Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

This never gets old with various characters. I love Parks.

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission
i'm the angry tuba playing (tubing)

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

a penus posted:

naaahhhh bridges are tuff

violin and viola tuning pegs however set off my big dumb bass brain alert

STRING TOO THIN

BIG STRONG BASS HANDS BREAK

:saddowns:

I can see that for sure. To be honest, the Violin is a strange, disconcerting beast to me. All of the parts of my instruments (increasingly even for classical guitars!) are made of metal and graphite and space age technologies (literally -- the best guitar amps still use vacuum tubes). Violins and violas are like, you're a kid, and someone hands you a baby, expecting you to know what to do with it. Here's this small thing, in your hands and you're overwhelmed by how delicate it is, and every neuron in your body is screaming at you and all you can think is

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 25, 2018

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I had a big video game crush on Amarant when I first played this game. I still like his art but looking at his in game model I'm not sure how that happened.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

EGSunBro posted:

I had a big video game crush on Amarant when I first played this game. I still like his art but looking at his in game model I'm not sure how that happened.

big hands?

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Good quality wood is strong. Violins - generally speaking - are good wood.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

pictured: my handsome clown husband

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Guys help there's too many video games coming out and I can't post this in the Switch thread because that thread is having a meltdown atm.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

goatface posted:

and if that wood is (painted) green or black or purple it must be THE BEST WOOD!!!!!

on the other hand, some of these violins I'm working on have been used for 20+ years and they still sound great even if they look... extremely loved (or unloved)

but yeah violins and string instruments in general are much tougher than they look. good quality instruments in general are much tougher than they look. just try not to drop them

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

goatface posted:

they are! and i should know this! maybe i should just acclimate by continuing to increase my instrument collection. I'm already an entire orchestral woodwind section and a small guitar shop.

actually that could be kind of fun... get one of everything and record fifty string takes, and a couple dozen wind takes. do a one-woman recording of some phillip glass or something

a penus posted:

and if that wood is (painted) green or black or purple it must be THE BEST WOOD!!!!!

on the other hand, some of these violins I'm working on have been used for 20+ years and they still sound great even if they look... extremely loved (or unloved)

but yeah violins and string instruments in general are much tougher than they look. good quality instruments in general are much tougher than they look. just try not to drop them

i want to take that violin in your pic home and give it a nice spa treatment. poor thing!

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 25, 2018

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

Guys help there's too many video games coming out and I can't post this in the Switch thread because that thread is having a meltdown atm.

I still have a big backlog and some games I really want to try speedrunning (so more than just a single playthrough with those) but I still want to get more games I haven’t played when I see deals and whatnot

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Lobster posted:

ah yes, "at the moment"

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Catching up on the thread -- which is something I can actually do this time. :v:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Became too soft to live.

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

Octatonic posted:

they are! and i should know this! maybe i should just acclimate by continuing to increase my instrument collection. I'm already an entire orchestral woodwind section and a small guitar shop.

actually that could be kind of fun... get one of everything and record fifty string takes, and a couple dozen wind takes. do a one-woman recording of some phillip glass or something

do do it do do it do do it do do it do do it do do it do do it do do it

quote:

i want to take that violin in your pic home and give it a nice spa treatment. poor thing!

that's me! i'm the spa! :3:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Your Computer posted:

ah yes, "at the moment"

:hmmyes:

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission
oh jeez i talked too much about instruments and forgot to say HELL YEAH PEPSI AND COMFY :pepsi: :comfysamus:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Bahamut cutscene owns so much

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

This has been an incredibly cool and chill week (barring the 25 hours where my power went out and THEY CHOPPED UP ALL MY TREES).

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

oh, kuja

been walking on the treadmill during the whole FF run, but now it's time to get :fluffy:, eat a sandwich and watch the awful games and Arabian Nights

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

parabolic posted:

oh, kuja

been walking on the treadmill during the whole FF run, but now it's time to get :fluffy:, eat a sandwich and watch the awful games and Arabian Nights

Good post so I'mma quote the whole thing even though I'm only responding to part of it:

Which stream is Awful Games and Arabian Nights on?

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Lobster posted:

Good post so I'mma quote the whole thing even though I'm only responding to part of it:

Which stream is Awful Games and Arabian Nights on?

Stream1, right after this - FF9 will switch to stream2

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

:agreed:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Sorry Finnish Phantasm Nein, but I'll be staying on Stream 1 for the bad gaems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

First part of FF9 is done. Didn't watch all of it but what I watched it was fun and commentary was active the whole time.

Now I guess we are on our way to Arabian Nights.

• Locked thread