Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Someone mentioned that the china servers had an update that made it more difficult to farm dungeons solo and one of the reasons why malasya was chosen was because they didn't think that it would garner a whole lot of people coming back to chinagame.exe

Yeah, at first it was just going to be Leffe, Chroma, Askar, and me. We didn't want to deal with the instance restrictions, so we just decided to screw around on Malaysia for fun. The posting about it here and gathering any degree of support wasn't expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm actually unreasonably excited to be back in chinagame.exe

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

angerbeet posted:

I'm actually unreasonably excited to be back in chinagame.exe

Bad dog

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Someone mentioned that the china servers had an update that made it more difficult to farm dungeons solo and one of the reasons why malasya was chosen was because they didn't think that it would garner a whole lot of people coming back to chinagame.exe

dungeons are actually easier to solo, they basically removed normal mode and made it a short, simple dungeon with less bosses that you can use to farm jade points easily for the week or some flight skills. I played in china after the change, was super easy to solo my own TV 3 man to get goose, it's a better system overall in my opinion.

the part about requiring a set amount of people is not true, I saw people soloing PCV/longmen when I assassinated.

also I just spent two hours doing the nangong family quest line only to learn that the NPCs for the four great families are busted, so you can't buy their sets, things are broken on this server and it is annoying

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

GreatestNerdEver posted:

dungeons are actually easier to solo, they basically removed normal mode and made it a short, simple dungeon with less bosses that you can use to farm jade points easily for the week or some flight skills. I played in china after the change, was super easy to solo my own TV 3 man to get goose, it's a better system overall in my opinion.

the part about requiring a set amount of people is not true, I saw people soloing PCV/longmen when I assassinated.

also I just spent two hours doing the nangong family quest line only to learn that the NPCs for the four great families are busted, so you can't buy their sets, things are broken on this server and it is annoying

There are dungeons beyond the soloable version that actually drop skill sets and internals. These cannot be done with less players than the stated. So, if you want to farm goose forever, you absolutely can. If you want anything beyond that, you need the set number of players.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Saradiart posted:

There are dungeons beyond the soloable version that actually drop skill sets and internals. These cannot be done with less players than the stated. So, if you want to farm goose forever, you absolutely can. If you want anything beyond that, you need the set number of players.

I assassinated people in dungeons beyond the solo dungeons, soloing those dungeons, and small groups in those dungeons. Soloing 12 man PCV and whatnot.

edit - in ixthuas video he even runs GCC 12 with only 3 people, there is no required minimum amount of people

GreatestNerdEver fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jul 27, 2018

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

You know you can't resist it, Grithok. Come show us what a bookcase looks like

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I'm not going to make a million bronze and silver armours again or grow silkworms.

I'll just cheer you on from the sidelines.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I assassinated people in dungeons beyond the solo dungeons, soloing those dungeons, and small groups in those dungeons. Soloing 12 man PCV and whatnot.

edit - in ixthuas video he even runs GCC 12 with only 3 people, there is no required minimum amount of people

That's so bizarre because it's ixthua and some others from the CN servers who are relaying that information. Maybe it doesn't affect the new servers that have limits on internals and stuff?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Saradiart posted:

That's so bizarre because it's ixthua and some others from the CN servers who are relaying that information. Maybe it doesn't affect the new servers that have limits on internals and stuff?

I guess it's a possibility, or maybe somewhere along the way wires got crossed, I think they are just saying that the instance rework adjusts the instance sizes to 3/6/12, because I've seen no evidence of needing minimum amounts of players

and people are salty over the 3 man instance loot being bound

so yea move to china plz

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
It's fun to poke around in chinagame again, but the malaysian servers seem dead as gently caress. I think our best bet is to jump in on the new china server that's coming in a month.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Skion posted:

It's fun to poke around in chinagame again, but the malaysian servers seem dead as gently caress. I think our best bet is to jump in on the new china server that's coming in a month.

in the meantime the newest chinese server was released in june, is only on 3rd inners, and is very populated!

also I don't know for SURE if china is getting a new server but they have had a schedule of doing a new one every 2 months-ish and the last was on june 8th so

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

in the meantime the newest chinese server was released in june, is only on 3rd inners, and is very populated!

also I don't know for SURE if china is getting a new server but they have had a schedule of doing a new one every 2 months-ish and the last was on june 8th so

Didn't know it was that recent, thought it was like NA where servers are every big patch. I'm totally down for china servers if we can wrangle some english speakers for it.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

This is next levels of retarded, I'm sitting this one out. Dealing with easy to get sets on par with Ancient Tai-Chi while having terrible ping. Wow sounds like fun!

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hy_C posted:

This is next levels of retarded, I'm sitting this one out. Dealing with easy to get sets on par with Ancient Tai-Chi while having terrible ping. Wow sounds like fun!

it's actually pretty fun, you can get your ping down to around 120-130ish, which while not ideal is fun enough

ancient taichi doesn't factor in very much since the chinese pop out new servers left and right so people rush them for the fun content (up to 3rd, I guess 4th inners) then people migrate to the next new hotness

also I am not sure what sets you are referring to that are easy to get and are on par with ATC

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

GreatestNerdEver posted:

it's actually pretty fun, you can get your ping down to around 120-130ish, which while not ideal is fun enough

ancient taichi doesn't factor in very much since the chinese pop out new servers left and right so people rush them for the fun content (up to 3rd, I guess 4th inners) then people migrate to the next new hotness

also I am not sure what sets you are referring to that are easy to get and are on par with ATC

StorGondul posted:

They do but they're a lot easier to get with this version. it's not absolutely retarded like NA wushu. And i've only seen one person use them so far anyway since everyone is using school sets as they were buffed to level 13 so you can use breeze sword as your end set if you want and it can fight ancients.

Sorry mis-remembered the post, still.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hy_C posted:

Sorry mis-remembered the post, still.

well the enhanced basic school sets are viable as hell and could probably compete with ancients, especially breeze and long boxing

also the game is fun when not run into the ground by snailUSA, VIP is 5 dollars, and the translation works well enough for most important things

and no cash sets

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

So china chinagame is WAY more populated. This picture taken at like midnight my time.
For those of us who are already playing malaysia version, most of the hassle is the same. Still messing with poor ping, chinese names, etc. However the server we are on here is super active vs malaysia being pretty much dead.

The only pain in the rear end is the requirement for china ID. Generated ones get you in the door, but if its not legit you get flagged as under 18 with a 3 hour time limit to play. Its loving terrible. To get around this we pay someone 10bux to make an account for us with legit info, and we have a legitimate account with no restrictions.

https://www.obtgame.com/age-of-wushu-chinese-server-account.html

Looks shady but no scamerino. Download bigbos fully translated client from the discord, and hit the right server.

That's pretty much it. We have a channel for china server and a guild set-up. If you're having fun on malaysia don't feel a need to move, but if you're bored with no people china server is good.

https://discord.gg/7t94xkA

Skion fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 31, 2018

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Oh, hey, let's just do this quest about subsects -- oh what's this a cutscene?

https://imgur.com/a/8T60d4f

:thunk:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Oh china game :allears:

How complete is the translation patch? Good enough for someone who knows zero chinese to play?

And more importantly: Can you still puke on people to make them puke and cause massive fights?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Rynoto posted:

Oh china game :allears:

How complete is the translation patch? Good enough for someone who knows zero chinese to play?

And more importantly: Can you still puke on people to make them puke and cause massive fights?

Uh, it'll get you about 90% of the way on Malaysia and maybe like 80% on China. China is probably the place to cause ruckus though.

e: though the translation is irrelevant just hit the yellow part of the quest text and autopath to glory.

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 2, 2018

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Sounds about the same as when it was just bizarre engrish on snail's servers then, cheers! Definitely have to look into it.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Rynoto posted:

Sounds about the same as when it was just bizarre engrish on snail's servers then, cheers! Definitely have to look into it.

Oh, it's literally that translation just overlaid on top of whatever server. When you start to hit new stuff, that's when the translation runs out. However, I was running around without it just because one of the translations makes it impossible to autopath to new stuff, and I managed to complete an entire 3 hour quest chain just by hitting autopath text.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Did you apply the engrish translation instead of the actual english one since our client had both and chinese.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Can you still chat giant Buddha pictures at people?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Giant "I'M GOING TO BITE YOU!" were the best shouts.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Absolutely the best shouts.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

TheRagamuffin posted:

Can you still chat giant Buddha pictures at people?

Unless they changed the underlying code, I don't see why not. I remember looking at it a long time ago and some of the things you could do with it were, uh, interesting, to say the least.

My favorite thing was that you could literally put a hotlink to any website into your speech and there was no way for anyone to figure out that it was a link and where it would take you until you clicked it.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I'm back from work retirement to say that I've been convinced to give China server a try when the new one comes out.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Snail/Wildcard hosed up and uploaded their pirate chinagame trailer early
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_njzzm12K8

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I can't wait to evict the Dutch from Taiwan again.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
What confirmation is there that they're remaking Age of Wushu? Because this is apparently Snail and I really can't see them doing two MMOs like this. This looks suspiciously like the footage I've seen of the "remake" too. Allegedly comes out this month on Steam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyoOE9EOync

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

snail will make plenty of things that compete against snail

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Snail/Wildcard hosed up and uploaded their pirate chinagame trailer early
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_njzzm12K8

Eh, I liked sea of thieves art style better before this update.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Looks like the next big chinagame.exe you can play without learning moonrunes or buying a panda SSN is coming from Nexon.

https://mmoculture.com/2018/08/nexon-epic-wuxia-mmorpg-moonlight-blade-teased-for-western-release/

Maybe they wont gently caress it up or close it down after a year because its not profitable enough ?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

nexon lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It's Nexon, one of the two will happen as they gouge you the entire way.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Ugh, RIP

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Nexon killed both mabinogi and DFO for me. Not a good track record. Who knows though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.