Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I guess ICE are the only people not hate watching TWD these days.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

JossiRossi posted:

I guess ICE are the only people not hat watching TWD these days.

There's no one in ICE not doing exactly what they want to be doing, they're basically cosplaying as negan irl already so of course they did this because the saviors are so cool and good

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

crazy cloud posted:

There's no one in ICE not doing exactly what they want to be doing, they're basically cosplaying as negan irl already so of course they did this because the saviors are so cool and good

One of the better examples of Banality of Evil. Doesn't matter if they want to do what they are doing or not, they are letting it happen and participating.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
No, they want to be doing it. ICE accepts the applicants that are too dumb and racist, somehow, to be regular pigs

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

One of the better examples of Banality of Evil. Doesn't matter if they want to do what they are doing or not, they are letting it happen and participating.

Yeah I had a friend trying to say like "well they're just doing their job we shouldn't punish them" and it's like, no, gently caress that and gently caress them.

They're worse than regular pigs, and gently caress regular pigs, ICE agents are no exception. ACAB includes ICE, no doubt.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Meter maids are worse than ICE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBaKVC1wIW4

Andrew Lincoln confirmed at the panel he's done

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

lol they can't do blood camo anymore, but mud camo works just fine.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I will be watching this dead show until everyone is dead.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Chris James 2 posted:

surely the show must die without him

PLEASE

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

JossiRossi posted:

lol they can't do blood camo anymore, but mud camo works just fine.
Why did they even waste the final shot on that? Usually these "oh and one more thing" parts at the end are supposed to be some cool tease or reveal, but instead it was just "look, zombies, scary."

I thought they were going to tease the Whisperers in that shot, like there would be a close up on their faces and you'd see that it was a skin mask or something. Nah, just more bland zombie herds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JazzFlight posted:

Why did they even waste the final shot on that? Usually these "oh and one more thing" parts at the end are supposed to be some cool tease or reveal, but instead it was just "look, zombies, scary."

I thought they were going to tease the Whisperers in that shot,

That IS the shot of how the Whisperers are introduced straight from the comics.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Apparently people are hearing "where are they?" whispered in that scene but I don't.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shneak posted:

Apparently people are hearing "where are they?" whispered in that scene but I don't.

Holy poo poo they ARE saying Where are they! it's streched out a bit but once you're hearing for it it's incredibly obvious.The where starts at 5:18

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

I was so excited for .5 seconds when I thought I saw Sketchy from Z Nation but it's just Dan Fogler so now I guess I'm just gonna wait and see how this season goes.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It seems like they're putting more effort into world building this season, at least in prop efforts which is fine with me

It's still gonna be dumb but there will hopefully more cool scenes this time

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not sure why Maggie decided to Gussy up and Rosita has to wear tight rear end yoga pants or whatever

Everyone should be wearing pants with cargo pockets or maybe a fanny pack

Hopefully Eugene will teach her the ways of the Goon

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo they ARE saying Where are they! it's streched out a bit but once you're hearing for it it's incredibly obvious.The where starts at 5:18

Yeah, that scene looks like it was executed really well, at least. It's subtle enough that the person hearing it might think he or she might've just been imagining things. I stopped watching the show early last season, though. By a few decades from now maybe someone'll try some HBO miniseries remake with better writing

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Shneak posted:

Ahhhh, I see, so it is The Whisperers. Almost too subtle, but I definitely hear it now. Looks like their speech style in the show is more of a zombie growl instead of a hissing sound of traditional whispering.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

So how come they can't keep this under wraps until the episode airs? Aren't they paying him enough to take a few months off from taking other roles until his last episode airs? Why allow it to be spoiled?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Boinks posted:

So how come they can't keep this under wraps until the episode airs? Aren't they paying him enough to take a few months off from taking other roles until his last episode airs? Why allow it to be spoiled?

Regardless of how much longer the show airs, it's clear they need any viewers they can get and it's honestly probably more beneficial to them that more people know in advance it's his last season/last episodes. Brings in curious viewers who want to see how he dies (let's be honest lol he's dying, they didn't even keep Carl alive and that actor actually Still Wanted to be on the show, just needed an amended filming schedule due to pursuing school at the same time)

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
It's so loving stupid lol. "hmmm were doing a time skip and carl wants to go to college for a bit, should replace him with a older actor???? NAAAH KILL HIM LOL". Poor Carl was teetering on the brink of becoming a cool character this entire show and then just died out like a wet fart.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Dongattack posted:

It's so loving stupid lol. "hmmm were doing a time skip and carl wants to go to college for a bit, should replace him with a older actor???? NAAAH KILL HIM LOL". Poor Carl was teetering on the brink of becoming a cool character this entire show and then just died out like a wet fart.

the show is like Survivor except with some talk show host saying "Someone died! Isn't that an amazing an unexpected development" at the end of the show

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
How many versions of the "so glad the show can be about Carl now..." jokes have we done? :dance:

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah I had a friend trying to say like "well they're just doing their job we shouldn't punish them" and it's like, no, gently caress that and gently caress them.

They're worse than regular pigs, and gently caress regular pigs, ICE agents are no exception. ACAB includes ICE, no doubt.

To paraphrase someone smarter than me:

If you want to go into public service, be a firefighter or an EMT. And when the pigs ask you to use your firetruck/ambulance to block in some peaceful protesters, make sure and use it to smash up a few of their police cruisers while wedging it in, citing the exigency of the circumstances.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DanaiGurira/status/1021552777502380032

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

TFW your boy finally gets out of that lovely situation.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

welp

AMC's bringing back Hardwick for Talking Dead

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Chris James 2 posted:

welp

Huh...how about that...

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I am surprised. But I assume they read the tea leaves of the IO9 comment section and talked to fans at Comic Con and figured they could whether the backlash of him coming back because enough people believed him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lauren Cohan told EW that Maggie's story is "open-ended", leaving the possibility for her to return in season 10

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"If my other show tanks, I'll be back!"

Also

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/walking-dead-lauren-cohan-exploring-comedy-contract-dispute-1202886158/amp/

quote:

Cohan said her request for a pay increase was a standard business practice which came while she was negotiating a new contract with the show.

“It wasn’t actually that I was asking for it, it was that my contract had finished,” Cohan said. “So that’s pretty standard renegotiation.” Cohan went on to say that she is hoping to explore “comedy and happier fare,” like her upcoming ABC spy dramedy “Whiskey Cavalier.”

The actress also reassured fans the salary dispute doesn’t mean the end for her “Walking Dead” character, Maggie, and she is still focused on working on the show.

“My ‘Walking Dead’ story is open, it’s not finished,” Cohan said. “You don’t break up with someone and forget about them and delete them from your life, no, things transition into different places.

Cohan is reportedly only going to appear in handful of episodes in “The Walking Dead’s” upcoming ninth season.

When she talks about exploring comedy and expresses her next season on TWD like a "break up" that doesn't sound like someone who is eager to be there or still really considers herself on the show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sincerely what the gently caress does it say about what this show does to its cast, not even just its viewers anymore, when actors openly spoil their own exits and brag about moving on months in advance of the season premiere

I can't think of many other bad shows where I've ever seen this kind of thing happen once, and it's happened multiple times here with just this one season

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

They spoil their own exits because they don't matter anymore none of their characters stories or careers matter at all. Famous people just don't matter anymore. Nobody who matters cares about them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Walking dead is going to switch to a Gilligan’s Island format and have a celebrity “survivor/raider/zombie” every week and make mini arcs of their story.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Next week: Darryl Meets the Zombie Harlem Globetrotters!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Walking dead is going to switch to a Gilligan’s Island format and have a celebrity “survivor/raider/zombie” every week and make mini arcs of their story.

Many of the rich and powerful would probably have a greater chance of surviving the initial days of the outbreak so at this point I wouldn't mind if they went full comic book style craziness and had a celebrity appear as a character playing themselves.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Chris James 2 posted:

welp

This is gross, especially with the show's actual cast falling over each other to jump ship.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Senor Tron posted:

Many of the rich and powerful would probably have a greater chance of surviving the initial days of the outbreak so at this point I wouldn't mind if they went full comic book style craziness and had a celebrity appear as a character playing themselves.

I think BRIAN BLESSED would find a way to enjoy the zombie apocalypse

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Senor Tron posted:

In the comics, Jesus and Aaron kill a bad guy and then when they see his face they go ‘I recognize that guy! He was a famous NBA player with commercials and endorsements!’

I’m assuming the comic couldn’t/wouldn’t name drop an NBA player (at least make up a name, c’mon Kirkman)

*Michonne kills a bad guy*
‘Famous NBA champion Steph Curry?!’

E: Hines Ward played a zombie. For all we know he was actually playing zombified Hines Ward :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Shneak posted:

This is gross, especially with the show's actual cast falling over each other to jump ship.

Yeah, and now Hardwick's twitterati friends are doxxing the former staff members who came out in support of the woman. It's pretty loving gross.