Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VJeff posted:

Not much point in him being in NJPW taking pins right now.

I mean, i'd rather it be Ishimori getting all the pins in Firing Squad tag matches than Loa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I get the impression that he's just running out the dates he had left with TNA and then he'll be gone.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

with callis in the office and callihan representing tna on the jericho roh cruise and them promoting bone soldier with the bullet club and lion mark logos it seems entirely possible that impact becomes a canadian branch of the njpw-roh axis

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

with callis in the office and callihan representing tna on the jericho roh cruise and them promoting bone soldier with the bullet club and lion mark logos it seems entirely possible that impact becomes a canadian branch of the njpw-roh axis

ROH has always done better in Canada, or at least Toronto though. Drawing 300 for the Monday tapings and probably that or less for yesterday doesn't seem like it'd be worth undercutting ROH for.

I suppose it could happen if ROH was real thirsty for a partnership with Impact but ROH or even NJPW on it's own would outdraw an Impact-branded thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Impact draws almost as many as Inter Species Wrestling.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

It's probably okay to have gently caress finishes on TV to build up to a PPV, but it's also just okay to not have your heavyweight champion wrestle at every show.

Also they only run 2 goddamn PPVs now.

Also they're already UTTERLY squandering Joe Hendry who while not a world beater is probably a more complete package than anyone in the company right now sans Pentagon.

TNA...TNA Never Changes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also they only run 2 goddamn PPVs now.

Redemption was in April, Slammiversary was Sunday, Bound for Glory is October

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

If I was TNA I'd change the schedule to:

Bound for Glory in October

Redemption in January to set up the next year's storylines

Destination X or Lockdown in April during WrestleMania weekend

Slammiversary in July

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 26, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Oh whatever you know what I mean.

(Thanks for the edification.)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE NXT UK Night 1 taping in Cambridge results - it appears 3 shows were taped tonight.

Spoilers courtesy of http://www.ringsidenews.com

quote:

Dark match: Ligero defeated James Drake.

Episode 1:

Joe Coffey defeated Mark Andrews. After the match Coffey beat down Andrews until Flash Morgan Webster made the save.

Toni Storm defeated Nina Samuels.

Dave Mastiff defeated Sid Scala via murder.

NXT Championship: Pete Dunne defeats Noam Dar to retain his championship title.

Content for Episodes 2 & 3 appeared mixed up:

Kenny Williams beat Joseph Connors via stoppage. Didn't appear scripted. Ref threw up the X. Conners isn’t moving. After being down for about five minutes, Connors managed to get up after being knocked out cold. He was then helped to the back.

Dakota Kai beat Killer Kelly.

Ashton Smith defeats Tucker.

Zack Gibson cuts a promo. Has an exchange with Noam Dar. Fans chant “shut the gently caress up” at Gibson. Johnny Saint comes out and tells Gibson and Dar to go back to his office.

Trent Seven defeated Saxon Huxley.

Flash Morgan Webster defeated Mark Coffey by roll-up. Both Joe & Mark Coffey beat him down. Travis Banks and Mark Andrews made the save.

Tyler Bate defeated Wolfgang.

Danny Burch defeated Sam Gradwell. Danny Burch cuts a passionate promo. Calls out Pete Dunne for a title match.

Zack Gibson defeated Noam Dar. They had to re-shoot the endin

Doesn't exactly jump off the page.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/wearenxtuk/status/1023297384300929024

When you select a 77-year-old General Manager and modern Wrestling is needlessly overcomplicated.

Johnny Saint bless him is 28 years older than Kurt Angle who at times struggles himself.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
He lost on his loving birthday gently caress you Pete

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why does that stupid show even need a GM

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why does any

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Should just be a Jack Tunney type situation

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is pretty notable as Millie is just 18 years of age. However, she is a real prodigy and a Pete Dunne understudy. Super over and well-liked on the UK indie scene.

https://twitter.com/thedeiowen/status/1023630444779241472?s=21

https://twitter.com/SpinebusterM/status/1013491808037474305

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Things to note about Smackdown tonight:

Becky Lynch will be opening the show, Carmella is set to interrupt. She'll get interrupted by Charlotte, who is cleared to return.
The main event will be Carmella vs Charlotte, and if Charlotte wins, she gets added into the Summerslam Smackdown Women's Title match.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

How is Fightful leaking these scripts?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

How is Fightful leaking these scripts?

Someone sends them the scripts, I guess.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

It is a bit more unique than that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

It is a bit more unique than that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Time travel

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expect changes to the NXT Takeover card.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Any hints you willing to give? I can't really see any matches they would could tweak from the announced card so far and the yet to be announced matches.

For reference for those who don't know:

- Ciampa vs Gargano vs Black

- EC3 vs Velveteen Dream

- Shayna vs Kairi

- Ricochet vs Cole

- TUE vs Mustache Mountain

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 1, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Any hints you willing to give? I can't really see any matches they would could tweak from the announced card so far and the yet to be announced matches.

No. Hopefully the Observer will have it.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Meaning unveiled tonight, or just going forward?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

didn't Jerusalem tell you to stfu with the vague hinting bullshit, here in the spoilers thread?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ricochet hurt

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

bradzilla posted:

didn't Jerusalem tell you to stfu with the vague hinting bullshit, here in the spoilers thread?

Or posters could just calm down and not ask questions I am not going to answer or can't. And just take my posts for what they are. I am not being vague they haven't fully decided on what the changes will be yet. Again wait for the Observer.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Aw poo poo

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

rovert posted:

I am not being vague

rovert posted:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's a pretty direct statement imo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

You chopped off the sentence there. Again I am not being vague. NXT has been discussing shuffling around the card all week. Nothing has been finalised. That's it.

IcePhoenix posted:

That's a pretty direct statement imo

It is.

rovert fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 1, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Or posters could just calm down and not ask questions I am not going to answer or can't. And just take my posts for what they are. I am not being vague they haven't fully decided on what the changes will be yet. Again wait for the Observer.

Nobody was asking about it until you brought it up, so you don't really have a leg to stand on here.

That said, I hope Shayna's out.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nobody was asking about it until you brought it up, so you don't really have a leg to stand on here.

Shayna worked the tour over last weekend (losing in tag matches or squashing Candice), so I don't think its her. I don't recall Ricochet working any matches over the latest tour, and he was supposed to be a part of them, so he could be the person injured. In fact, he hasn't worked any matches since June 21st apparently.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Are they gonna drop the pretense and just remove Black from the main event? :v:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Are they gonna drop the pretense and just remove Black from the main event? :v:

Someone's gotta take the pin, and if it's gonna be Gargano and in a singles match, just send him to the main roster soon after already

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
can't believe they finally tested ricochet's urine.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Firstly that makes no sense.

Given how the TV was taped I dunno when or how the changes can/will be inserted it could be as late as the preshow. So it is kinda silly to speculate. Let it play out. This thread is more for spoilers than speculation. Also, the whole card hasn't been revealed on TV yet so I am not posting anything about this in the NXT thread out of respect for the posters who don't want spoilers at all. I am just saying for various reasons Takeover won't go down as originally planned at the Full Sail taping. When I know more I will post more. The show is two weeks away they could change their minds dozens of times. That's outside of my control.

This shouldn't require a lengthy explanation.

rovert fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
If Ricochet is out then gently caress it have Keith Lee beat Cole for the strap