Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I am watching the season 1 episode where Frasier has a severe fever and is convinced everyone wants to steal his show. Kelsey Grammer really is a rare comedic talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
the bit where he writes himself a bunch of scripts and makes daphne fill em is all kinds of hosed up

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

I am watching the season 1 episode where Frasier has a severe fever and is convinced everyone wants to steal his show. Kelsey Grammer really is a rare comedic talent.

That episode is by far my favorite one.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

Appreciate the hair, bask in it.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, Cassandra Faye really was perfect for him. I think Claire was really good for him too. Hell, I'd marry either of them and I have Frasier levels of commitment issues.

Oh god Claire! Her arc actually made me sad, she was so perfect but he treated her like dogshit. I really liked her rapport with Martin - "you know the secret to making fish jerky don'tcha Marty?" "Feed 'em coffee".

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'm up to mid-season 4 now. one thing that strikes me is how good David Hyde Pierce is at physical comedy, which is a great contrast to Niles being incredibly stuck up

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

the bit where he writes himself a bunch of scripts and makes daphne fill em is all kinds of hosed up

I think there was a joke earlier in this thread. "Now, you... pretend... you're all hosed up on prescription pills..."

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think there was a joke earlier in this thread. "Now, you... pretend... you're all hosed up on prescription pills..."

I bet it was real fun to not have to act for a bit

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I saw an article that suggests Grammer and CBS are considering a "reboot"

Any confirmation? This has the potential to blow, plus it pisses me off that they'd wait until John Mahoney died to do it.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Oh My God They’re Bringing FRASIER Back

No Seattle, no interest to me.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

A beloved 90s sitcom made by working class democrats returned in the 2010s with a far right racist rebranding. I fully expect that within a week of the 2010s rerelease of a beloved 90s sitcom made by a republican, Kelsey Grammer will take credit for several firebombings of abortion clinics

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
this post is on page 69 heehee (:

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
New Fraisier broadcasts a MRA podcast out of Martin's [now an unseen Maris-type character] basement, but Ross rolls her eyes every now and again & so that gives it a crossover mainstream acceptability.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
it'll be set in Chicago as a backdoor third season of Boss. airing on Showtime so that they can get Peri Gilpin's titties out

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Please Kelsey Grammer do not make a twitter account

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I can't think of any reboots I've actually liked, but I'd happily take back Flight of the Conchords.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Pretty much everything Kelsey Grammer acts in at this point is functionally a Frasier reboot. I guess you might as well make extra money by calling it that.

Yes, even X-Men and The Expendables

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it'll be set in Chicago as a backdoor third season of Boss. airing on Showtime so that they can get Peri Gilpin's titties out

Seems worth the trouble

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I absolutely love KelseyGrammerNakedEatingPesto.jpg

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Octy posted:

I can't think of any reboots I've actually liked, but I'd happily take back Flight of the Conchords.

I’ve been trying to get New Zealand to take it back for 10 years! :haw:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If they have Freddy be a cop I'm gonna sue the poo poo out of them. The poo poo out of them!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

beep by grandpa posted:

Please Kelsey Grammer do not make a twitter account

i have bad news for you

https://twitter.com/kelseygrammer

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Bluedeanie posted:

A beloved 90s sitcom made by working class democrats returned in the 2010s with a far right racist rebranding. I fully expect that within a week of the 2010s rerelease of a beloved 90s sitcom made by a republican, Kelsey Grammer will take credit for several firebombings of abortion clinics

[Frasier reveals he voted for Trump in the last election due to diagnosing Hillary with several neuroses after watching the debates].

DAPHNE: Oi, gov'na. That Trump fella took away me green card. They're sending me back ta merry ole England!

NILES: Frasier, I cannot live without my bride, the mother of my child! A delicate flower like her cannot survive on the sooty streets of Manchester! I must renounce my citizenship at once!

FRASIER: SHAAAAME ON YOU NIIILES for leaving this most auspicious beacon of democracy! I SAID GET OUT!

[HESTER CRANE enters room]
HESTER CRANE: That's my boys! [shrugs, looks at camera]

DAPHNE: Now wait jus' a minute luv', you tole' your mum bought the bibbins!

NILES: Sorry, my sweet. Frasier and I had a very bad relationship with our mother starting in 1994. For family harmony, we told everyone she was dead.

FRASIER: NIIIIIILES! Our lie fell apart faster than when you told everyone in finishing school that you were the prop master for Our Town!

EDDIE: Bark!

DAPHNE: Eddie! Get oof' da' couch fo' ya start rollin' around like me brothers would after a blood sausage pie.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Frasier as a cranky old misanthrope who sits in a chair and annoys his ordinary son would be excellent

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Haha prop master for "Our Town". Classic.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

The fact that his very first tweet ISN'T "I'm listening.." makes me angry

Llyr
Mar 24, 2010

Music is the best
One of the first things I did when I first got the internet was search for naked pics of Roz. I was unsuccessful.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

duck trucker posted:

The fact that his very first tweet ISN'T "I'm listening.." makes me angry

It's twitter so "I'm talking" would be more appropriate

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

For a political thriller, that show really did have a lot of titties.

I’d rather see a 3rd season of Boss, so they can resolve that awful cliffhanger, than have rebooted Frasier without Martin. I feel like they’d deal with his absence horribly, like replacing Martin’s role with more of Daphne’s mother.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Frasier as a cranky old misanthrope who sits in a chair and annoys his ordinary son would be excellent

eames recliner in an otherwise unremarkable rented apartment

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

eames recliner in an otherwise unremarkable rented apartment

This is how to do it, 100%

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Frasier lost his job after radio stations became obsolete. His son is an overeducated youtuber who keeps failing to get into medical school and has to to constantly beg him for money.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

GamingHyena posted:

[Frasier reveals he voted for Trump in the last election due to diagnosing Hillary with several neuroses after watching the debates].

DAPHNE: Oi, gov'na. That Trump fella took away me green card. They're sending me back ta merry ole England!

NILES: Frasier, I cannot live without my bride, the mother of my child! A delicate flower like her cannot survive on the sooty streets of Manchester! I must renounce my citizenship at once!

FRASIER: SHAAAAME ON YOU NIIILES for leaving this most auspicious beacon of democracy! I SAID GET OUT!

[HESTER CRANE enters room]
HESTER CRANE: That's my boys! [shrugs, looks at camera]

DAPHNE: Now wait jus' a minute luv', you tole' your mum bought the bibbins!

NILES: Sorry, my sweet. Frasier and I had a very bad relationship with our mother starting in 1994. For family harmony, we told everyone she was dead.

FRASIER: NIIIIIILES! Our lie fell apart faster than when you told everyone in finishing school that you were the prop master for Our Town!

EDDIE: Bark!

DAPHNE: Eddie! Get oof' da' couch fo' ya start rollin' around like me brothers would after a blood sausage pie.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Frasier lost his job after radio stations became obsolete. His son is an overeducated youtuber who keeps failing to get into medical school and has to to constantly beg him for money.

Freddie would’ve been a blue collar detective who was constantly at odds with his dad and uncle's over analyzing the simplest of crimes, his grandpa the only person he could relate to

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Add "Frasier's son helps him start a podcast" and I think this is the most likely scenerio

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Calaveron posted:

Freddie would’ve been a blue collar detective who was constantly at odds with his dad and uncle's over analyzing the simplest of crimes, his grandpa the only person he could relate to

So Frasier is now a sitcom / police procedural hybrid? How depressingly plausible.

Though Frasier and Niles conning their way into a job profiling serial killers could be pretty great

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The new season will feature the Greek cousins extensively as well as have several episodes take place in Manchester revolving around Daphne's crazy family.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1022342329338740736?s=09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Hard to believe. Frasier sneers at Jungians.