Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
God I hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It would be nice if we could drown to death in a sea of gifs and videos and screenshots from the most colourful update this game has ever seen.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I'm not really sure how you can argue any of those positions given they've already sold 15+million units of the game in the past year (less than actually if you look at the reporting dates).

Two of the three biggest content updates they've released (heists, doomsday heists, nightclubs) have been in the past 6 months.

If it was recycled business content like gunrunning or smugglers run then I could maybe see your point but they've put a LOT of time and money into writing, content, voice acting, game technology updates, mission updates, pretty much small expansions.

Not to say that it's flawless content or that they are saints for releasing it "for free" or anything, but you can hardly argue the position that things are slowing down.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Zigmidge posted:

It would be nice if we could drown to death in a sea of gifs and videos and screenshots from the most colourful update this game has ever seen.

nobody still plays this game

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Psion posted:

I have read someone claiming the game is on EOL life support for the last year. First it was Gunrunning was the end, then they released Smuggler's Run, and that was it except Doomsday came out of nowhere, which had to be the end, except Super Sports, which was it except now After Hours.

someone in this thread pretending they can discern that this update - but none of the rest of those updates - is when Rockstar has finally decided to EOL online and changed their staffing priorities is hilarious.

what's logical is this: rockstar has always been chasing that sweet online money and of course they want the lowest cost to maximum return, and they'll keep doing it as long as they keep making enough money.

Shuffling their staff is obviously where they got the inspiration for re-assignable technicians :rolleyes:

Last night was fun with the setups. I enjoy the story based missions as a diversion. Yes they only take about 10 minutes total, but its a nice little interjection to the plot, to break up the daily grind
Spoilering this cuz I don't know whats fact or fiction anymore, obviously unofficial stuff, but probably more trustworthy than MrBossFTW .
With the bit of effort put into the mission to get Solomon Grundy to the club, I could see something similar for each of the others when they drop, so that'd be 3 more missions. The dates for new DJs are weekly i think, dont recall if it's the next 3 tuesdays or the exact dates
It looks like there is another RDR2 crossover treasure hunt type quest that was found in the download, not announced yet
Also nothing has yet been announced officially on the Oppressor MK II
Can't have a MK II upgrade path without a brand new workshop, so look forward to another unannounced MOC type vehicle
Can't have a MOC without new missions, I was reading something that mentioned Client Jobs but I don't know if that is just a new name for contact missions?
Doesn't look like any NEW businesses, but this MOC is hinted as being what will consolidate all the networks(MC, bunker, hangar, CEO, etc)
Also LOL something about launching drones from the new MOC?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Zigmidge posted:

No, posts like this are better.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I would post pics and gifs but I can't afford any of the new cool stuff lol

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

mutata posted:

The answer is all of them. All of the offices are working on RDR2.

And you believe that? Come on. That's an obvious dodge. "Well it's Rockstar North" you heard it folks they've abandoned GTA "Well it's Rockstar somewhere else" oh great the B team this game is gonna suck

OF COURSE they are going to say "all our studios are working on this" and decline to elaborate further

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

You win. Your total lack of real knowledge beats my complete ignorance.

Edit: If you're asking me if I believe that the vast majority of Rockstar's employees are working on RDR2, though, then the answer is of course they are. Also, I never said they have or are abandoning GTA. v:shobon:v

mutata fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 26, 2018

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I hope GTA 6 has a wheel offset slider. :thumbsup:

sigseven
May 8, 2003

That was heavy.
One good thing about the updates is even if you don't care about the content, it gets people online to do other cool stuff.
https://giant.gfycat.com/ColorlessImpossibleLacewing.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/JadedGrotesqueFinch.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/GreedyAnguishedAdouri.webm

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Cage posted:

No, posts like this are better.

https://giant.gfycat.com/NimbleSaltyAssassinbug.webm

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I was being literal.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh gently caress we're getting a F&F1 livery for the Penumbra and a Rolling Guy livery for the Futo

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
I'm gonna need a bit more cash if I want a fog machine in my club, so is anyone up for walking me through the Doomsday heists this weekend?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

mutata posted:

The game has been successful a billion times over but past performance and support is never indicative of future content. The game is entering a looooong tail period where the developers will mostly cycle off to develop and support new titles leaving a much smaller core crew of people. These remaining people will be tasked with generating the maximum amount of income with the least amount of overhead. Content will get looser and less focused and more like remixes or reskins of existing concepts. Another business type that essentially uses the same paradigms. Another rocket car. Another movie reference car. All priced in the low million dollar bracket. A couple adversary modes here. Another fetch em mission there. It will continue to make tons of money and it won't be anything new. It's the tail and the goal is to stretch it out as long as possible and put as little money into development as possible. Holding pattern.

I think there's something about the engine that forces them to make content in the way that they do. That's why all missions are just variations of "drive here, then drive there" or "drive here, shoot guys"

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Shuffling their staff is obviously where they got the inspiration for re-assignable technicians :rolleyes:

Last night was fun with the setups. I enjoy the story based missions as a diversion. Yes they only take about 10 minutes total, but its a nice little interjection to the plot, to break up the daily grind
Spoilering this cuz I don't know whats fact or fiction anymore, obviously unofficial stuff, but probably more trustworthy than MrBossFTW .
With the bit of effort put into the mission to get Solomon Grundy to the club, I could see something similar for each of the others when they drop, so that'd be 3 more missions. The dates for new DJs are weekly i think, dont recall if it's the next 3 tuesdays or the exact dates
It looks like there is another RDR2 crossover treasure hunt type quest that was found in the download, not announced yet
Also nothing has yet been announced officially on the Oppressor MK II
Can't have a MK II upgrade path without a brand new workshop, so look forward to another unannounced MOC type vehicle
Can't have a MOC without new missions, I was reading something that mentioned Client Jobs but I don't know if that is just a new name for contact missions?
Doesn't look like any NEW businesses, but this MOC is hinted as being what will consolidate all the networks(MC, bunker, hangar, CEO, etc)
Also LOL something about launching drones from the new MOC?

The DJs are supposed to be weekly, the mission for Tale Of Us is already on YouTube and I’m pretty certain they showed a bit of The Black Madonna’s mission in the trailer when she decks the cop.
There’s stuff that has been found in the game files that makes me wonder if this is going to end up effectively being two updates close together, specifically the Terabyte MOC type vehicle with the drones makes me think they might be gearing up to give us some kind of resolution to the Doomsday Heist story rather than something directly connected with the Nightclub. Speaking of, I’ve still not finished the Doomsday Heist’s last act, need to get on that.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I havent even made it through the first of the doomsday ones yet. Started out easy enough doing them 2 person, but at some point it was stretched out too thin with just the 2 of us so we said fuckit and agreed to try them again sometime with at least a 3rd and probably a 4th.

I'd be down to run through these over a couple nights. Not really worried about the payout so I can host and take the min cut

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
The Doomsday Heists are definitely doable with 2 people all the way through, there are a couple prep missions where you'll have to back track once because it forces you to steal 4 cars for example instead of two but otherwise it's fine. The enemies even scale for more people and have more health. At least definitively the final mission in act 3, I expected it was going to be nearly impossible with 2 but it was actually easier because people died faster and there were less of them. Still not easy though...

Also the Heist has a pretty definitive conclusion.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Ok, that makes sense and I think it may have been that steal X 4 mission that kept loving us

I was wondering why the bonus for 2 people Mastermind was a lot less than 4 person, but if it scales enemies and stuff, then there ya go!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Hugh Malone posted:

nope, if you get out the bus shuts down.

unless you're driving and jump out ofc

No, its speakers work like the lights on a police car. They stay on when you turn on the strobes with the E key and get out. It just works.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Babe Magnet posted:

I would post pics and gifs but I can't afford any of the new cool stuff lol

:justpost:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I made a unicorn

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

sigseven posted:

One good thing about the updates is even if you don't care about the content, it gets people online to do other cool stuff.
https://giant.gfycat.com/ColorlessImpossibleLacewing.webm

Is this OJ? Can we set up a goon OJ again? God that was fun in SA Multiplayer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Babe Magnet posted:

oh gently caress we're getting a F&F1 livery for the Penumbra

tell me more

mutata posted:

What makes you think your rebuttal is a meaningful statement in any way? What's your point then? Pointing out my meaninglessness? Who cares? Nothing matters. Maybe you're entering your own EOL phase! Maybe we're all going to die soon.

if you literally can't answer the question, just say so

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Psion posted:

tell me more

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

FuturePastNow posted:

No, its speakers work like the lights on a police car. They stay on when you turn on the strobes with the E key and get out. It just works.

Hm, ok, I'm on console so that's just the horn honk button I guess

Cool, I'll try it out, thanks!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

Hm, ok, I'm on console so that's just the horn honk button I guess

Cool, I'll try it out, thanks!

hold it for a second

Also double tap it to blip the lights and siren on a police car. People will sometimes get out of the way or careen directly into you

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Looks like the mk2 opressor will be its own vehicle and not a upgrade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjmS8IAmrPI

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

i have hung on to an upgraded Penumbra for years and it's finally - finally - going to be worth it. :hellyeah:

sigseven posted:

I'm surprised we didn't get a new radio station out of this update (maybe after all the DJs are dripfed into the game) but even so, this is pretty sweet

https://giant.gfycat.com/SparseNextBlackbear.webm

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Psion posted:

tell me more

if you literally can't answer the question, just say so

I'm just as likely to be right as you. :)

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ugh, wrong generation Eclipse, jesus Rockstar what are you even doing :goonsay:

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

T1g4h posted:

I'm legit surprised they didn't turn it into a Benny's original and charge half a million for it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

T1g4h posted:

they can salvage this joke if the livery is called "I almost had you" though. then it's got double meaning!

if they add some bodywork options to make the Eclipse look more like a 2g it'd be Good Enough For Rockstar, though I don't know if they'll even do that. The problems of trying to make cars which look just enough like a real car without looking just enough like them to catch a C&D.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Selling goods from the NightClub looks to be pretty profitable for henchmen. Only done a couple but the amount given was roughly 10% of the CEO's take. Did one and the CEO made about $160k, as a associate I made $15k. Did one as the boss and I made like $55k, associates made $5k. These were both pretty small, so it'll be interesting to see the cut with a full sale.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Pararoid posted:

Is this OJ? Can we set up a goon OJ again? God that was fun in SA Multiplayer.

I should dig around in Creator and see what I still have there. Way back several updates ago I had built a race map that mirrored OJs route- from the valley and the freeways and ending up in Brentwood. When I made it there wasnt much for options to balance things out, and the vehicle was like the Mesa or some other generic SUV. Now I bet you could do a lot more with it with the Riata and cop cars, using Hunting Pack as a template

I remember those from SAMP too, OJ and smear the queer were good times for what the technology allowed!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I would log back into GTAO without hesitation if some goon is streaming OJ simulations.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

deadly_pudding posted:

I would log back into GTAO without hesitation if some goon is streaming OJ simulations.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Zigmidge posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
I honestly think the Nightclub is the best building they've added to multiplayer.

It feels like an actual part of the world, not just an empty building that money comes out of.

Plus it generally feels like it fits better than literally-super-villain-facility.