Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

bamhand posted:

Orbital was pretty bad though? How long does it take the level 20 to take a single keep? It's also incapable of doing core damage on its own. It only seems useful on a specific map like Towers. And simply not having Napalm is a huge penalty to pay.

It keeps the shields from regenerating while clearing creep waves and letting your creeps push indefinitely with no resistance and requires no hero presence or recasting.

It costs you a pretty good teamfight ultimate, but that's not the only way to win games. And it can force the enemy team into a 4v5 because one person has to be constantly dealing with that lane. Talents don't need to be good to break QM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

bamhand posted:

How long does it take to kill the keep? And it doesn't push the lane much until level 20. Which is pretty different from level 10.

I'm curious when they took Orbital in HGC. What map was it on?
It's been taken in half of the ~30 hammer matches in hgc during the last 3 patches on tomb, towers, shrines, volskaya, then I got bored of clicking on more matches to prove a point.

71 percent winrate too

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 25, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Relentless posted:

It keeps the shields from regenerating while clearing creep waves and letting your creeps push indefinitely with no resistance and requires no hero presence or recasting.

It costs you a pretty good teamfight ultimate, but that's not the only way to win games. And it can force the enemy team into a 4v5 because one person has to be constantly dealing with that lane. Talents don't need to be good to break QM.

I'm almost positive there is enough time between each BFG hit for core shields to regenerate to full. The wave push is a valid point though it still just doesn't seem THAT strong to me for a level 20 talent. More like some edge cases where it's strong on Towers or it feels frustrating to play against but isn't actually strong. Like how people hate Chromie but her win rate isn't super high.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

bamhand posted:

How long does it take to kill the keep? And it doesn't push the lane much until level 20. Which is pretty different from level 10.

I'm curious when they took Orbital in HGC. What map was it on?

Here are all the answers you want

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Oh cool. Thanks! So did someone just figure out BFG was good after everyone (like me) assumed it was bad for along time?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

a.) If nexus frenzy still existed it would probably still be the pick. The replacement is dramatically weaker (bfg was partially a meme pre-rework because frenzy was so op).

b.) Ammo changes dramatically changed the game. A team having all 3 keeps up at level 20 was a rarity back then because everything would end up dying for free sooner or later.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oh ok that makes a lot of sense. I actually didn't realize they took out frenzy with her rework. I think I only played a few Hammer games and they never reached 20. I feel like her Napalm talent at 20 is strong as well. But the tower ammo changes also makes sense.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

bamhand posted:

I'm almost positive there is enough time between each BFG hit for core shields to regenerate to full. The wave push is a valid point though it still just doesn't seem THAT strong to me for a level 20 talent. More like some edge cases where it's strong on Towers or it feels frustrating to play against but isn't actually strong. Like how people hate Chromie but her win rate isn't super high.

Doesn't the orbit take less time to make a loop if you fire it on a north/south trajectory instead of west/east? Or is it still long enough that the shields will start to regenerate?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

bamhand posted:

It cycles in 5 seconds, plus travel time across the map. Shields take 8 seconds to start regenerating. So they get in a tick or two, which then gets pretty much immediately wiped by the next one. And if you're not constantly watching it, creeps are marching in preventing regen as well.

Source: Lost to it last night (to be fair, we lost due to a regularly afk Nova on my team who kept reconnecting in the middle of a teamfight, this was just the cherry on top).

It's not an instant game winner, but it's just this constant pressure that makes it hard to properly respond to objectives. Think about it like a level 20 talent for Aba or Azmo that their minions never despawned.

Like a lot of stuff in QM, it's not a problem in a vacuum, but in a close game or with mismatched teams or on certain maps it can be gamebreaking. It's still a great pressure tool, but at least it has counterplay with good waveclear as opposed to "Lol welp we better win in the next 4 minutes."

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Today's patch was good. BFG probably needs a damage buff to make up for the loss of functionality, though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

i think it scales at 3% right now because of orbital... thats the only buff i'd consider.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

bamhand posted:

I'm almost positive there is enough time between each BFG hit for core shields to regenerate to full.

It depends on the angle. Remember that Orbital recasts 5 seconds after it leaves the map, so if you angle it in a sharp diagonal that gets it through the core and off the map faster, it can hit faster.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The second twitter teaser looks like Scarlet Monastery, so now everyone guesses either pantsless inquisitor woman or the scarlet crusade dreadlord but both seem obscure enough to be unlikely.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Whitemane is probably one of the most iconic bosses in WoW, not really that far-fetched

Balnazzar was also pretty heavily featured in WC3, so yeah, also not that obscure

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'm fine with Whitemane if her trait involves being able to loot that sweet hat of hers when you kill her:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

My dev friends have confirmed it as I'm totally loving with you

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Isnt Anduin still a priest? I figured they were gonna make him the priest poster boy with a mass-resurrection ult.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I didn't play WC3 or vanilla wow so they don't count.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Personally I don't give a flying gently caress about the lore or source as long as the character is interestingly designed and fun to play.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm fine with Whitemane if her trait involves being able to loot that sweet hat of hers when you kill her:

Whitemane needs a Reinforced Chapeau talent that gives her damage resistance.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Damnit, i finally switch to arsenal synergy, get good at using it, then they gut it

back to Q quest i guess. I should stop being such a meta whore. At least my boy kaelthas saw some buffs.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

If we get Whitemane before Anduin I'm never going to stop laughing

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Butter Hole posted:

Damnit, i finally switch to arsenal synergy, get good at using it, then they gut it

back to Q quest i guess. I should stop being such a meta whore. At least my boy kaelthas saw some buffs.

He's already my boy. Good on him.

Anyone have hot Azmo strats and/or build with the changes? FYI, his baseline Q now does more damage than pre-patch until level 16, where the reduced scaling catches up.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Aduin is a bitch.

:black101:For the Horde:parrot:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Khako posted:

Isnt Anduin still a priest? I figured they were gonna make him the priest poster boy with a mass-resurrection ult.

Yes. In fact, he's been wearing plate armor and using a sword lately, so Blizzard has had to actively say "He's still a Priest."

If I had to guess, Whitemane would skew more toward the Discipline playstyle of dealing damage to get healing because she's a combat happy, purge it with fire type of Priest. Anduin, if he ever shows up, would then be the more traditional healer. Shadow Priest being, of course, Alleria Windrunner.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Isn't Alleria a "Ranger"/Hunter?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like how the altar even is vaguely shaped like the chapeau. There's no way Whitemane isn't the next hero.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Could also be the dude who wielded the ashbringer

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

skipThings posted:

Could also be the dude who wielded the ashbringer

We literally just got Yrel, that would be an odd move.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Add every paladin back to back

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I mean I don't see why people would want to play my 100 ret paladin but Sure I guess he can be the next hero.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Semper Fudge posted:

Whitemane is probably one of the most iconic bosses in WoW, not really that far-fetched

Balnazzar was also pretty heavily featured in WC3, so yeah, also not that obscure

Yeah the Whitemane fight in Vanilla is the first boss fight with legit mechanics, and her chapeau is dapper AF. I got it on my orc warlock first time I fought her, and I still have it on my account. It's not going to be the warrior because there are already lots of beefy things that hit other things with a point object, plus Whitemane is iconic AND there's no disc/holy priest in HotS.

PS I no longer think it is Valarian

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
And then they zoom in again and on top of the altar is a hamster.

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013
I know it's probably meant to be a chandelier or something, but for the life of me, the blurred image over the altar just looks like some demon head to me, and I can't unsee it. That and those shadowy pillars make me wonder if it isn't something like the temple where you fought Mephisto in D2. I'll bite my tongue if it turns out to be Whitemane after all, but I'd prefer a demon over a chapeau.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

And then they zoom in again and on top of the altar is a hamster.

Yes please

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
It seems to pretty clearly be the cathedral in Scarlet Monastery. Here's what it looks like in WoW, for reference:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I said this in the Discord the other day, but if this hero is from Overwatch I'm quitting.

But I think it's safe to say it's a Warcraft hero, and my money is on Whitemane.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

lucifirius posted:

I said this in the Discord the other day, but if this hero is from Overwatch I'm quitting.

But I think it's safe to say it's a Warcraft hero, and my money is on Whitemane.

I literally find WoW characters so generically named that I could not tell you which person that is.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shockeh posted:

I literally find WoW characters so generically named that I could not tell you which person that is.

It's the witch from the blood church

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I had to remind myself, checked out the video below (and linked to her portion) to find out more. Take away: She may have a self-rez as an ult.

Background lore and Scarlet Monastery run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_03HqYsUSA&t=678s