Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001
I like how the $5000 tier reward doesn't actually include a copy of the game itself and you have to shell out another $15 for that.

E: no wait, actually what I like is that you have to pay another $10 to have your name redacted from the backer credits.

GeekTheMage fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Wow, that Kickstarter page is... actually pretty thoughtful? Wild.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

quote:

pledged of $42,069 goal

:eyepop:

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Eh a better Kickstarter already basically did that joke for its goal amount.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Ikari Worrier posted:

Eh a better Kickstarter already basically did that joke for its goal amount.

It even did it better.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

I know it's parody but I couldn't break 15 seconds into the kickstarter video.

Nice recycling of the Sextoy ISIS flag though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Voyager I posted:

I know it's parody but I couldn't break 15 seconds into the kickstarter video.

Nice recycling of the Sextoy ISIS flag though.

...I just noticed that. And of course the middle is a horse head.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014
I appreciated reading the Artist Statement on the ISIS dating sim. I also really appreciate how the social media manager has the smallest penis.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
kinda weird that the hero is a white CIA operative. I don't know man, at first i thought it was just all detached irony but reading the kickstarter it looks like the creators got a lot of poo poo she's working through.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Given that's she's worked on Cards Against Humanity, I'm sure we can count on a lot of nuance and attention to the minutae of creating a culturally sensive parody.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's basically an extended Newgrounds flash parody with disturbingly good (relatively) production values.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
I can’t wait to see what hosed up ISIS poo poo they attribute to muslims in general.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Deadguy2322 posted:

The obviously-going-to-betray-you character

How loving dare you, Spider was a true American hero cut down by a madman. You apologize to his wife and son and tell them he died for his country right now, drat it.

Also, why in the name of everything we as sentient beings hold sacred does the LGBT Battlegrounds have high ratings? Surely there can't be that many imbeciles who actually think that's funny?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

People are paying 99 cents to leave a hilarious meme review

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Given that's she's worked on Cards Against Humanity, I'm sure we can count on a lot of nuance and attention to the minutae of creating a culturally sensive parody.

ah ok. That makes so much sense now. Still the artist statement is kind of insane. it reminds me of the girl in high school who discovers feminist theory but she also feels the need to justify her Vegeta bodypillow.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I can’t wait to see what hosed up ISIS poo poo they attribute to muslims in general.

I mean, the creator wrote about this kinda thing in the Artist Statement section of the website

quote:

While the game directly addresses I***'s gender politics, it is equally informed by my identity as a middle eastern person in modern-day America. The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is specifically about I*** because of American perception of the middle east. To many white Americans, I*** is just a group of brown boogeymen in the desert. I*** is universally disavowed by Muslims - they are not a representative depiction of Islam. And yet, Americans tend to use I*** as the face of Islam and the middle east, and that terrifies me because they literally can't tell us apart and think we deserve to die. The Super Patriotic Dating Simulator is a satire about this American perception. It's a satire of the dehumanizing, inaccurate, atrocious politics of American perception of middle eastern people. It's a desperate plea that we recognize how harmful that perception is.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Quicksilver6 posted:

Also, why in the name of everything we as sentient beings hold sacred does the LGBT Battlegrounds have high ratings? Surely there can't be that many imbeciles who actually think that's funny?
Only people who own the game can leave a review on it. Think about who would even buy it in the first place.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://store.steampowered.com/app/781600/Abstractism/
https://twitter.com/joeparlock/status/1023869023061196800
https://twitter.com/joeparlock/status/1023869362132926464

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It seems Valve already deleted the game from Steam but the community page still exists and is pretty wild:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/781600/discussions/0/

:lol:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Palpek posted:

It seems Valve already deleted the game from Steam but the community page still exists and is pretty wild:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/781600/discussions/0/

:lol:

it gets better: abstractism also had inventory items that were exact replicas of expensive TF2 items, so you could buy the game and scam people with it

item drops only happened while you were running both the "game" and the crypto-miner

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

this was on the store page

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
https://store.steampowered.com/app/892630/Mojo_Hanako/

:stare:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
That anime woman looks incredibly uncomfortable.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HebrewMagic posted:

Whatever she's getting paid for this isn't enough.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

HebrewMagic posted:

I guess for some, nothing says “sexy” like a thousand-yard stare mixed with discomfort and disdain

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

skeleton warrior posted:

I guess for some, nothing says “sexy” like a thousand-yard stare mixed with discomfort and disdain

That's all some people ever get in the way of human interaction, eventually someone would start getting turned on by it I guess.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Her anatomy looks uncomfortable. Like it was assembled from mismatched parts without reference to the manual.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Ratoslov posted:

Her anatomy looks uncomfortable. Like it was assembled from mismatched parts without reference to the manual.

miyazaki interview posted:

Miyazaki's specific concerns are over the lack of attention paid to people in real life. He said people in the industry "don't spend time watching real people" and can be characterized as "humans who can't stand looking at other humans." He then called the industry "full of otaku."

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i actually didn't mind the gameplay portion of Mojo. It's a version of 2048 that wouldn't look out of place in an early 90's arcade cabinet.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Yeah, I'm positive nobody's complaints stemmed from the gameplay

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ratoslov posted:

My assumption is that she desperately needs a torso transplant, which is also why she's taking this gig that clearly disgusts her. There's a pretty heavy down payment for those organs, you know?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's high time they were put behind bars.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Hasn't that been an on going thing in anime? Like people referenced old anime then people referenced that and it just kept getting further and further away from how people are actually built and move.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Hasn't that been an on going thing in anime? Like people referenced old anime then people referenced that and it just kept getting further and further away from how people are actually built and move.

It's not limited to just anime.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

entirely unacceptable

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yes. Also the quote isn't just referring to the anatomy of people, but also that anime is moving further and further away from anything that could be described as recognizable human behaviors and motivations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

It's not limited to just anime.

That cartoon is never intended to look realistic, or resemble the two previous versions.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

is it intended to look good

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The greatest trick Cartoon Network ever pulled was convincing people that a brainless cash-in of a bad cartoon helmed by a mediocre white guy was something that people needed to stan for in the name of progressiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

is that a game?