Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't want to really touch the Raiders at all. I have zero and I mean zero belief in John Gruden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/1021883805446090759

something something can't predict injuries

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Isn't it awesome when scandalous news comes out about a player literally minutes after you drafted him? Not sure if this ends up being anything, but something to watch.

OBJ accused of soliciting woman for sex

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Eh I’d rather believe the man himself

https://twitter.com/tylereifert/status/1021412861527117825?s=20

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Tyler Eifert tweeting about "back" is enough to make me nervous.

AND I AM IN NO WAY PAID FOR THE FOLLOWING ADVERTISEMENT

if you're considering doing best ball drafts use draft.com and do the fantasypros promo because if you do it now, you get 6 free months of the FP Hall of Fame level subscription for depositing $10 at Draft. You get all of FP's tools until after the fantasy football season is over. It's all well worth $10. Plus when I did it yesterday, Draft.com tossed me a $3 entrance voucher that I'm currently using on a 12 team slow best ball draft.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ah the fantasy season is back, and I have some keeper questions for everyone because this season is actually tough to figure out.

14 team, 4pt TDs, .5 ppr, 200$ Auction,

Select 3 Keepers

Definitely Keeping:

Todd Gurley: 40$
Keenan Allen: 29$

Maybe?

Evan Engram: 6$
Carson Wentz: 9$
Dion Lewis: 10$

Probably Not

Mark Ingram: 27$
Stefon Diggs: 29$
Sammy Watkins: 25$
Michael Crabtree: 15$
Case Keenum: 6$
Pierre Garcon: 18$
Chris Hogan: 6$
Dede Westbrook: 6$
Chris Carson: 6$
Spencer Ware: 6$

Lol No.
Andrew Luck: 21$

Im leaning Gurley, Allen, Lewis. But I might go Engram instead.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OxySnake posted:

Ah the fantasy season is back, and I have some keeper questions for everyone because this season is actually tough to figure out.

14 team, 4pt TDs, .5 ppr, 200$ Auction,

Select 3 Keepers

Definitely Keeping:

Todd Gurley: 40$
Keenan Allen: 29$

Maybe?

Evan Engram: 6$
Carson Wentz: 9$
Dion Lewis: 10$

Probably Not

Mark Ingram: 27$
Stefon Diggs: 29$
Sammy Watkins: 25$
Michael Crabtree: 15$
Case Keenum: 6$
Pierre Garcon: 18$
Chris Hogan: 6$
Dede Westbrook: 6$
Chris Carson: 6$
Spencer Ware: 6$

Lol No.
Andrew Luck: 21$

Im leaning Gurley, Allen, Lewis. But I might go Engram instead.

There's a BeerSheet for that. You didn't specify roster settings (you should), so I assumed 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX.

Lewis is a savings of $13 to $5, whereas Engram is a savings of $17 to $9. It's a question of balancing scarcity with future potential. Personally I would be inclined to lean towards Engram. While a lot of people are down on his prospects due to the competition for Manning's targets, there's a few reasons I think he will do well:

1. Engram excelled as a rookie, which is very rare for TEs. To me this means his ceiling has not yet been reached.
2. Even with a significant reduction in targets his production would still be sufficient to make him a TE1.
3. I would expect to see an improvement in efficiency under a new offensive scheme, which will further offset the loss in targets.

Combine that with Engram's age and from a keeper perspective I would be very happy to hold on to him for $6.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Thanks for the info Beer, I didnt think you would have your spreadsheet out this early.

Also it is the ESPN

QB/2RB/2WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K setup

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I agree. Keep Engram.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OxySnake posted:

Thanks for the info Beer, I didnt think you would have your spreadsheet out this early.

Also it is the ESPN

QB/2RB/2WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K setup

Yeah I've been running them for the last few weeks. I linked up with Sataere, Drunk Nerds, and Spoeank to improve the ease of access and help clean things up by using the Football Absurdity site. I'll also be using FA to post stuff like guides.

https://footballabsurdity.com/beersheet-request-form/

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I’ll just leave this here:

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1022151899850653697

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doesn’t sound good for Josh Gordon owners

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The more I think about people trying to squeeze blood from a stone in the Buffalo passing game for fantasy this year the funnier it gets

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
drat, I'm going to lose my Dez Bryant bet.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

The more I think about people trying to squeeze blood from a stone in the Buffalo passing game for fantasy this year the funnier it gets

It's only just occurred to me that in my 12 team superflex, it's entirely possible Allen and McCarron get drafted. It's kind of blowing my mind.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just finalized our last draft for my fifth league, and now I have five drafts in five consecutive days at the end of August. The last one of those will most likely be on a phone. Better start mocking now.

:dance: It's coming!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Blonntes and Fortes dynasty league has a team available. Check out the thread if you're interested in joining.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Just finalized our last draft for my fifth league, and now I have five drafts in five consecutive days at the end of August. The last one of those will most likely be on a phone. Better start mocking now.

:dance: It's coming!

I just added a fifth league for funsies.

It's a dynasty.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mikey Purp posted:

Isn't it awesome when scandalous news comes out about a player literally minutes after you drafted him? Not sure if this ends up being anything, but something to watch.

OBJ accused of soliciting woman for sex

This is why you never pay with a credit card!

Also lol at this:

quote:

Temple’s attorney Emmanuel Nsahlai points out in the email exchange that the allegation to “solicit prostitution” is a felony, the New York Post reported.

“I believe its a felony, but you are free to look that up yourself,” he says.

Yeah, having nooooo experience in the matter, I still don't need to "look that up" to be really sure that solicitation in Los Angeles is not a felony.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/YahooFantasy/status/1022514496135286785

Matt Harmon at Yahoo seems good so far

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

These statements always go out right before an announcement of a relapse. I guarantee you that, in a week, we'll be hearing about how Matt Harmon was found giving Willie Snead a handjob in a truck stop.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

These statements always go out right before an announcement of a relapse. I guarantee you that, in a week, we'll be hearing about how Matt Harmon was found giving Willie Snead a handjob in a truck stop.

That's what happens when you can't find a Boston Market.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

RCarr posted:

Hey Man,

New Dynasty year 5 thread is up >> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3864030. Claim your spot son, it's gonna be sweet. Who will go from worst to first this year?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
New BeerSheets are live: https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/92m1wa/beersheets_20180728_enhanced_2qb_edition/

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1022606397320704000?s=19

Secret RV hangout, no girls allowed.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

They're bangin

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
https://twitter.com/BenRogers/status/1023032688360468480

Good thing they've surrounded Dak with mostly bad and inexperienced players.

The Cowboys offense is going to be really bad.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RCarr posted:

I assume anyone that still owns Gordon or desires to own Gordon is already on enough meth that it sounds OK

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The calm before the storm.

The first week of August.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Azhais posted:

I assume anyone that still owns Gordon or desires to own Gordon is already on enough meth that it sounds OK

Gordon left because with his anxiety issues, he wanted to have no part of Hard Knocks.

He’s in Florida practicing daily at UF with their QB’s and WR’s.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There’s clearly more to it than that. We will find out when the NFL addresses it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

There’s clearly more to it than that. We will find out when the NFL addresses it.

There’s actually not. That’s what the UF trainer told my buddy when he was down there for a Mullen football camp and saw Gordon practicing at the stadium.

https://imgur.com/gallery/D9su7J0

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ok I guess we will just take the word of “Matt”, and ignore everything else.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I can see him not wanting anything to do with Hard Knocks but at the same time I can see that being a huge red flag that maybe a sober Josh Gordon just doesn't have the mental health to be in the NFL

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

Ok I guess we will just take the word of “Matt”, and ignore everything else.

Who is saying otherwise?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who is saying otherwise?

I don’t have time to look for the links right now but a few days ago reporters were saying stuff like “there is clearly more going on with this story than we know, but we will have to wait until the NFL comments on his absence.” Then yesterday I read something about possibly needing a reinstatement letter signed by Goodell to rejoin the team. It’s just a super shady situation that screams “RED FLAG.” Sure it could be nothing but I think the chances are higher there’s a real problem there.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

I don’t have time to look for the links right now but a few days ago reporters were saying stuff like “there is clearly more going on with this story than we know, but we will have to wait until the NFL comments on his absence.” Then yesterday I read something about possibly needing a reinstatement letter signed by Goodell to rejoin the team. It’s just a super shady situation that screams “RED FLAG.” Sure it could be nothing but I think the chances are higher there’s a real problem there.

There hasn't been a single indication from the NFL that Gordon is in trouble. Is it a red flag that he's not in training camp? Of course. But to my knowledge there has never been a player in Gordon's situation, particularly the combination of celebrity and recovery. The pressure on him is intense, and there's no precedent for this.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RCarr posted:

He's already been reinstated. What are you even on about?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There hasn't been a single indication from the NFL that Gordon is in trouble. Is it a red flag that he's not in training camp? Of course. But to my knowledge there has never been a player in Gordon's situation, particularly the combination of celebrity and recovery. The pressure on him is intense, and there's no precedent for this.

This is pretty much it.

Props to him to realizing what could happen and avoid it.

RCarr why so bitter or negative about Josh Gordon? He ruin your championship hopes in 2013 or something?

I've seen a bunch of reporters not know what's going on and just reporting basically nothing.

I'll take my good friend (Matt) whose brother was there and heard something first hand compared to a bunch of reporters who haven't talked to Gordon and are grasping for any type of news.

Those are the same reporters who blew up saying Bryant was getting suspended again and that of course was nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

All those articles are feeding into the fact that nothing is being announced. We've been told he isn't being suspended. I think it's more likely those articles are click bait, unless you have something with reputable sources?

People seem to be jumping on nobody knowing anything right now. All I know is that I love the dip in his ADP at the moment.