Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Twist ending: It's Sally Whitemane, horseman of the Ebon Blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
[quote="Shockeh" post="486469618"]
I literally find WoW characters so generically named that I could not tell you which person that is.
[/quote/]

Lady main boss with a sweet chapeau in Scarlet Monestary Cath. Shields and resses Scarlet Commander Mograine that you pull with her after you burn him down the first time.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Plot Twist: The character called Whitemane ISN'T one of the Yiff-NotWerewolves.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

bio347 posted:

Twist ending: It's Sally Whitemane, horseman of the Ebon Blade.

It's Confessor Paletress!

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

The two ACTUAL characters it could be are:
  • A scarlet crusader, who fades to reveal the dreadlord Balnazzar
  • Lilian Voss, with Whitemane’s body behind her with two swords sticking out of it

Also I’ll be playing taps tonight for Sgt. Hammer, setting up cheesy angles for her Orbital BFG was half the fun of playing her

Edit: Galaxy Brain answer is that the Scarlet Crusader fades to reveal Balnazzar, who fades to reveal Belial

Dire Human fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 26, 2018

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Toads almost always seems like the best Naz build to me. Does anyone actually go for spiders?

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Lilian Voss is my favorite wow character, I wouldn't play anyone else ever.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

the 12 otp Hammer's of our world just collectively screamed.

I'm hoping Balnazaar or Mal'ganis (which was responsible for the scarlet onslaught in wrath of the lich king)

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Shockeh posted:

I literally find WoW characters so generically named that I could not tell you which person that is.

Final boss of the Scarlet Monastery dungeon, basically radical "we hate the undead" paladins and priests.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.

PantsBandit posted:

Toads almost always seems like the best Naz build to me. Does anyone actually go for spiders?

For QM sometimes I do when the other team has zero melee and on a map that has plenty of space for people to avoid them.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

I can’t give good Spiders build advice because playing a Nazeebo game without Dead Rush is a foreign concept to me

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Have a hard time believing that it would be Lillian Voss when there's already a Rogue representative and not a Priest one.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Semper Fudge posted:

Have a hard time believing that it would be Lillian Voss when there's already a Rogue representative and not a Priest one.

Counterpoint: any bottom-up kit they could put together for a WoW Priest character could be skinned as a much more interesting and relevant character

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
That Valeera wasn't 'Generic Rogue' and doesn't have an equivalent 'Generic <WoW Class>' Hero for each class, and that you don't have a skin option that is 'Dressed like your WOW character from the Armoury' continually surprises me. It's such an obvious way to make money from cross-pollinating from WoW players that I'm actually alarmed they haven't done it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Shockeh posted:

That Valeera wasn't 'Generic Rogue' and doesn't have an equivalent 'Generic <WoW Class>' Hero for each class, and that you don't have a skin option that is 'Dressed like your WOW character from the Armoury' continually surprises me. It's such an obvious way to make money from cross-pollinating from WoW players that I'm actually alarmed they haven't done it.

it would take a pretty hilarious amount of time and effort to make that actually work.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Having a character that it's impossible to identify by visuals is a great idea.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
Mal'Ganis

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

SirSamVimes posted:

Yeah, this is the issue. Some of the skins I already only know who it is because I can see who the other team has, and it's not those four. Even if they tried restricting it to say gul'dan can only look like your warlock you'd end up with people equipping the mage gear and stuff. It's a neat idea but totally impractical, setting aside the technical requirements since they are two completely different games that don't share an engine or anything.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

SirSamVimes posted:

Because that's totally a problem the HOTS team have cared about historically. Dreadlord Kerri- wait Jaina... the Novazon skin....

(Not that I don't agree incidentally, just that HOTS clearly does not care about Heroes being visually distinct. That horse has long since bolted.)

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Shockeh posted:

Because that's totally a problem the HOTS team have cared about historically. Dreadlord Kerri- wait Jaina... the Novazon skin....

(Not that I don't agree incidentally, just that HOTS clearly does not care about Heroes being visually distinct. That horse has long since bolted.)

This is why we need a drat Roadhog skin for Stitches already, chop chop people

Shockeh posted:

If I can't get Prophet Velen in the game, then by god I can at least get my goblin Profitvelen

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Shockeh posted:

Yes they do care. Very few skins alter the profile of the hero. Those that do (e.g. vampire Kerrigan) are banned in competitive play.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yes they do care. Very few skins alter the profile of the hero. Those that do (e.g. vampire Kerrigan) are banned in competitive play.

So you're saying there's a working model already in place for this, right?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
hammer nerf (on her worse ult) in 2018

what the gently caress

edit: there was counterplay but they removed the repair drone from a bunch of heroes #1. #2 the game shouldnt go on that long at level 20 so just win faster?

Relin fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 26, 2018

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Tracer
Stats

Basic Attack damage reduced from 27 to 26

Abilities

Quantum Spike (R)
Damage reduced from 8 to 7% of target’s Maximum Health

Literally unplayable

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
This is a great clip.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShakingGenerousBatteryItsBoshyTime

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

If the new hero turns out to be a Whitemane priest it would be kind of odd because Anduin, but it might be like the situation with Rehgar/Thrall where Rehgar's kit was designed with Thrall in mind but they decided afterwards they wanted to do something different with Thrall so they created Rehgar instead.

I still feel like Anduin is a shoe-in for this year. He's one of the BFA headliners, which by itself doesn't necessarily mean much (Khadgar, anyone?) but he's also the only base Hearthstone hero not represented in HotS. The evidence is overwhelming!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Relin posted:

hammer nerf (on her worse ult) in 2018

what the gently caress

edit: there was counterplay but they removed the repair drone from a bunch of heroes #1. #2 the game shouldnt go on that long at level 20 so just win faster?
If it's so bad it sounds like the nerf shouldn't bother you :)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

it really isn't

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

agreed pls stop sharing salty shithead clips

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I've started playing Murky. I am not undefeated and definitely made some misplays where I should have been with the team at times but my God.

There fish is King.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Polio Vax Scene posted:

agreed pls stop sharing salty shithead clips

Haha yeah, what a salty shithead, wanting ranked mode to not be a complete joke. Wait, there is an actual problem being shown in this clip? Nah, gonna ignore that. I hope more skins come out soon.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

hes a salty shithead because hes a salty shithead not because of any specific issues with ranked which i am well aware of.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Even the notorious game of skill hearthstone transitions from good boy points to mmr at legend... Like any gm point/matchmaking issues are ofc totally irrelevant to almost all of the player base but they should have transitioned to mmr at master years ago.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 26, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

beejay posted:

Haha yeah, what a salty shithead, wanting ranked mode to not be a complete joke. Wait, there is an actual problem being shown in this clip? Nah, gonna ignore that. I hope more skins come out soon.

Every single clip of that guy that gets posted he's a salty shithead who can't stop whining, compared to say Grubby where even clips where he probably should be salty he's not. I don't give a poo poo about rank mode or even if he has a point about the ranking, please stop sharing the whiny baby man

edit: And yeah hell yeah more skins. Delete rank mode and replace it with more skins imo

Cavelcade posted:

I've started playing Murky. I am not undefeated and definitely made some misplays where I should have been with the team at times but my God.

There fish is King.

Hell yeah now this is more like it

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I enjoyed that clip because it wasn't a post about World of Warcraft :yaycloud:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

beejay posted:

The problem he's literally whining like a baby about, that last season people could get Master on their first placements, was already fixed.

If those people who got RNG/boosted to M/GM can remain there after 150 games this season with >50% winrate, they belong there.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Next time share a Grubby clip where he brushes off any problems with the game in an attempt to stay positive and emotionless please

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Next time share a Grubby clip where he brushes off any problems with the game in an attempt to stay positive and emotionless please

It's been stated before. Grubby is the Bob Ross of HOTS.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

BrianBoitano posted:

The problem he's literally whining like a baby about, that last season people could get Master on their first placements, was already fixed.

If those people who got RNG/boosted to M/GM can remain there after 150 games this season with >50% winrate, they belong there.
That's not what he was complaining about. He was complaining about the new GM system where players are adjusted upwards with +30 points after every game until they reach their expected point total. The problem is that point total is double to triple what it was in previous seasons - the best players rarely broke 10 thousand points before, now players are breaking 20 thousand by the end of the season.

Most gm players right now have a ~50% winrate, and their ranks are mostly determined by how many games they've played as they get free points after each game.

I'm not very good at explaining it, but basically gm players only reach the rank the system thinks they belong at after at least 300 games now, so the high ranks are filled with players who have completed more of those games, not the best players. That said it's immaterial to matchmaking and very few people take these titles seriously anyways, but I'm not a very competitive gamer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Paranoid Peanut posted:

It's been stated before. Grubby is the Bob Ross of HOTS.

Love to watch the grubb, but it's telling that he turned his friday into another war3 day instead of plaiyng hots