Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

al-azad posted:

The Spike Lee joint basketball game is very good it's like your boy is dead but visits you on the court as a ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtLxfbyvmA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Oh man, get hype for Telltale Madden Season 2

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2018/longshot-deep-dive

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your defensive lineman will not remember this, due to repeated concussions.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm very excited to watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

Your defensive lineman will not remember this, due to repeated concussions.
repeated concussions would explain a lot about walking dead season 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I could not find much rhyme or reason to Killer7 and i gave up playing it after maybe a few hours. its got a cool style but once it dropped its oblique environmental narrative design in the first level and then played that movie explaining what was going on I was put off by it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Endorph posted:

what if you had two story ideas but only the budget for zero video game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViQbt0vxn1A

The only good thing about zestria is the intro buttrock vid. That song whips

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sequel to panzermadel? I think that was the name.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I got started on the Shivering Isles DLC :toot:

First impressions are mostly positive, the world they created for this is so dingy and different that it really stands out (it feels very Morrowind so far from the bits I've seen) and from what I can tell they've made a huge extra area, it looks like there's way more content than I was expecting. The enemies all feel super unique as well and the overall vibe is very offputting. The one issue I have so far is I hope not all the dungeons are grummites because I'm 3 for 3 so far and they're a huge pain in the rear end.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shivering Isles is absolutely the best Oblivion has to offer, and no, not all the dungeons are grummites.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

In Training posted:

I could not find much rhyme or reason to Killer7 and i gave up playing it after maybe a few hours. its got a cool style but once it dropped its oblique environmental narrative design in the first level and then played that movie explaining what was going on I was put off by it.

That movie has almost nothing to do with everything else that happens in the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it also barely explains anything

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im gonna play k7 with a mouse one day cause i suck at it on controller

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real hurthling! posted:

Im gonna play k7 with a mouse one day cause i suck at it on controller

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like suda51 produced games more than one he directs himself I think

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
small brain: Killer 7 was made on drugs

Galaxy brain: https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1022275443536355328

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I taught myself how to understand mahjong so I could understand what was happening in Akagi and Killer7's mahjong scenes.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Samuringa posted:

Press A to "MOVE IT FOOTBALL HEAD!"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

That game is actually really bad lol

What game, I only know the quote from the dilby cartoons

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

I taught myself how to understand mahjong so I could understand what was happening in Akagi and Killer7's mahjong scenes.

CAntonese? American? Chinese simple? Japanese?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

So what was happening?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

So is No Man's Sky now a decent chill and watch YouTube videos game?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr E posted:

So is No Man's Sky now a decent chill and watch YouTube videos game?

Absolutely, in my opinion. I think it's no longer fair to poo poo on this game or the devs. They have delivered the game they promised and then some. It has an entire mode now where you don't even have to worry about resources or being killed by crazy robots; god mode is enabled, you get unlimited resources and tech, and can just build and explore to hearts content.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Just wait for them to fix the thing where it apparently deletes your saves

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Game development is difficult and time-consuming and gets tougher at each level of graphic fidelity. And then after you release the game, there is a chance everyone will hate the thing you and 20 other people just spent three years working on. Or there is a chance people will run a social media campaign against you and your game because you had a lady in it or something. Or they'll do it because you got singled-out for a lovely but ubiquitous business practice. Or you're just EA and deserve most of the poo poo anyway. Being fun and experimental about making games is exhausting.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Absolutely, in my opinion. I think it's no longer fair to poo poo on this game or the devs. They have delivered the game they promised and then some. It has an entire mode now where you don't even have to worry about resources or being killed by crazy robots; god mode is enabled, you get unlimited resources and tech, and can just build and explore to hearts content.

I might reinstall if they have a just build your space treehouse and have a good time mode. The inventory management before was tedious.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sometimes the poo poo is totally deserved. EA deserves it, the devs behind Star Citizen, and Shroud of the Avatar deserve to be relentlessly harassed on Twitter too. Otherwise I tend to just leave devs alone and understand sometimes bad poo poo just happens but it doesn't really matter because it's just a video game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

I said come in! posted:

Sometimes the poo poo is totally deserved. EA deserves it, the devs behind Star Citizen, and Shroud of the Avatar deserve to be relentlessly harassed on Twitter too.

hm

i hate ea a lot but, this is perhaps not the best way to put it

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Samuringa posted:

couldnt we just get crash team racing 2 instead :smith:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
crash nitro kart + tag team racing hd trilogy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

bloodychill posted:

Game development is difficult and time-consuming and gets tougher at each level of graphic fidelity. And then after you release the game, there is a chance everyone will hate the thing you and 20 other people just spent three years working on. Or there is a chance people will run a social media campaign against you and your game because you had a lady in it or something. Or they'll do it because you got singled-out for a lovely but ubiquitous business practice. Or you're just EA and deserve most of the poo poo anyway. Being fun and experimental about making games is exhausting.

It's easy to say that people shouldnt have gotten mad about Hello Games, but they did demonstrably mislead and lie about their game. That's pretty lovely imo

Sword of the Stars 2, never forget

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Sometimes the poo poo is totally deserved. EA deserves it, the devs behind Star Citizen, and Shroud of the Avatar deserve to be relentlessly harassed on Twitter too. Otherwise I tend to just leave devs alone and understand sometimes bad poo poo just happens but it doesn't really matter because it's just a video game.
i dont think people who happen to work for lovely company deserve to be harassed on twitter

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a dual remaster of spyro: enter the dragonfly and crash bandicoot: crash of the titans that actually finishes both games turning them into proper series finales instead of awkwardly rushed messes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

it's kind of hosed up looking back on years of people laughing about how katamari damacy must have been made on drugs when the guy who directed it talks about his sense of self-defeat because he wanted to make the industry more aware of how we can experiment with gameplay not even for deep narrative purposes but just for the sake of it and he doesn't feel like he made the impact he wanted, and also that the concept of the game sprouted from his thoughts on rampant consumerism and hoarding of things that people don't really need even if he doesn't think that core message is overall important to the game itself anymore

asking "what kind of drugs were they on when they thought this up?? lol" is definitely way up there in terms of stupid things to say about media

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have a deep appreciation for weird half-finished mid-budget 6th gen platformers that clearly had a lot of effort and ambition behind them that, collapsed entirely because of budget reasons

vexx lives on, in all of our hearts

this is also why overblood 2 is the best ps1 game

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

corn in the bible posted:

It's easy to say that people shouldnt have gotten mad about Hello Games, but they did demonstrably mislead and lie about their game. That's pretty lovely imo

Sword of the Stars 2, never forget

That's true. If you misrepresent your game or lie to players, you're gonna get crap for it and that's on you.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I miss the pre-NMS release hype cycle where Sean Murray would appear on some gaming channel and paid hype men from IGN would gradually get bored of the game just in the 10 minutes it took for him to fly onto a planet and shoot at a couple yellow rocks. That poo poo was endlessly entertaining and I wish it never had to end.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
next month is death crimson's 22nd anniversary everyone

never forget the game that originated the studio that helped french bread make uniel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i have a deep appreciation for weird half-finished mid-budget 6th gen platformers that clearly had a lot of effort and ambition behind them that, collapsed entirely because of budget reasons

vexx lives on, in all of our hearts

this is also why overblood 2 is the best ps1 game

I didn't know until today that this dumb game started on PS1.

Unironically bring back MDK thanks

• Locked thread