Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no they're all dead, dead, dead!

Hope a psychopomp comes for them soon or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Coyote has been dead before, but then he remembered he was alive.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

He got better.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hremsfeld posted:

He got better.

I mean I guess if he's a new being him being in love with Annie goes from :stonk: to merely :stare:?

....get the hell out of there Annie.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I like how the loose parts of annies hair are lighting up the ether. It looks neat :v:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Huh. Her either hair is actually significantly longer than her normal hair. Somehow this feels a little weirder than it being part of the ether page layout like it was originally. It's probably been longer like this before and I just forgot :v:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Her hair used to stroke all over the page, it's just that recently it has gone through some drastic changes. I guess she's only SSJ2 now.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Loup continues to have a tooth gap, though its location is changing. Now it's in his top teeth.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
There's a gap, but it's still 7 teeth for the side view (for the top at least, the bottom is obscured). That is actually how both shots on the last page have it. It looked to me like maybe one side had 8, but that's probably just a molar looking like two teeth. So no sneaky foreshadowing, just minor art weirdness in what is actually a pretty impressive attention to detail.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh no they're all dead, dead, dead!
Thought they were hot, guess what they're not!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
A funny sort of fusion of Ysengrin's inferiority complex and Coyote's long-game scheming.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh, site's down

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

I wonder if Coyote's tooth could be used to sever Loup back into separate beings once more. It was able to cut a shadow person from the surface they were attached to, so seems like it should be able to separate just about anything.

And now I'm also wondering if that might have been why Coyote didn't want anyone in the forest to know he'd given it to Annie. Perhaps it was meant to be an insurance policy in case Ysengrin decided to chow down on him?

Yeah, that tooth was far beyond the ability of anything else. It reversed a shadow person from two dimensions back to three! That's pretty serious poo poo.

Which is why I go back to my original theory of Coyote giving Ysengrin enough rope to hang himself. It is a massive shift of perspective. A pragmatic being would recognise the unique weaknesses of their new form and consolidate their power, while a reckless being like Loup would not even consider the source of their newfound power, and would squander it.

Maybe I've watched too many spy/crime shows, but if I was Loup, I'd launder my power into cold hard cash before things got bad. The court has some serious poo poo behind it, as the robot shield-wall demonstrates. I would not underestimate mundane human ability.

So I still say it's just Coyote making Ysengrin live out his fantasy, once and for all, before he kills him. Of course, now that I've guessed it, this will not be how it goes, and I'm sorry if that is how the plot was meant to go. But I'm a servant of Ceridwen, and any secrets from this reality are now hers.

IronClaymore fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 21, 2018

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Lunar Suite posted:

Is this gonna turn into that Voyager episode where a teleporter accident fuses two people together, and they debate the ethics of forcibly separating him into his original existences (against the wishes and without the consent of the compound entity)?

That was a good one, except they didn't "accidentally"murder Neelix

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Synthbuttrange posted:

okay but does loup have a fursona

Yes. Its named "Eglamore"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This Coyote fella sounds like a real weirdo

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

So according to Loup, Coyote knew full well what would happen.

I'm expecting he gave the toothsword to Annie with this in mind, and could fairly reliably count on the combination of Ysengrin and himself to not be... introspective enough to remember this detail.

Maybe we'll finally see some hint of what Coyote's been plotting for the last 40 chapters.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think coyote wants to see the court make its god.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

SHISHKABOB posted:

I think coyote wants to see the court make its god.

He probably has some idea about Kat; if not that she's Annie's BFF and maybe the best person, at least that someone like her will emerge as the fulfillment/unexpected consequence of the Court's plans.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ditocoaf posted:

I'm expecting he gave the toothsword to Annie with this in mind, and could fairly reliably count on the combination of Ysengrin and himself to not be... introspective enough to remember this detail.

If Coyote could extract Ysengrin's memories, could he extract his own?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Hodgepodge posted:

He probably has some idea about Kat; if not that she's Annie's BFF and maybe the best person, at least that someone like her will emerge as the fulfillment/unexpected consequence of the Court's plans.

I'm expecting the fact that Kat is completely(?) detached from the Ether to come into play if Ys, Coyote or Loup make a move on the Court as she might be a complete blind spot to them who are supernatural beings. All she's going to see is a weird dog.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

CYBEReris posted:

If Coyote could extract Ysengrin's memories, could he extract his own?

I was just thinking that this would be the perfect way to hide the memory of the tooth from himself.

But it requires Coyote to fully lose his marbles.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

18 Character Limit posted:

I was just thinking that this would be the perfect way to hide the memory of the tooth from himself.

He had them to begin with?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

wake me up when they're done recapping one of the most transparent relationships in the comic

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Given the tense used to refer to Coyote on today's page, I wonder if Loup even considers this a permanent arrangement?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

18 Character Limit posted:

That's a bingo

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

That's a bingo

Of course!~

I've not been so happy with my (and others') coyote avs in quite some time.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
drat that sure went from things happening back to talking heads in a hurry

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

dragon enthusiast posted:

drat that sure went from things happening back to talking heads in a hurry

This comic is not great at pacing.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

This comic is not great at pacing.

Every damned chapter.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Something isn't exploding right now I'm bored.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i feel like this is a new low of interminable

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Patware posted:

i feel like this is a new low of interminable

Same, but regarding this thread.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Glagha posted:

when are they gonna get to the tournament arc!!!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's been at least six pages since anyone got fired into space, I want my money back!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Whenever Boxbot isn't on screen, everyone else should be asking, "Where's Boxbot?"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where is boxbot

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Glagha posted:

When are they gonna get back to the Jeanne plot!!!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Tollymain posted:

where is boxbot

I never saw boxbot among the bunch that got roped into powering the barrier.

we have a rogue agent on our hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I never saw boxbot among the bunch that got roped into powering the barrier.

we have a rogue agent on our hands

Chapter ends. Stinger page, a lone figure watch over the Court from a mountain. They lower the visor, looking directly at the viewer

"Kept you waiting, huh"

Of course a rogue agent at Kat's bidding would be Boxbot.