Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The water girl who helped Duane seems sapient as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
senet beast

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bad Seafood posted:

The water girl who helped Duane seems sapient as well.

Yeah, most of the senet beasts that are particularly story-relevant are sapient. which makes sense, there's only so much mileage you can get out of the tree-whatsit or the storm brothers or even the waterbabies, compared to a particularly smart/humaboo waterwoman or, say, a mind-eating snakeman who just couped the foremost league of mad scientists on Kasslyne.

Relatedly, Ash noted that Timofey sticking up to Ruckmearkha took some bravery, since Ruck sticking his personal-khert-fielded talon in Timofey's ghostly innards and swirling it around would be... not great.

Such fragile little wonders.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Those lizards sure are looking awfully Armenian. I doubt any of them will reach the end of their march alive.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch13/ch13_71.html

That's a powerful diss.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

That pitiful attempt at a beard does not suit General Treacherous at all

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'd imagine it's less an attempt, more an unchecked growth.

All that scheming and plotting has started to interfere with his beauty sleep.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ufal doesn't like Karl one bit either

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I don't get the sense anybody likes Karl.

Except I guess Emil's wife, and even that's suspect.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if bell is also getting chewed on by ruck i imagine he might not be doing so hot up top

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

Anonymous asked: Around how long have the Beadmans been in control of Sharteshane?

They bought their noble title sixty years ago - that would have been Jab’s legendary grandfather - and they’ve had their own king for twenty years. They’re on number four.

One more reason why the Mustache so enthusiastically doesn't give one single gently caress about what his subjects get up to in their own time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

It's their testicles, actually.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sonorie is not a good guy but shes p cool

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
It's interesting here because I'm pretty sure whatever Sonorie is planning would be the end of the Aldish caste system and possibly the Dammakhert, so it's a type of cultural genocide she's after, whereas the silver eel is really just regular old garden variety genocide, which is what Bell is after.

I no longer think Sonorie is running her own rebellion on the side, though. Ruck snacked on Bell either on his own or at the behest of someone else (right now I think it was probably option two, and the person in question was Jab Beadman.)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, as satisfying as it is to see General Bell and Karl getting dunked on, Queen Sonorie's pretty odious herself. Less odious perhaps, by degrees, but still willing to exploit moral loopholes and enact cultural genocide - which, historically speaking, tends to go poorly for the people being "Saved from themselves."

Granted, there are a few outliers here making real-world comparisons tricky, but thus far Ashley's been pretty reliable in her adherence to the theme of people in power being massive dicks, which also holds historically.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

It's interesting here because I'm pretty sure whatever Sonorie is planning would be the end of the Aldish caste system and possibly the Dammakhert, so it's a type of cultural genocide she's after, whereas the silver eel is really just regular old garden variety genocide, which is what Bell is after.

I no longer think Sonorie is running her own rebellion on the side, though. Ruck snacked on Bell either on his own or at the behest of someone else (right now I think it was probably option two, and the person in question was Jab Beadman.)

That's a plausible theory, especially given his involvement in whacking Rilursa. Evil Abraham Lincoln is a pretty enjoyable villain anyway.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I intensely dislike this man in the ruffled shirt that is more ruffles than shirt

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Oxxidation posted:

I intensely dislike this man in the ruffled shirt that is more ruffles than shirt

has he ruffled you? :downs:

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

That's a plausible theory, especially given his involvement in whacking Rilursa. Evil Abraham Lincoln is a pretty enjoyable villain anyway.

Yeah, Jab was pretty clearly happy with Alerode and Cresce's cold war scenario, and is unhappy at it turning into a hot war. He prefers the status quo, but he knows Sonorie's up to some poo poo; what he doesn't know is what's happening in Alderode. Jab is definitely on the side of Bell's rebellion and plot to overthrow the Sonories. I'm just not sure the timeline works out - Sonorie and Roger wake Ruck, connect him to the blacktongues and start experimenting with Ruck's venom/Roger's memories/Blacktongue soul mapping. Ruck presumably finds out about Duane during this time, since Bastion made Duane and probably left his research all over Juste. Ruck goes to Sharteshane trying to track Duane down, where he meets Jab, who hooks him up with Chorley and sends him back to Juste. Ilganyag has abandoned the Blacktongues by this point and they're desperate for a new Senet beast leader. Right around that time, Bastion comes back and the other Blacktongues kill their current human leader, with Ruck taking over at the behest of Darkest Paul.

So timeline wise, it seems difficult to believe that Ruck bit Bell to incentivize the rebellion at Jab's behest when Ruck hadn't even met Jab until fairly recently in the plot. Bell's plots seem to have been in motion for longer than that. We know Bell's real break with Sonorie came when she refused the silver eel weapon, but he was probably unhappy long before that. His "religious experience," which I am 95% sure was being bitten by Ruck, seems to have happened right around the same time she refused the eel (though obviously it could have happened earlier)
: http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch12/ch12_31.html

So it might have been that Ruck was already loving with him at that point of his own accord, and Jab Beadman's just hopping on the Crescian rebellion bandwagon that Ruck was already driving.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Yeah, Jab was pretty clearly happy with Alerode and Cresce's cold war scenario, and is unhappy at it turning into a hot war. He prefers the status quo, but he knows Sonorie's up to some poo poo; what he doesn't know is what's happening in Alderode. Jab is definitely on the side of Bell's rebellion and plot to overthrow the Sonories. I'm just not sure the timeline works out - Sonorie and Roger wake Ruck, connect him to the blacktongues and start experimenting with Ruck's venom/Roger's memories/Blacktongue soul mapping. Ruck presumably finds out about Duane during this time, since Bastion made Duane and probably left his research all over Juste. Ruck goes to Sharteshane trying to track Duane down, where he meets Jab, who hooks him up with Chorley and sends him back to Juste. Ilganyag has abandoned the Blacktongues by this point and they're desperate for a new Senet beast leader. Right around that time, Bastion comes back and the other Blacktongues kill their current human leader, with Ruck taking over at the behest of Darkest Paul.

So timeline wise, it seems difficult to believe that Ruck bit Bell to incentivize the rebellion at Jab's behest when Ruck hadn't even met Jab until fairly recently in the plot. Bell's plots seem to have been in motion for longer than that. We know Bell's real break with Sonorie came when she refused the silver eel weapon, but he was probably unhappy long before that. His "religious experience," which I am 95% sure was being bitten by Ruck, seems to have happened right around the same time she refused the eel (though obviously it could have happened earlier)
: http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch12/ch12_31.html

So it might have been that Ruck was already loving with him at that point of his own accord, and Jab Beadman's just hopping on the Crescian rebellion bandwagon that Ruck was already driving.

comedy option, there are two efheby involved, and given out-of-comic stuff about how even other efheby think Ruck's a creepy weirdo and race traitor, that might not be great for our favorite horrible snakeman

That feels like needlessly multiplying entities, though.

Edit: Ash posted the other day that there are two more pages in this scene and she bets nobody can predict how it ends. I'm going with "Emil and or Elka burst in dramatically".

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 22, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I wish to amend my final page prediction, maybe it'll be Bell praying to the efheby. :3:

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
General Bell, that is not the right way to do religion.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Never hesitate to eat a man for the sake of power.

edit: a bit late but arguably NWS

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 25, 2018

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
ohhh noooooooo

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
what a wonderful comic

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Well, that's certainly something.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well there goes another patsy

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I never know what's going on in this comic until a hundred pages after any given page

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
TITTY BIRD 2: THE TITTY SNAKENING is going very well, I see.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

I gotta say I am not a fan of the ratio of hosed up weird titties in incorrect places to regular ol nice titties in this comic

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
All titties matter.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Xarbala posted:

Well there goes another patsy

He'll be fine.

Well, maybe not entirely fine, but what's wrong with our second-favorite religious zealot getting that little bit more unstable?

Grognan posted:

ohhh noooooooo

:allears:

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

somebody from Cope's tumblr posted:

Anonymous asked: What was Bell like before Ruck got his teeth into him?

He was still Bell. Stern, joyless, authoritarian, full of hatred for the Alds that threaten his soldiers and his country, and lizards who dare to think they have any right to stand equal to men. He’s Lord-General. He is not a meek and mild fellow; he is full of ambition and ideals!

Ruck hasn’t gone and changed the man’s personality at all. People would be terribly suspicious of a sudden Stepford Bell and efheby don’t have that kind of power. Yet~

Sooo many questions in my inbox that I’m just not gonna answer. I’m sorry, my lovelies, you gotta wait for the comic <3

Well, based on this ask and the most recent page I no longer think Ruck is working on behalf of Jab Beadman! This implies Ruck is playing his own game, and for stakes much more horrifying than any of the extremely-horrifying stuff that's already happening.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Well, based on this ask and the most recent page I no longer think Ruck is working on behalf of Jab Beadman! This implies Ruck is playing his own game, and for stakes much more horrifying than any of the extremely-horrifying stuff that's already happening.

I personally do not have any objections to a mind-eating apex predator being able to alter the minds of human leaders for the purposes of entertainment and of seasoning for future consumption, and I'm not sure why you seem to.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

Given what said leaders have been up to in the Unsounded world, you may have a point

you've convinced me, Ruck for president

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
All shall be fine and all shall be fine and all manner of things shall be fine

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

All shall be fine and all shall be fine and all manner of things shall be fine

:golfclap:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nude Bastion Winalils, hooray!

Also, Fuzzy, add some titties to the ratio.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The body horror comedy tour is far from over, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

HEY. Eye's DOWN HERE buddy!