once due to a physics gently caress up though :/

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
here's the secret to prey. when a phantom appears, you just throw things at them. just throw poo poo at them until they go away

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Prey's pretty great so far you guys. I'm early on so I feel weak as a kitten, which really helps build the tension when a mimic or phantom is about.

Did die once due to a physics gently caress up though :/

no that's just what happens when you throw implosion grenades

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

The Colonel posted:

here's the secret to prey. when a phantom appears, you just throw things at them. just throw poo poo at them until they go away

You misspelled "life" and "person" there, bub

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
GIGANTOR

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i'm gonna do it, i'm going to get 2 platinums for Jak & Daxter.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Secret to prey is to just run past everything like a boss

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I almost did but unfortunately the PS3 version is the only one I haven't 100%ed

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

I wish Spore was good guys :smith:

I think the only silver lining from that whole debacle was teaching 9th grade me to not hype up games until they're released and reviewed.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
We <3 Katamari might be the most joyful and pleasant game I've ever played and, I know this is a tired thing to say, but put it on the Switch.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

buglord posted:

I think the only silver lining from that whole debacle was teaching 9th grade me to not hype up games until they're released and reviewed.

It taught me to trust deep-down feelings of uncertainty about games I'm otherwise interested in, which served me pretty well in the Kickstarter era.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

buglord posted:

The creature creator was the only good thing about Spore.

look at this beautiful creation. drat

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Mak0rz posted:

The creature creator was the only good thing about Spore.

look at this beautiful creation. drat

The Bacteria stage was actually pretty fun, to be fair. It would have been an amazing flash game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Relax Or DIE posted:

We <3 Katamari might be the most joyful and pleasant game I've ever played and, I know this is a tired thing to say, but put it on the Switch.

it's funny because it's also a game about keita takahashi asking why he had to make a sequel to katamari damacy but it's also one of the most genuine and emotional stories in any video game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unreal_One posted:

The Bacteria stage was actually pretty fun, to be fair. It would have been an amazing flash game.

it was, but it was fish themed when i played it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Arrrgh I bought one of those component game cables that had plugs for Xbox 360, PS1/2 and Wii thinking I could have them all connected to the component input on my tv, but it looks like it doesn’t deliver audio if more than one console is connected at a time. Lame.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Unreal_One posted:

This was already a thing. It was called flOw and eventually ported to the PS3. The developers went on to make Journey.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I did it. I played video games for two days without checking the thread or staring at walls instead. :toot:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was really into persona 2 until I got into my first battle and this battle system is purestrain trash. Bummer because I really liked the early writing and setting

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Heartcatch posted:

I did it. I played video games for two days without checking the thread or staring at walls instead. :toot:

Congrats.

I started on second chapters and got all the sub-jobs in Octopath. Fun gaming days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

I was really into persona 2 until I got into my first battle and this battle system is purestrain trash. Bummer because I really liked the early writing and setting
That exact same thing happened to me with Persona 1.

• Locked thread