Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
You guys are going to drive the Acaeum members nuts. They also have their annual group dinner at the Rathskeller on Wednesday night of Gen Con eve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

nesbit37 posted:

You guys are going to drive the Acaeum members nuts. They also have their annual group dinner at the Rathskeller on Wednesday night of Gen Con eve.

presumably they'd be inside, we go to the courtyard outside so the rabble rousing can go full tilt

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Works for me, anyone else want to contribute to the democracy here, or am I just decreeing it?

nesbit37 posted:

In order:
1) Who?
2) gently caress 'em.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Lol, they are the big D&D collector's group that pretty much live in the auction. Quarex can probably at least recognize them all if he doesn't know them.

https://www.acaeum.com/

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Oh yeah I am sure I have talked to all of them at this point, even the ones who can only form sounds with their human mouths if the syllables form the title of a rare 1970s gaming supplement.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

nesbit37 posted:

Lol, they are the big D&D collector's group that pretty much live in the auction. Quarex can probably at least recognize them all if he doesn't know them.

https://www.acaeum.com/

There is no group of people i'd rather be loud, drunk, and annoying adjacent to.

Except you guys. :glomp:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Just form a circle around them and play 4e at them.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Enjoyed watching Hobocon.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Haystack posted:

Drunk goon d&d shots wednesday?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Are y'all sure that rathskeller has booze? I haven't been in a couple years but my (notoriously unreliable) memory says it was beer and wine only and I don't see any mention of cocktails or booze on their website.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Haystack posted:

If y'all have a 4e game I will drop thi LARP experiment like a loving rock

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Lawen posted:

Are y'all sure that rathskeller has booze? I haven't been in a couple years but my (notoriously unreliable) memory says it was beer and wine only and I don't see any mention of cocktails or booze on their website.

I dunno; everyone went there last year, but honestly, if we can only get beer, is that really a problem?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I’m a little fuzzy on the memory, but pretty sure we did shots last year

Oh wait, the fuzziness proves it

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Shots were definitely had at the Rathskeller.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
What about fruity girly drinks?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Yeah, they had shots.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

They had some great beers too. I stayed away from that tower of evil.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This makes me wish I could get up there Wednesday, now.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Can you order regular menu food in the beer garden?

Edit: Regarding Indian food; India Garden gave horrible stomach trouble the next day, unlike Haveli. There were also a lot of bones in my goat stew, like small bones. I don't know if that's normal or not.

Edit edit: I used my elven eyes and found the beer garden menu.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jul 26, 2018

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Indian Food is like Mexican Food during a con.

Farty mcfarts the shotgun shitter poops-alot front row center please take a bow.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Haystack posted:

There's India Garden, which is about twice as far as Haveli's was. And a placed called Spice Box in the City Market. Haven't tried either, but they're probably decent.

Spice Box is good but not remarkably so. City market in general is a pretty solid place to get lunch, lots of good options and it's not too much of a walk.

I haven't found an Indian place in Indy I really like since Spice Nation closed.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The best Indian place is in the suburbs. at a truck stop. in a decrepit waffle house. I poo poo you not.

edit: that has a closet of a liquor store.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 27, 2018

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
One of the best Thai restaurants here is in an old Long John Silvers, so that checks out.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Philthy posted:

Indian Food is like Mexican Food during a con.

Farty mcfarts the shotgun shitter poops-alot front row center please take a bow.

Its more like grapeshot from a man-o-war than a shotgun tbh

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Bones in goat-based South Asian dishes are so common that I can only assume there are people who are mad if you take the bones out. "What is this, LAMB???"

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Same with Jamaican food. So if you get Curried Goat from one of the Jamaican food trucks (which I highly recommend, BTW), just know that there will be bones in it. FWIW, it's exactly the same preparation as you get when you're in Jamaica, which is pretty rad.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Whenever I've ordered goat it has tasted just like lamb but with more bones and less meat, so I've given up on it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I didn't mind the bones, I'm just glad I noticed before I chomped down hard on one

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This talk of pieces of bones in food is pretty drat gross.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

Where do YOU like your bones?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Must resist mom joke.....

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

enigmahfc posted:

No, it's delicious. Most of these kinds of preparations are roasts or stews. Cooking the meat on the (cracked) bone lets the marrow enrich the result.

Just don't try to eat it when it's dark. I foolishly made the mistake of ordering curried goat once at a candle-light dinner on the beach; Eating it required a degree of circumspection for which I was not totally prepared.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I’m gonna try and bring a handful of games I’ve never played before:
Pax pamir
Pax porfiriana
Pax renaissance
Bios genesis
John company

Anyone interested in giving these a shot?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That’s bait

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
If any of you guys go to Garycon, the badges went on sale 15 minutes ago.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Does anyone want one of these games before I dump it in the auction?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Hmm all these exotic sounding food options...is there anyplace I can get food with the texture/taste/spiciness of mayonaise in Indy?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Fellis posted:

Hmm all these exotic sounding food options...is there anyplace I can get food with the texture/taste/spiciness of mayonaise in Indy?

Anything at High Velocity labeled "spicy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

ketchup vs catsup posted:

John company

Anyone interested in giving these a shot?

I would be down to teach John Company but you also need to find two others patient enough for a 2-3 hour game.

Thursday afternoon, wednesday evening, or saturday evening works for me