Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

If I remember right the "energy mines" the Narn cruisers shoot were also intended to be part of the EarthForce Omega destroyer's loadout.

Yep. Hence the matching launchers on the Omega-class 'chin'. And the red dots on the side were missile tubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Kingtheninja posted:

Ahhh holy poo poo you guys the centauri just beat the narn and londo is stone cold demanding g'kar go to trial. Sheridan looked like he was going to murder londo for yelling at him.

I honestly can't watch anymore tonight but God drat that ending was hard, I think I hate londo.

Edit: "the centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again." :drat:

A haha just watched this episode yesterday and yeah G'kar looked Tottaly defeated and beaten down then comes up with that bad rear end statement.

Just watched the episode where the defiant Whitestar was introduced, forgot how cool the ship was.

Makes me want to go black and play wing comander prophecy and freespace decent so I can kill some not shadows.

Darth Freddy fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 19, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kingtheninja posted:

Ahhh holy poo poo you guys the centauri just beat the narn and londo is stone cold demanding g'kar go to trial. Sheridan looked like he was going to murder londo for yelling at him.

I honestly can't watch anymore tonight but God drat that ending was hard, I think I hate londo.

Edit: "the centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again." :drat:

That scene is where the Londo/G'Kar relationship kicks into high gear, elevating both of them to new, unforeseen heights.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Freddy posted:

A haha just watched this episode yesterday and yeah G'kar looked Tottaly defeated and beaten down then comes up with that bad rear end statement.

He's watching for the first time, so don't spoil stuff :ssh:.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Oops added some spoiler tags.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Doctor Zero posted:

Seems like.y to be engineered because it’s very unlikely for a disease to be 100% contagious and 100% lethal.

https://www.wired.com/2011/01/airborne-prions-disease/

Though it's worth noting there are no airborne prion diseases. So unless you work in a very unsanitary butcher's shop, sawing through mad-cow infected cattle brains all day long, it's not a concern.

But even without that added bit, from everything we know right now, prion diseases are all 100% fatal, and that's WITH what little treatment we can give. And it clearly doesn't take much to MAKE them aerosolized/airborne, so add in some weird evolutionary path and I could see the potential for a prion or prion-like disease for aliens that can be spread through the air.

Rabies is also 100% fatal without treatment, I think, and if treatment is after symptoms show, then it's still close to 100%. But it's not that contagious, and certainly not airborne.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 19, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yes, untreated rabies is 100% fatal. Kind of amazing,

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Next on random actors Fred has seen. Worm tounge of LOTR and Shang Sung of the first mortal kombat.

Season 3 episode 2.I remember the elivator scene being a lot longer but still great scene.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Edit. Qoute is not edit.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Darth Freddy posted:

Just watched the episode where the defiant Whitestar was introduced, forgot how cool the ship was.

Makes me want to go black and play wing comander prophecy and freespace decent so I can kill some not shadows.

There’s a free Freespace 2 total conversion called The Babylon Project where you can play with B5 ships and even a few campaigns

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

skooma512 posted:

There’s a free Freespace 2 total conversion called The Babylon Project where you can play with B5 ships and even a few campaigns

Well I know what I am doing this weekend.

Ok question time.
Season 2, episode 19. Devided loyalties. At the beginning Sheridan and Delenn are at the newspaper kiosk. There's a flash of light with a musical queu witch Sheridan notices. what the hell is the light suppose to be, it is never bought up again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Freddy posted:

Well I know what I am doing this weekend.

Ok question time.
Season 2, episode 19. Devided loyalties. At the beginning Sheridan and Delenn are at the newspaper kiosk. There's a flash of light with a musical queu witch Sheridan notices. what the hell is the light suppose to be, it is never bought up again.

It's just recycling the paper and printing them on-demand.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'd forgotten about the custom newspaper machine. I really liked that there was a dedicated Minbari gossip section.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jedit posted:

I'd forgotten about the custom newspaper machine. I really liked that there was a dedicated Minbari gossip section.

It is such a wonderfully outdated idea of future-tech, I love it :allears:.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
hell, honestly given the choice, if I'm at lunch I'd rather have a physical newspaper to read than on my phone

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's just recycling the paper and printing them on-demand.

That's it? Well poo poo I feel dumb.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

skooma512 posted:

In the late 90s there was a computer game that was cancelled that was going to be a fleet combat game, probably similar to Homeworld. After cancellation they gave away promotional material for the cost of shipping. I have a poster and Shadow cruiser wristwatch bat home somewhere.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Good luck captian, your about to go where every one had gone before.

Edit.

majel barrett roddenberry!!!

Darth Freddy fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 21, 2018

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got my wife hooked on Babylon 5 and we have been watching the show a lot on Amazon Prime. :homebrew: We are half way through season 2 now, so the Narn have declared war, the centauri emperor is dead, and Earth Force is way too relevant and real to 2018.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

I got my wife hooked on Babylon 5 and we have been watching the show a lot on Amazon Prime. :homebrew: We are half way through season 2 now, so the Narn have declared war, the centauri emperor is dead, and Earth Force is way too relevant and real to 2018.

Oh man just wait until you see what else happens to Earth that is extremely fuckin relevant.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"Everything's gone to hell, John. God help us all; you're on your own."

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Passed a war with out end, part two. Holly poo poo balls I remember none of this besides the comedy relief. Ending was bad rear end. Only question where the hell didthe two Vorlon come from?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pick posted:

Oh man just wait until you see what else happens to Earth that is extremely fuckin relevant.

I know what you're referring to! I watched Babylon 5 since the first episode aired, just that my wife is watching it for the first time.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Darth Freddy posted:

Passed a war with out end, part two. Holly poo poo balls I remember none of this besides the comedy relief. Ending was bad rear end. Only question where the hell didthe two Vorlon come from?

I think one of them is supposed to be Kosh. Ask us again later about more details. Answering your question would spoil a bunch.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Darth Freddy posted:

"We have always been here."

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Doctor Zero posted:

I think one of them is supposed to be Kosh. Ask us again later about more details. Answering your question would spoil a bunch.

Nah, the two encounter suits are identical and neither one looks like Kosh's rig.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I'm another one who's rewatching it with my wife -- I watched it when it first aired, she never did. Part of the fun is spotting all the guest stars who became known for bigger roles -- there's Lurch! There's Freddy! There's Minister Tagomi from The Man in the High Castle! Last night we got up to "The Long Night" and were deeply amused to see young Bryan Cranston playing a Ranger.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Selachian posted:

I'm another one who's rewatching it with my wife -- I watched it when it first aired, she never did. Part of the fun is spotting all the guest stars who became known for bigger roles -- there's Lurch! There's Freddy! There's Minister Tagomi from The Man in the High Castle! Last night we got up to "The Long Night" and were deeply amused to see young Bryan Cranston playing a Ranger.

Hearing lurch/mr dorn actully talk was cool. I'm going to have to rewaatch the long night for Bryan Cranston.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Selachian posted:

There aren't all that many people who became famous after they appeared on B5, though. Apart from Cranston all your examples were already well known.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There are a lot of people who died though !

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Selachian posted:

Omg the awkward silence in that is utterly heartbreaking. One of the most moving moments in TV period.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Send an email to sendthemtopick@gmail.com w/ your preferred delivery address for a free Star Trek and Babylon 5 friendship sticker.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'd expect G'Kar to get along more with Romulans.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SlothfulCobra posted:

Damar is a friend to all, and all are a friend to Damar :colbert:.

G'kar is a friend to most, but there's this hair guy who is causing him problems.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I see what you did there.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

You know it always impresses me just how good the actor for G'kar is. The fact he can express as much as he does behind a layer of make up is awesome.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Email sent...!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot how hosed up the Narn homeworld invasion episode is. You really lose a lot of respect for Lando with that one.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I forgot how hosed up the Narn homeworld invasion episode is. You really lose a lot of respect for Lando with that one.

You're meant to. He even had the chance to change his path, and didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Don't forget how he sells out Han to the Empire.